Saw my first one tonight.

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

RossA
Banned
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Saw my first one tonight.

Post by RossA »

The Boy Scouts, once a training ground for the future men of our society, have become so politically correct that it's sickening.
But that's another thread.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Blitzkrieg
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Blitzkrieg »

No offense but those badges sure are goofy looking. I got a buddy who is into all that junk. He even has a border patrol badge, police surplus uniforms, and has sirens withs LED lights in his SUV. Not sure why he wants to pretend to be a cop so bad. I live in the deep south Texas (Rio Grande Valley), I don't think it would work too well in my favor if I was caught walking around with one of those badges. A drug cartel might mistaken me for an undercover cop or a cop might think I'm impersonating a LEO from a distance.

Because we have many home invasions down here where people dress like LEO's, there is a hefty price to pay if you are caught impersonating a LEO. I would rather not want to attract the extra unwanted attention. But that's just me. :woohoo

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 10

Post by C-dub »

bauer wrote:
C-dub wrote:
bauer wrote:
It occurred to me after the fact that Boy Scouts of America prohibits the carrying of firearms during BSA related events (I abide by this) unless the gun is to be used in a shooting sport, conducted by a NRA certified instructor (lets just say I also know who the only none LEO, NRA certified individual is ;-) ).
Do they post the proper signage or has there been proper notice otherwise?
If you mean notice that carries the weight of the law, no. That wasn't my point though, I wasn't saying and never thought she was breaking the law by carrying at the BSA event if she in fact was. I do not agree with BSA "prohibiting" or discouraging parents from carrying while on campouts, hikes, events, etc. However, thats not my call. That being said I can't expect my kid to observe the Boy Scout code of conduct if I myself cannot follow their rules and regs, no matter how much I disagree with them. It makes even easier for me to leave my EDC in the car at meetings and at home on campouts since there are a couple of county deputies with kids in the troop.

As for the policy its printed in the parent handbook, scout handbook, as well as on their website. http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/hea ... gss07.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All that aside I still chuckled at the badge.

Found it
[ Image ]
I'm not one of those "concealed is concealed" guys. I was only wondering if they had given proper legal notice somehow.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 10

Post by C-dub »

Blitzkrieg wrote:No offense but those badges sure are goofy looking. I got a buddy who is into all that junk. He even has a border patrol badge, police surplus uniforms, and has sirens withs LED lights in his SUV. Not sure why he wants to pretend to be a cop so bad. I live in the deep south Texas (Rio Grande Valley), I don't think it would work too well in my favor if I was caught walking around with one of those badges. A drug cartel might mistaken me for an undercover cop or a cop might think I'm impersonating a LEO from a distance.

Because we have many home invasions down here where people dress like LEO's, there is a hefty price to pay if you are caught impersonating a LEO. I would rather not want to attract the extra unwanted attention. But that's just me. :woohoo
That guys sounds like he might be missing a couple cards from his deck.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

kde71450

Post by kde71450 »

Even if Texas adopts Open Carry, I would still conceal carry. I am in favor of having open carry as an option. This badge seems to go against why someone would conceal carry in the first place. I thought the Phrase "ALWAYS CARRY, NEVER TELL" was a pretty smart credo.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

C-dub wrote:
Blitzkrieg wrote:No offense but those badges sure are goofy looking. I got a buddy who is into all that junk. He even has a border patrol badge, police surplus uniforms, and has sirens withs LED lights in his SUV. Not sure why he wants to pretend to be a cop so bad. I live in the deep south Texas (Rio Grande Valley), I don't think it would work too well in my favor if I was caught walking around with one of those badges. A drug cartel might mistaken me for an undercover cop or a cop might think I'm impersonating a LEO from a distance.

That guys sounds like he might be missing a couple cards from his deck.
Serious badge wannabe.....

schufflerbot

Post by schufflerbot »

LOL

I saw one in a case at my LGS a week or so ago and laughed to myself. It was only $29 and I honestly thought about buying it as a gag.

bauer
Posts in topic: 6

Post by bauer »

C-dub wrote: I'm not one of those "concealed is concealed" guys. I was only wondering if they had given proper legal notice somehow.
No, I understand where you were coming from.
R.I.P SSG Ward 6 Apr 2013
"Garry Owen"

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

I was out Saturday night. There was an older lady that was very proud of being a CHL holder. The more intoxicated she became the more she was bragged about it waving her CHL in the bar. I kept waiting for the badge to come out. I sure hope she wasn't packing.

HankHardisty

Post by HankHardisty »

I saw one of those in a gun shop. My eyesight is poor enough where I could not read his badge. However, I did see the empty holster. After he left the store, the proprietor started laughing and he asked me if I read the badge.....I wonder if these guys realise how foolish this behaviour is?

Paul's Shield

Post by Paul's Shield »

They never do. reminds me of those hard a@@es that know every single firearm in their retarded Call of Duty video games but can't get a real shot off. Unfortuately and embarrassingly, I have a couple of those fools in my family....my sisters kids. :shock: Where the he11 is that 'face palm' emoticon!!!!
"Just put that hammer down and give it h3ll" - Jerry Reid

jbarn

Post by jbarn »

Badges are soooo 2000's, you need one of these

Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

A guy like that is making a statement: "Hey, look at me. I'm a baaaad mammajamma." I wonder if his car has wig-wags.

Hey gigag, I've always meant to ask.... do these stupid badges open up the bearer to an impersonating an officer liability?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by VoiceofReason »

Zoo wrote:
Russell wrote:I might have called the police and reported someone impersonating a police officer.
That sounds like a good plan if someone wearing a police uniform tells you a public street is 51% and you can't carry.
Where did that come from? What did I miss?
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by VoiceofReason »

USGLOBALASSETS wrote:When I took my Nra classes we shot at a range owned by another instructor. He was CHL/NRA instructor. Two mags, cuffs, pistol, two Cell phone, and a CHL INSTRUCTOR badge. Wish I had a pic. Wonder if he could have fit anything else on that belt. :lol:
cuffs?????
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

Return to “Never Again!!”