North Lake College Gun Drill....oooops...

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
PUCKER
Posts in topic: 1

North Lake College Gun Drill....oooops...

Post by PUCKER »

I know this is from around a month ago or so but my wife informed me of this just recently (been traveling for the last few weeks)...all I can say is WOW...this is BEYOND STUPID!! Searched and did not see it posted...

North Lake College students panic at sound of gunfire
http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dallas/N ... 61331.html

Another headline / link:
Texas Community College Shooter Rampage Drill Goes Awry
http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-communit ... Kpi1RwoBzA

A few key quotes:
"I was thinking about grabbing my chair and smashing out the window behind me to jump out the window," one student told ABC affiliate WFAA-TV in Dallas.

"We expected them to understand that there would be a demonstration portion and that they would advise their students," Drake said. "That kind of fell through."

DocV

Re: North Lake College Gun Drill....oooops...

Post by DocV »

Active shooter drill? What could possibly go wrong? :banghead:

ELB

Post by ELB »

This kind of stupidity has happened before. I can't find my own thread, but some time ago I posted about a couple different places held deliberately unannounced drills, taking hostages and whatnot, one of them (or maybe both, can't remember) in a hospital.

Some time someone will hold one of these unannounced or poorly coordinated drills and run into a sheepdog with a knife or a gun or both, and the outcome will be a lot worse than just some shook-up people.
USAF 1982-2005

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

I'm thinking that if campus carry does ever pass, they might really, really want to be sure their notification system works.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

jmorris wrote:I'm thinking that if campus carry does ever pass, they might really, really want to be sure their notification system works.
:iagree:

I think I heard that the police did notify the school, it's just that the school administrators either didn't pass along the memo, or they put it on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying “Beware of the Leopard”, or something.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

MikeStone

Post by MikeStone »

Dave2 wrote:
jmorris wrote:I'm thinking that if campus carry does ever pass, they might really, really want to be sure their notification system works.
:iagree:

I think I heard that the police did notify the school, it's just that the school administrators either didn't pass along the memo, or they put it on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying “Beware of the Leopard”, or something.
:tiphat: Excellent "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" reference!
"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Never Again!!”