Motorcycle Accident

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ajwakeboarder
Posts in topic: 7

Motorcycle Accident

Post by ajwakeboarder »

Well, the inevitable happened today. I got in my first motorcycle accident. I hit some gravel on a corner and the front wheel washed out. I was wearing full protective gear so i'm ok. However, I think i might have broken or dislocated my right thumb. I'm hoping it's just bruised or jammed, but i'm not sure. I can't use it right now. If it doesn't get better by tomorrow, i'm going to go to the range and get some practice shooting in with my left hand. It hurt my pride more than anything :oops:
Last edited by ajwakeboarder on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

v-rog
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Motorcycle Accident

Post by v-rog »

My condolences. Most of us have been there...once...twice...ok, you get the point.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Remember 31 Connollystraße & Benghazi
Faith Under Fire ISBN# 9780307408815

Topic author
ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

Thanks, yeah, i knew it would happen eventually. That's why I always wear my gear. The bike's in pretty good shape. The frame slider took the brunt of the fall. The fairings are a little scratched and the end of the handlebar are a little scuffed. Other than that, it's fine.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt cut off of me. Heck of a thing, isn't it? One second you're up, the next you're down. And once you're down, everything goes slow-mo until you come to a stop.

Glad you're OK.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

Glad you are OK. Get the thumb checked out soonest. 10 or 20 years from now you'll wish you had...
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

v-rog

Post by v-rog »

ajwakeboarder wrote:Thanks, yeah, i knew it would happen eventually. That's why I always wear my gear. The bike's in pretty good shape. The frame slider took the brunt of the fall. The fairings are a little scratched and the end of the handlebar are a little scuffed. Other than that, it's fine.
What hurt me the most in my last wreck, was that the bike was damaged/ totaled! I was OK with a torn ACL & MCL.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Remember 31 Connollystraße & Benghazi
Faith Under Fire ISBN# 9780307408815

DocV

Post by DocV »

Ouch. Also been down that road. My bones still remind me of it the weather gets cold. Heal up and go
:fire :fire :fire :fire

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Glad it wasn't worse. The downside to riding a bike is that you will go down. How is the bike?

Topic author
ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

texanjoker wrote:Glad it wasn't worse. The downside to riding a bike is that you will go down. How is the bike?
The bike's good. It flooded when it went down, but i just went and got it restarted. I'm gonna have to leave it where it is right now. I cant ride with the way my thumb is hurting, but at least now I know all my protective gear does what it's supposed to.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Where is it? If its close ill ride it back or we can trailer it.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

thatguy

Post by thatguy »

As they say there are the riders who have been down and those that will go down...get you thumb checked out ASAP and thank God it wasn't worse.
In the endless pursuit of perfection, we may achieve excellence.

Texas LTC and School Safety Instructor and NRA Training Counselor

Topic author
ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

gigag04 wrote:Where is it? If its close ill ride it back or we can trailer it.
Thanks Gigag, but It's fine where it is. It's in my schools parking lot right next to the police station. My friend and i are going to go get it this weekend. I appreciate it though.
thatguy wrote:As they say there are the riders who have been down and those that will go down...get you thumb checked out ASAP and thank God it wasn't worse.
I will and I do. It was a good lesson. I almost didn't wear my riding jacket today. Now i'm really glad I did.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

karder

Post by karder »

Glad you're ok. I have been in two motorcycle accidents in my life and I am hoping the last one was the last one. Get better.
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

JJVP

Post by JJVP »

ajwakeboarder wrote:Well, the inevitable happened today. I got in my first motorcycle accident. I hit some gravel on a corner and the front wheel washed out. I was wearing full protective gear so i'm ok. However, I think i might have broken or dislocated my right thumb. I'm hoping it's just bruised or jammed, but i'm not sure. I can't use it right now. If it doesn't get better by tomorrow, i'm going to go to the range and get some practice shooting in with my left hand. It hurt my pride more than anything :oops:
I think a trip to the doctor might be more important. But that's just me. :tiphat:
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

PBratton wrote:Glad you are OK. Get the thumb checked out soonest. 10 or 20 years from now you'll wish you had...
:iagree: You beat me to it. That's exactly what went through my mind when I read the part about the injured thumb.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Never Again!!”