Coworker 2, BGs 0

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 3

Coworker 2, BGs 0

Post by MadMonkey »

One of my coworkers just returned to Afghanistan from RnR in the States... to protect his privacy I won't even say which state (not TX, but another gun-friendly one).

He was asleep with his wife in his house, when he was awakened by his front screen door being wrenched open. He then heard voices, and didn't recognize either of them. By this time he was out of bed. He handed his rifle to his wife and instructed her to stay behind the bed and shoot anyone that came through the bedroom door, while he grabbed his 9mm XDS and left the room. He saw two men in his living room, with their backs to him. They were making fun of his movie collection "rlol" He then spotted a handgun in one of their hands and opened fire. He fired 7 rounds, killing both men, then returned to his wife.

The police arrived, took all of his weapons then returned them on site once they had the story. No charges were filed. He's a little leery (understandably) of being over here while his wife is home alone now, but he's doing great.

I'm proud of him :thumbs2: I would have checked to make sure both guys were out of commission before returning to the bedroom, but otherwise he did a good job IMHO.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

SRH78
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Coworker 2, BGs 0

Post by SRH78 »

Good to hear it turned out well.

Seabear

Post by Seabear »

I bet he "knew" they were out of commission. :patriot:
Carry safe and carry when and where you can. I'm just sayin'.

Scott in Houston

Post by Scott in Houston »

Even if he didn't know, he could at least retreat, do a tactical reload, and have the drop on them if any were stupid enough to pursue... I can't imagine they'd pursue after having 7 rounds fired their way!

JJVP
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JJVP »

He fired 7 rounds, killing both men, then returned to his wife.
Great, more ammunition, pun not intended, for the Bloombergs of the world. I can just hear them saying "See, we told, you don't need more than 7 rounds". :rules:
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

JJVP wrote:
Great, more ammunition, pun not intended, for the Bloombergs of the world. I can just hear them saying "See, we told, you don't need more than 7 rounds". :rules:
Yeah, but he's a trained killer. We simple civilians would need at least twice that many. Even the police only hit 25% of the time.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

A-R

Post by A-R »

Most amazing part of this story is he had a 9mm XDS ... how did he get one do quickly? :biggrinjester:

But seriously, kudos to your buddy. And prayers for he and his wife

:patriot:

:txflag:

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

Splendid! If we keep this up, we'll snuff out recidivism eventually, whereupon gun violence will go down to almost nothing.

Did you wonder how many of the 900 gun deaths cited by Obama this morning were BGs killed in pursuit of their profession?
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Topic author
MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

A-R wrote:Most amazing part of this story is he had a 9mm XDS ... how did he get one do quickly? :biggrinjester:

But seriously, kudos to your buddy. And prayers for he and his wife

:patriot:

:txflag:
He might have meant XDm, I dunno :lol:
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

fickman

Post by fickman »

Nicely done.
Native Texian

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

baldeagle wrote:
JJVP wrote:
Yeah, but he's a trained killer. We simple civilians would need at least twice that many. Even the police only hit 25% of the time.
.MIL averages 50k rounds expended to kill or wound 1 enemy combatant.

Apple to oranges, I realize, but interesting nonetheless.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

JJVP

Post by JJVP »

gigag04 wrote:
baldeagle wrote:
JJVP wrote:
.MIL averages 50k rounds expended to kill or wound 1 enemy combatant.

Apple to oranges, I realize, but interesting nonetheless.
Interesting stat. Source?
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

baldeagle wrote:
JJVP wrote:
And some only hit bystanders <cough>NYPD</cough>

fickman

Post by fickman »

In cases like this, the BG's insurance or estate should pay for carpet cleaning and drywall repair. (I know, I know.... the odds of him having any insurance or estate are slim to none.)
Native Texian

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

One of my coworkers just returned to Afghanistan from RnR in the States... to protect his privacy I won't even say which state (not TX, but another gun-friendly one).
If there are public news reports of this incident, how do you feel about publishing a link to the story? They are (obviously) already public information.

If you do not feel comfortable publishing a link, have you personally verified his story via public news sources? I'd have to believe that 2 BG's killed would make the news somewhere.

I am not saying bull to the account, I just have a Ronald Reagan mindset: "trust, but verify".
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Return to “Never Again!!”