Saw my first one tonight.

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Saw my first one tonight.

Post by RogueUSMC »

MAGAZINE...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

RossA
Banned
Posts in topic: 8

Post by RossA »

Ameer wrote:
jmra wrote:Until DPS starts sending a badge with the plastic, I ain't touching a badge with a 10 foot pole.
Has anybody posted the Sierra Madre clip yet?
Haven't seen that one.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Jaguar
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jaguar »

This one?

[youtube][/youtube]
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

Aaahhh, THAT video!

PSTL*PAKR

Post by PSTL*PAKR »

Nothing wrong with the badges....Ive ordered a gold one and a silver one.... :lol:
Took class 8/11/12 -Applied online/finger prints/mailed 8/15/12-Received in Austin 8/17/12-Background under review 8/31/12-
Background complete/mfg. pending 10/09/12--MFG 10/10/12-MAILED 10/11/12--Received 10/18/12!!!

bauer
Posts in topic: 6

Post by bauer »

I spotted my first one the other night at a BSA event. Couldn't help but stare at the mom wearing it on her belt. I know I had to have been obvious but I was in utter shock and disbelief that I finally spotted one in the wild.
R.I.P SSG Ward 6 Apr 2013
"Garry Owen"

ChoqPOC

Post by ChoqPOC »

What in the world did I just bump into with this thread. I had no idea these even existed...someone please enlighten me. Or don't. :banghead:
"Be so good, They can't ignore you"
CHL: May 2013 | NRA Member

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

If you don't know about these badges, then you won't go out and buy one. That's a good thing.

ChoqPOC

Post by ChoqPOC »

RossA wrote:If you don't know about these badges, then you won't go out and buy one. That's a good thing.
Haaaaaa! I saw the pictures posted earlier in this thread. I would never...ever...buy one. :headscratch
"Be so good, They can't ignore you"
CHL: May 2013 | NRA Member

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

bauer wrote:I spotted my first one the other night at a BSA event. Couldn't help but stare at the mom wearing it on her belt. I know I had to have been obvious but I was in utter shock and disbelief that I finally spotted one in the wild.

I would have to make a very smart comment if I saw one clipped on.

Carzan

Post by Carzan »

I like this one...
[youtube][/youtube]
Badges!?!?, We don't need no stinkin Badges!!!

bauer

Post by bauer »

texanjoker wrote:
bauer wrote:I spotted my first one the other night at a BSA event. Couldn't help but stare at the mom wearing it on her belt. I know I had to have been obvious but I was in utter shock and disbelief that I finally spotted one in the wild.

It occurred to me after the fact that Boy Scouts of America prohibits the carrying of firearms during BSA related events (I abide by this) unless the gun is to be used in a shooting sport, conducted by a NRA certified instructor (lets just say I also know who the only none LEO, NRA certified individual is ;-) ).
"Garry Owen"

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 10

Post by C-dub »

Carzan wrote:I like this one...
[youtube][/youtube]
Not the original, but a great and funny movie. Could not and would not be made today.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 10

Post by C-dub »

bauer wrote:
texanjoker wrote:

It occurred to me after the fact that Boy Scouts of America prohibits the carrying of firearms during BSA related events (I abide by this) unless the gun is to be used in a shooting sport, conducted by a NRA certified instructor (lets just say I also know who the only none LEO, NRA certified individual is ;-) ).
Do they post the proper signage or has there been proper notice otherwise?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

bauer

Post by bauer »

C-dub wrote:
bauer wrote:
Do they post the proper signage or has there been proper notice otherwise?
If you mean notice that carries the weight of the law, no. That wasn't my point though, I wasn't saying and never thought she was breaking the law by carrying at the BSA event if she in fact was. I do not agree with BSA "prohibiting" or discouraging parents from carrying while on campouts, hikes, events, etc. However, thats not my call. That being said I can't expect my kid to observe the Boy Scout code of conduct if I myself cannot follow their rules and regs, no matter how much I disagree with them. It makes even easier for me to leave my EDC in the car at meetings and at home on campouts since there are a couple of county deputies with kids in the troop.

As for the policy its printed in the parent handbook, scout handbook, as well as on their website. http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/hea ... gss07.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All that aside I still chuckled at the badge.

Found it
"Garry Owen"

Return to “Never Again!!”