done with optics planet

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 4

Re: done with optics planet

Post by Beiruty »

I am done with none-sense with Optics Planet, 3-weeks and my order did not ship yet. I am asking for cancellation of my order.

Ordered from "unknown name" e-retailer , Action Gear, today on March 9, 2012 and it was shipped same day! I paid a mere $8 more. :shock: :shock:
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Vandelay Ind.
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Vandelay Ind. »

I ordered a bailout bag on sale for $23 on 3/6 from http://www.lapolicegear.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It shipped from Cali the next day, was in Albuquerque at 1 today, and is supposed to be delivered Monday. I have no issues with that service. They have brands I like and have good sales every day. I will post Monday to confirm delivery
The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli -George Costanza

74novaman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 74novaman »

I've had good luck with lapolicegear in the past.
TANSTAAFL

Vandelay Ind.

Post by Vandelay Ind. »

Items delivered today as advertised.
The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli -George Costanza

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Beiruty »

Beiruty wrote:I am done with none-sense with Optics Planet, 3-weeks and my order did not ship yet. I am asking for cancellation of my order.

Ordered from "unknown name" e-retailer , Action Gear, today on March 9, 2012 and it was shipped same day! I paid a mere $8 more. :shock: :shock:
Was delivered today, that is in 3 days.

Now I have to order new holsters for the PX4SC with TLR-4! :smash: :smash:
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Toorop

Post by Toorop »

I have had good deals with Opticsplanet. I would give them another chance. They have some good deals sometimes.

AEA
Posts in topic: 5

Post by AEA »

Toorop wrote:I have had good deals with Opticsplanet. I would give them another chance. They have some good deals sometimes.
:smilelol5: :smilelol5: "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" :evil2: :evil2: :headscratch :grumble :eek6
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Topic author
aaangel

Post by aaangel »

Toorop wrote:I have had good deals with Opticsplanet. I would give them another chance. They have some good deals sometimes.
you're right! they do have some good deals sometimes..... but i do not like their style of showing it, "IN STOCK" then 24 hours later you get an email saying they've just ran out. i'll probably give them another chance.. but i'll call them first to make sure.
'got to Texas ASAIC.

rcasady
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rcasady »

yup , i had my first transaction go smooth a few years ago , but my last 2 were the same as some of yalls .....in stock !! NOT :mad5
and they had the same items listed on Amazon , then i find another store that looked strangely familiar , tacticalstore.com ?? made and order with
them .... in stock .. SIKE !! :mad5
OVER THEM

Don2

Post by Don2 »

GREAT...I just made an order with them and all items looked to be in stock, email from them said some of it was going to take 10 days because of backorders..!!!!!

I'm NOT happy....!!!!!

Wish I had read this post earlier. :rules:

oh well..its been 5 days and my card has not been charged yet?
I guess thats something??????

I was not in any hurry for anything from them, I just do not like to be deceived online or any place..!! :???:

thanks for the heads up..It will be my last order.
Should have stuck with Midway like I was..but the cheap side of me said to save $3 on the order...I guess i'm gonna SPEND it next time.........................

Don2

AEA

Post by AEA »

rcasady wrote:yup , i had my first transaction go smooth a few years ago , but my last 2 were the same as some of yalls .....in stock !! NOT :mad5
and they had the same items listed on Amazon , then i find another store that looked strangely familiar , tacticalstore.com ?? made and order with
them .... in stock .. SIKE !! :mad5
OVER THEM
Yep, tacticalstore.com is them too...... :banghead:

Maybe I'll get a few $9.99 domains and fix up some nice looking sites with things I know a lot of people will buy and sell things that I don't have....... :reddevil

I gotta find some brick & mortar store that has a big warehouse of small parts that I can go to and take some pictures to show on my sites as "My well stocked warehouse" :evil2:

Seems to be their business model. :mad5
1911's RULE!

mgood

Post by mgood »

I've ordered from Optics Planet three or four times, all within the past year or so. Never had any problems at all. Two Leupold rifle scopes, one Tasco spotting scope, and maybe something else, a small parts order or something. All were shipped quickly.

While waiting for my second order, I read some complaints, maybe here. I got a little worried, but so far so good.

Eriksatx

Post by Eriksatx »

I have had no issue. Ordered two blackhawk gun belts on a Wed, checked my order status online about an hour later noticed one my items was backordered. I called sales which was very helpful and they helped me find the same belt in a different variation and fixed my order. It got mailed out the next day on Thursday and it arrived on Sat with free shipping. Maybe I am use to shopping online but I hardly ever have any issues ordering stuff online, most of the time you can check the status of your order. I will continue to do business with them.

And to save frustration I heard you can live chat with them to ensure it is in stock before you order. Just an idea.
Sig Sauer P250sc 9mm
Sig Sauer SP2022 .40
In the works
Sig Sauer P226 9mm
Sig Sauer P220 .45

AEA

Post by AEA »

I have learned that to save frustration I spend my money elsewhere.
1911's RULE!

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

I had the same experience on my very first order, felt they were playing games with me, and cancelled it.....never placed another one.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Return to “Never Again!!”