Keith B wrote:To make sure it stays a happy place.
I'll be there tomorrow. I'm praying it stays a happy place and that no one breaks into my car.
CEOofEVIL wrote:I visited this park a few weeks ago. A few observations:
- Their website has a policy on weapons. Firearms, ammo, knives, and pepper spray are on it.
- Absolutely no 30.06 signs.
- No gun buster signs, or generic "no guns" signs either.
- They have metal detectors setup at the entrance.
- Park security officers (unarmed) were pretty sparse, and I only saw one uniformed SAPD Officer near the entrance of the park (a few feet from the metal detectors). I was at least hoping they would have a few more officers roaming the park.
Not knowing the situation, I locked my piece up in the car. I (sadly) went unarmed all day, as everything else I would have carried was on their "prohibited" list. While they don't have legal signs posted as per 30.06, I didn't feel like getting busted by the metal detector and trying to explain the circumstances. Oddly enough, a pro-gun buddy of mine (who carries, sometimes) regarding my criticism of the parks 'rules', said "Well think about it from the perspective of a mother taking her child to the park. You're there to have fun with your family". Funny... I see family as a reason to always go armed!
I'm kind of glad that I didn't carry - some of those coasters put the whooping on you, and having a full size handgun IWB woulda' really beat the snot out of me .
Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest