day 2 incident

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

discoqueen
Posts in topic: 1

Re: day 2 incident

Post by discoqueen »

froughty wrote:I took a casing directly to the forehead a few weeks ago when shooting a 1911, it stung so much I swore it broke the skin.
After reading this, I thought to myself "How would I explain this at work if (when?) it happens to me?" Times like this, I'm glad to be female - "I did it with the curling iron" ;-)
How many tools are in your toolbox?
www.DefensiveMindset.com

Topic author
spolct
Posts in topic: 4

Post by spolct »

it's been one week now since the incident. there's a tiny bit of scab left and a small bit of discoloration. neither are very visible. there goes my street cred I guess....
AIKYNALATEIYWTWUJPWLA
ayup - i know you're not a lawyer and that even if you were that what you just posted wasn't legal advice.

IMHO YMMV XYZPDQ

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

discoqueen wrote:
froughty wrote:I took a casing directly to the forehead a few weeks ago when shooting a 1911, it stung so much I swore it broke the skin.
After reading this, I thought to myself "How would I explain this at work if (when?) it happens to me?" Times like this, I'm glad to be female - "I did it with the curling iron" ;-)
:thumbs2: I would be embarrassed to use that one. :smilelol5:
NRA Endowment Member

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

been there done that 3 round burst down the vest/jacket multiple times hurts like heck in the 140 degree heat, but its better than the alternative of having leaks and I have done that been there got the t shirt and scars. have caught brass tween my glasses, tween my pants one time when my t pulled out and it went over my back.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Keith B »

WildBill wrote:
discoqueen wrote:
:thumbs2: I would be embarrassed to use that one. :smilelol5:
Bill, I have seen your head and hair; not sure anyone would believe you could even use a curling iron. :lol:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

dukalmighty

Post by dukalmighty »

I've caught brass a few times between glasses and skin but I keep muzzle downrange while using off hand to get rid of the brass,then listen to my shooting partner start in with "If you wear a hat that wouldn't happen" until one day he caught a hot 45 acp down his back ....from my gun,I didn't know he could dance
It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end-to-end, someone would be stupid enough to try to pass them

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Saturday a little over a week ago, I picked up another burn on the back of my right elbow from a piece of hot 5.56 brass. It occurs to me that it might well be worth the cost of someday investing in a left-handed upper for my AR, because that's really the problem. Being left handed, my offside arm is on the same side as the ejection port and—concentrating on my sight picture—I'm not particularly aware of hot brass landing on the bench before I set my arm down on top of it. The burn I got the other day actually made a sizzling sound for a fraction of a second before I yanked my arm back.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

JeepGuy79

Post by JeepGuy79 »

teaching my cousin to run the mp5k I got 3 down the back of my tshirt. Man, it stings. In the eye has to suck!!!

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Perhaps y'all should invest in one of these...

hat

Then you could solve crimes, too -- The game is afoot!
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Topic author
spolct

Post by spolct »

sjfcontrol wrote:Perhaps y'all should invest in one of these...

hat

that would look silly at best, but looks like over the head ear hole protectors would fit over one of those nicely. and the price is right.

so if i were to go this route, would the houndstooth be obligatory?
AIKYNALATEIYWTWUJPWLA
ayup - i know you're not a lawyer and that even if you were that what you just posted wasn't legal advice.

IMHO YMMV XYZPDQ

Dave2
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dave2 »

spolct wrote:so if i were to go this route, would the houndstooth be obligatory?
Yes.

What's a houndstooth?
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Dave2 wrote:
spolct wrote:so if i were to go this route, would the houndstooth be obligatory?
Yes.

What's a houndstooth?
Houndstooth is the pattern on the material used to make that hat. Sherlock Holme's hat was actually tweed, which often has the houndstooth pattern. The early Sherlock Holmes movies had him in that hat
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
spolct

Post by spolct »

hat

i just showed the amazon link to my wife - she was in tears laughing at the thought of someone (me) at the range in safety glasses, ear hole protectors, and that hat. she bookmarked the link.
AIKYNALATEIYWTWUJPWLA

IMHO YMMV XYZPDQ

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

spolct wrote:

hat

i just showed the amazon link to my wife - she was in tears laughing at the thought of someone (me) at the range in safety glasses, ear hole protectors, and that hat. she bookmarked the link.

:tiphat: (literally!) "rlol"
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

terryg

Post by terryg »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Saturday a little over a week ago, I picked up another burn on the back of my right elbow from a piece of hot 5.56 brass. It occurs to me that it might well be worth the cost of someday investing in a left-handed upper for my AR, because that's really the problem. Being left handed, my offside arm is on the same side as the ejection port and—concentrating on my sight picture—I'm not particularly aware of hot brass landing on the bench before I set my arm down on top of it. The burn I got the other day actually made a sizzling sound for a fraction of a second before I yanked my arm back.
Oooorrrr, TAM, you could simply stop bucking the system and start learning to shoot right handed ... the way God and JMB intended the human race to shoot. You lefties always demanding special rights, special desks in classrooms, special guns, special scissors, special coffee cups. Wouldn't it just be easier on all of us if you would simply conform???? :leaving
... this space intentionally left blank ...

Return to “Never Again!!”