Spider senses tingling, Don't ignore them

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
suthdj
Posts in topic: 3

Spider senses tingling, Don't ignore them

Post by suthdj »

Couple days ago I was driving my kid to his school/day care when I pulled into the turn lane there was 2 vehicles in front of me I though "Oh busy morning(6:50am) I am normally the first one there waiting for the doors to open. So we pull across the road and just as I get to the entrance the other cars stop/slow leaving me in the road then one banks left into a parking lot and the other banks right I think hmm strange they must be lost... I drive to the back corner of the plaza where the school is at pull up to the door and wait. Along comes the white vehicle pulls in and drives around the parking lot leaves and parks in an adjoining company lot the other gray/silver vehicle come up from another way during this and park in the same place but not together with other car they both kill the lights and stay in the cars. This is where I am getting more suspicious. So along comes 7:00 and I get out of my car stopping in the opening to stare at the vehicles for a bit just so they know somebody is watching, get my kid and drop him off and head to my car gave another short stare and left this whole time feeling uneasy(Spidey senses). I left there feeling very uneasy not a good feeling as a parent. I forced my self to ignore my paranoid thoughts and get to work. A couple hours later I get an informational email from the school warning parents not to leave valuable in the cars that are unlocked and sometimes running. It turns out a few minutes after I left those 2 vehicles 1 as recon/look out the other as actor went in the ladies car and took the purse.

Moral of the story, don't ignore that which seems out of place.

I asked the director if anybody carries and of course no as they could lose their license.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

A-R
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Spider senses tingling, Don't ignore them

Post by A-R »

These vehicle thefts have been reported at my child's preschool as well.

1. Keep your gun LOCKED inside your vehicle (preferably in a lockbox in addition to locked doors)

2. Another great reason CHL should be allowed in schools ... I wonder if these thieves are looking for more than purses.

Topic author
suthdj

Post by suthdj »

A-R wrote:These vehicle thefts have been reported at my child's preschool as well.

1. Keep your gun LOCKED inside your vehicle (preferably in a lockbox in addition to locked doors)

2. Another great reason CHL should be allowed in schools ... I wonder if these thieves are looking for more than purses.

For me it seems like allot of effort for a purse, or maybe an address for a nice home to rob, not sure yet time will tell.
21-Apr-09 filed online

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

suthdj wrote:
A-R wrote:These vehicle thefts have been reported at my child's preschool as well.

For me it seems like allot of effort for a purse, or maybe an address for a nice home to rob, not sure yet time will tell.
Credit Cards and an address where there probably isn't anyone home.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Lupine

Post by Lupine »

When they hit my wife's car they tried to use the garage door opener. Found it and other items in the road. Thankfully I had disabled it long before.
Lupine
Taurus 709
Colt 1911
2/13/12 - Plastic in hand
29 days from class til plastic

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

suthdj wrote: Moral of the story, don't ignore that which seems out of place.
In a case like this, calling the local cops to request they check out a couple of cars acting suspiciously around a day-care might have helped to prevent the auto-burglary. For the 'in case it happens again' file.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Topic author
suthdj

Post by suthdj »

n5wd wrote:
suthdj wrote: Moral of the story, don't ignore that which seems out of place.
In a case like this, calling the local cops to request they check out a couple of cars acting suspiciously around a day-care might have helped to prevent the auto-burglary. For the 'in case it happens again' file.

yep hind sight being what it is I keep kicking myself for ignoring my gut.
21-Apr-09 filed online

rotor

Post by rotor »

This is where I find a smart phone very valuable. I photograph the car and license plates if possibel.

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

rotor wrote:This is where I find a smart phone very valuable. I photograph the car and license plates if possibel.
Smart phones have really changed our society.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

RX8er
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RX8er »

The_Busy_Mom's truck was broken in to as well, however it happened in our driveway. She never leaves her truck unlocked and in this case, one of the kids forgot to lock it back after getting something out. We caught it on our outside camera.

Here is what I typed on the youtube:
The wife's truck was broken in to last night. They managed to get away with her back pack containing DL, credit cards, SS card, checks and glasses.... In this day and age it's your whole life in a bag. Much work today trying to get everything closed and secured. Tonight, she got a call from Ofc. Garrett from the Rhome PD. The officer pulled over a car and her stuff, along with about 5 other IDs were in the car. Off to jail you bastard! Here's the video as caught from our outdoor camera. You see a car drive up, drop 2 off (out of view) and then pick them up at the bottom of the street. I've combined three separate files into one for viewing.
Two of the guys were adults and charged in Rhome and Fort Wort. One was a minor and they wouldn't tell me what was done to him. They were ultimately caught by a concerned neighborhood watch citizen.

[youtube][/youtube]
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.
If guns kill people, do pens misspell words?
I like options: Sig Sauer | DPMS | Springfield Armory | Glock | Beretta

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

staring doesn't help. writing down their license plates help.

jmra

Post by jmra »

RX8er wrote:The_Busy_Mom's truck was broken in to as well, however it happened in our driveway. She never leaves her truck unlocked and in this case, one of the kids forgot to lock it back after getting something out. We caught it on our outside camera.

Here is what I typed on the youtube:
The wife's truck was broken in to last night. They managed to get away with her back pack containing DL, credit cards, SS card, checks and glasses.... In this day and age it's your whole life in a bag. Much work today trying to get everything closed and secured. Tonight, she got a call from Ofc. Garrett from the Rhome PD. The officer pulled over a car and her stuff, along with about 5 other IDs were in the car. Off to jail you bastard! Here's the video as caught from our outdoor camera. You see a car drive up, drop 2 off (out of view) and then pick them up at the bottom of the street. I've combined three separate files into one for viewing.
Two of the guys were adults and charged in Rhome and Fort Wort. One was a minor and they wouldn't tell me what was done to him. They were ultimately caught by a concerned neighborhood watch citizen.

[youtube][/youtube]
Based on your post it sounds like the door was locked. How did he gain access so quickly?
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

RX8er
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RX8er »

jmra wrote:Based on your post it sounds like the door was locked. How did he gain access so quickly?
The doors are always locked. In this case, one of our younger kids left something in the truck. Asked The_Busy_Mom while she was cooking dinner if the item could be retrieved. Mom was busy so she said to go grab her keys and push the button to unlock it and go get what ever it was. The truck got left unlocked that night and that is all it took. Now, it is just habit to push the lock button on the remote at bed time.
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.
If guns kill people, do pens misspell words?
I like options: Sig Sauer | DPMS | Springfield Armory | Glock | Beretta

jmra

Post by jmra »

RX8er wrote:
jmra wrote:Based on your post it sounds like the door was locked. How did he gain access so quickly?
The doors are always locked. In this case, one of our younger kids left something in the truck. Asked The_Busy_Mom while she was cooking dinner if the item could be retrieved. Mom was busy so she said to go grab her keys and push the button to unlock it and go get what ever it was. The truck got left unlocked that night and that is all it took. Now, it is just habit to push the lock button on the remote at bed time.
Gotcha. I'm in the habit of checking he garage doors for the same reason. Boys will go outside for something and not hit the button to close the garage door when they come back in. I've found the garage doors left open all night on more than one occasion.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Schools get hit all the time. People leave their purses, laptops, ect on the front seat. It is like wally world for the crooks.

Return to “Never Again!!”