Thoughts on the validity of the Sandy Hook shooting

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

92f-fan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Thoughts on the validity of the Sandy Hook shooting

Post by 92f-fan »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Someone sent me an email from infowars claiming Sandy Hook never happened. I found it disgusting. We are not going to promote anything remotely close to that garbage. Was the reporting inaccurate? You bet, it always is in these types of events. Sometimes it's intentional, sometimes it sloppy reporting, and sometimes it's honest mistakes. Sandy Hook was probably a mixture of all of these factors.

Chas.
Interestingly I received a similar email -
mine from VoiceOfFreedom@Inter.net ( really from ds-48033.ds-10.com )
No idea how they got my address ..
Where would they be culling Gun Enthusiast email addresses ?

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 3

Post by baldeagle »

VMI77 wrote:
baldeagle wrote:
K.Mooneyham wrote:There have been many items surrounding the heinous act committed at Sandy Hook Elem. that just don't seem right; most of that I attribute to the media and their agenda. However, the one item that distinctly bothers me is that Robby Parker guy...I'm sorry, call me names, but I'm pretty sure if something terrible happened to one of my kids, i just wouldn't be smiling and grinning and THEN turn on some distressed look for the camera...if I had to guess how I might react to something so horrible, I'd say I would likely alternate between VERY sad and VERY angry, certainly the day of...yeah, I don't know what's going through that guy's mind...but it sure doesn't seem right. :headscratch
No one can possibly know how they will react to a given situation until they experience it. Trust me. I know from personal experience. We do people a disservice when we assume that they would react exactly the same way that we think we would in a given situation when we have no way of knowing that for a fact. Unless you've lost a child in a mass shooting, you only think you know how you would react.

Or as the old aphorism goes, Never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
I take it you've seen the interview referred to? It's bizarre, not because of the joking and smiling, but because his change in emotions is so obviously forced.
Yes, I've seen it. I didn't think the emotions were forced. When you've been confronted with an unthinkable tragedy that affects you personally, you go through a range of emotions far beyond what others do during a "normal" loss. It's not all unusual to laugh, cry, scream and not react at all based on the inputs you're getting and your emotional state at the moment.

I think we humans are far too judgmental of others. What really frightens me is when police detectives use those unusual reactions as a basis to decide a person must have been involved with the crime they're investigating. Sometimes it's true, but sometimes it's not.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

terryg

Post by terryg »

baldeagle wrote:Yes, I've seen it. I didn't think the emotions were forced. When you've been confronted with an unthinkable tragedy that affects you personally, you go through a range of emotions far beyond what others do during a "normal" loss. It's not all unusual to laugh, cry, scream and not react at all based on the inputs you're getting and your emotional state at the moment.

I think we humans are far too judgmental of others. What really frightens me is when police detectives use those unusual reactions as a basis to decide a person must have been involved with the crime they're investigating. Sometimes it's true, but sometimes it's not.
:iagree:

This is it exactly. When one suffers of loss of this magnitude - there is no script to follow on how to survive from one minute to the next.

You are at times amazed at the things/tasks you are able to do. You are at also at times surprised by the simple things you are unable to do.

I promise you that one day after his daughter was killed there is absolutely nothing functioning normally in his head. He was sleep deprived and what little sleep he may have gotten is populated with moments of terror and despair.

There are bouts of despair and agony that are so physically painful and seemingly unending that you pray for some relief which may or may not come. And then there are moments when you have cried so much you simply feel as if you have no tears left. Those moments can be separated by mere milliseconds and the emotional shift can be dramatic.

You survive by taking the next breath and doing what is set in front of you to do.

I don't think he was consciously steeling himself up preparing for the interview, but I think he was merely doing each task that was before him to do. That functional part of your mind takes over for a short while. And so just moments before the interview, his task before him was to conduct the interview. Then once the interview process began, his task before was to talk about his daughter which gave free reign to the part of the brain most impacted by the trauma and thus the emotions cannot be contained.

I am sorry, but find it offensive that people are judging him based upon his state being erratic. Of course he was erratic - that comes when you lose a child.

People who have children think they know how painful it would be to lose a child. And, by and large, I think they actually do have a pretty good idea - any parent can imagine what that emptiness would be like. But what one cannot do, is imagine what the grieving process would be like. It is simply unfathomable unless you have been there.
Last edited by terryg on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... this space intentionally left blank ...

kragluver

Post by kragluver »

I read a book that dealt with this once. I forget the title (it was loaned to me), but it was written by a former FBI profiler. It dealt with high profile, often unsolved murder cases. The author stated exactly as you did (above) about how we just cannot judge how a parent that has lost a child will react. In fact, it is those strange reactions that will oftentimes lead investigators to suspect a parent in the murder of the child (obviously not the case here). Two of his examples he mentioned were the Lindbergh kidnapping/murder and the Jon Benet Ramsey murder. In both of those cases, the fathers acted very strangely (sudden mood swings, etc) around the press and investigators and they were looked at very critically. The author stated just as others have said above - you simply cannot say how anyone including yourself would react to a shocking loss of this magnitude.

The Krag rifle is the Swiss watch of MILSURPS.
NRA Member
TSRA Member

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

92f-fan wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:Someone sent me an email from infowars claiming Sandy Hook never happened. I found it disgusting. We are not going to promote anything remotely close to that garbage. Was the reporting inaccurate? You bet, it always is in these types of events. Sometimes it's intentional, sometimes it sloppy reporting, and sometimes it's honest mistakes. Sandy Hook was probably a mixture of all of these factors.

Chas.
Interestingly I received a similar email -
mine from VoiceOfFreedom@Inter.net ( really from ds-48033.ds-10.com )
No idea how they got my address ..
Where would they be culling Gun Enthusiast email addresses ?
I stand corrected; it was VoiceOfFreedom.

Chas.

Creep

Post by Creep »

I watched about 5 minutes of it but my phone is dying and can't waste battery. One HUGE piece of 'evidence' that video got wrong was the alleged footage of police retrieving Lanza's AR-15 from the trunk of his car which they claim he didn't use. You can see the police pulling a charging handle back on the SIDE of it, where as the AR-15 has it on the rear upper receiver. It also has an AKish looking profile leading me to believe it was in fact the Saiga-12 the news reported he left in his car. The officer also appears to clear it awkwardly and rotating it around a lot, indicating it is a weapon he is unfamiliar with. Video seems bogus after that.

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

Devastating loss does strange things to people. I learned as a child that when people lose those they love the most predictable person becomes entirely unpredictable. When a parent loses a child even more so. Nothing would surprise me there.

Now are there inconsistencies in the reporting, certainly. However I just see some of it as shoddy journalistic work, and some of it as predatory "lets spin this the best way we can for our political point of view". Madmen do mad things. Oftentimes medication makes it worse not better. Sadly there was no one there to put a stop to his madness. Heaven help us all, this world is a crazy place.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

sunny beach
Banned

Post by sunny beach »

After the complete lack of remorse or any sign of guilt over the fast and furious murders, I wouldn't be surprised to find out the same loathsome conspirators had a hand in this.

VMI77
Posts in topic: 4

Post by VMI77 »

baldeagle wrote:
VMI77 wrote:
baldeagle wrote:
K.Mooneyham wrote:There have been many items surrounding the heinous act committed at Sandy Hook Elem. that just don't seem right; most of that I attribute to the media and their agenda. However, the one item that distinctly bothers me is that Robby Parker guy...I'm sorry, call me names, but I'm pretty sure if something terrible happened to one of my kids, i just wouldn't be smiling and grinning and THEN turn on some distressed look for the camera...if I had to guess how I might react to something so horrible, I'd say I would likely alternate between VERY sad and VERY angry, certainly the day of...yeah, I don't know what's going through that guy's mind...but it sure doesn't seem right. :headscratch
No one can possibly know how they will react to a given situation until they experience it. Trust me. I know from personal experience. We do people a disservice when we assume that they would react exactly the same way that we think we would in a given situation when we have no way of knowing that for a fact. Unless you've lost a child in a mass shooting, you only think you know how you would react.

Or as the old aphorism goes, Never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
I take it you've seen the interview referred to? It's bizarre, not because of the joking and smiling, but because his change in emotions is so obviously forced.
Yes, I've seen it. I didn't think the emotions were forced. When you've been confronted with an unthinkable tragedy that affects you personally, you go through a range of emotions far beyond what others do during a "normal" loss. It's not all unusual to laugh, cry, scream and not react at all based on the inputs you're getting and your emotional state at the moment.

Here I have to disagree. I think experienced police officers have had enough contact with enough people that most of the time they can tell the difference between acting and reality. Yes, there are outliers in behavior, and they can and do get it wrong at times, but I think after awhile, an experienced detective can spot the liars and the fakes most of the time. I'm not saying that everyone's response is predictable, but that certain responses can often be correlated with deception.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Topic author
Fangs

Post by Fangs »

I threw this out here as an attempt to get y'all's opinion... not to claim there was no tragedy.

What bothers me the most is the aerial footage that shows them tackling a guy in the woods, and shows everyone else wandering around nonchalantly along with the charity Facebook pages for the kids who weren't reported dead yet.

To me that reeks of shoddy government conspiracy... along with the girl who was dead, but wasn't.

I think this video brings up valid points while stretching for crazy conspiracy on others.
"When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden. The one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream." - speedsix

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

We live in some veeeery interesting times.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I can't imagine anyone saying the Sandy Hook tragedy did not take place. In my opinion, that is complete and utter non-sense that dances near the line of being evil in and of itself. (other words come to mind but I'll leave it at that.)

Now what may be up for debate, clarification, discussion or speculation is if there were others involved with the planning and what was the true motivation behind the massacre.

Trying to deny it happened is as obsurd as saying the Holocaust did not happen.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

BHill

Post by BHill »

In this day and time where information and images can be manufactured easily it's difficult to discern the truth about many matters. It is even harder when the subject matter is this intense. I believe a majority of the conflicting information is a byproduct of the confusion of the event.
NRA Life Member

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I'm glad no one was watching me and my bride a few days after my son's funeral. They'd have seen us sitting on the couch laughing and joking. What!? What kind of parents are we?! We were watching Briscoe County Jr, my son's favorite TV program, that we had watched and enjoyed with him during his fight with cancer. Remembering earlier laughs, earlier jokes, things we would never be able to do again. The thought that someone would state that we were actors or that we hadn't lost our son because we were obviously not mourning him is beyond my ability to comprehend. Shame on those who use such a tradgedy to promote a political position or for personal aggrandizement.

packa45

Post by packa45 »

Andrew wrote:I'm glad no one was watching me and my bride a few days after my son's funeral. They'd have seen us sitting on the couch laughing and joking. What!? What kind of parents are we?! We were watching Briscoe County Jr, my son's favorite TV program, that we had watched and enjoyed with him during his fight with cancer. Remembering earlier laughs, earlier jokes, things we would never be able to do again. The thought that someone would state that we were actors or that we hadn't lost our son because we were obviously not mourning him is beyond my ability to comprehend. Shame on those who use such a tradgedy to promote a political position or for personal aggrandizement.
Similar reaction with me and some of my family members at a funeral. More specifically the graveside service.
My father and I along with my uncle and cousin and 2 other relatives were pallbearers for the funeral of my great uncle. We removed the casket from the hearse and were carrying it to the grave, when my uncle saw this huge oak tree literally 5 feet away from the gravesite. He just bluntly stated "is it too late to go back to the shop and get some tools to keep him busy?"
We all started laughing...I'm not talking about a little chuckle we were laughing so hard we started crying. His widow pulled all of us off to the side at the house (actually into the woodshop) about an hour after the service and :rules: "read us the riot act"... And we all pointed at my uncle and said "he did it" when he told her she just about died laughing...

Just goes to show how different people deal with death ...after the funeral our family has a party...not wallowing in the tears of sorrow that a person is gone...but celebrating the joy they brought into our lives. Granted he died of a heart attack and not because a psycho with a fun shot up a school, or a shopping mall but we loved him and he was no longer around.

Anything I read or see on info wars and many of the other conspiracy shows I take with a grain of salt because they throw information that is out there and take it to the far end of the spectrum. Was the media wrong when they started plastering their initial reports out there... Yes have the reports evolved several times as more information has been found... Yes
Do I think the government brainwashed Adam Lanza and had him go on a killing spree... No but there are a few things that I've read and seen that make me think that someone else knew this was going to happen before it happened or assisted him.
Chl class for me and wife=$225. Chl application fees =$280. Chl gear for 2=more $ the previous. Moving from sheep to sheepdog = priceless

Return to “Never Again!!”