Personal "gun free" Zone

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
goose
Posts in topic: 1

Personal "gun free" Zone

Post by goose »

Got my plastic on the 23rd and have been behaving appropriately since. Last night I was packing a range bag with several different pistols. We’re going to the range later today in order to help a coworker decide if any of them fit her. Both of my carry guns were in the bag. As I left to take the kids to a non-school event I felt so exposed. I was much more fidgety being without than I have been worrying about printing or my shirt tail riding up. And, I did it to myself. I created my own personal "gun free" zone. That is the “never again” part. I know that there will be times when I won’t be armed but after last night I will do my level best to make it rare. I am enjoying how the feeling of living in the yellow is coming back and being more in the fore front of my thoughts. It never should have left. Maybe that is “never again” part two.

Anyway, I felt awkward and stupid and thought I'd share.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

Texas_vet2012

Re: Personal "gun free" Zone

Post by Texas_vet2012 »

Great post!
1/28/2012 - Application submitted
2/1/2012 - Fingerprints completed
2/4/2012 - CHL class competed
2/6/2012 - Packet mailed
2/9/2012 - DPS recieved
2/20/2012 - Background under review
3/1/2012 - Background Check Completed
3/1/2012 - Manufacturing Pending
3/2/2012-Manufacturing

schufflerbot

Post by schufflerbot »

i have reduced my time at bars and other 'carry free' establishments by at least 85% in the months since i received my CHL.

I've gone a couple of times and each evening i go out without my weapon i declare that, 'this is the last time i do this.' as i feel completely naked without it.

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

schufflerbot wrote:i have reduced my time at bars and other 'carry free' establishments by at least 85% in the months since i received my CHL.

I've gone a couple of times and each evening i go out without my weapon i declare that, 'this is the last time i do this.' as i feel completely naked without it.

Saves on the headaches in the morning, too! :thumbs2:
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

terryg

Post by terryg »

n5wd wrote:
schufflerbot wrote:i have reduced my time at bars and other 'carry free' establishments by at least 85% in the months since i received my CHL.

Saves on the headaches in the morning, too! :thumbs2:
Not carrying a gun gives you a headache the next morning??? I'm confused. :rolll
... this space intentionally left blank ...

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

One of my high-school-aged daughters plays soccer. I leave it in the car, while attending her games, because the Bible tells me so...or at least the law does. I always feel vulnerable although I still have my big, old CRKT M21-14SF in my pocket. Last Tuesday, while playing an away game in Chapel Hill, I felt especially vulnerable. Sitting just a few rows behind me were a bunch of the boys from that school, and we were beating the dickens out of their girls team (10-1). They got more and more rowdy and starting shouting things like, "Break her neck!" or, "Break her arm!". I contemplated going out to my car and gearing up, but decided not to. It was a bad feeling knowing I wanted to, but also knowing I would be breaking a law that could get my CHL revoked.

All turned out well, even after the other team earned two red cards and one yellow card. There would have been more, but I think the ref got tired of writing all of the info in his little book.

RJ
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

Return to “Never Again!!”