Fla: Conceal Carry Holder Arrested for Incidental Exposure

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Fla: Conceal Carry Holder Arrested for Incidental Exposu

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Yep, everything was recorded...

Language by the officer was attrocious, the PERMIT HOLDER complied with the officers instructions, and the passenger/spouse did the same thing...

Something inexcusable obviously kept this employee from connecting the dots in this case...This was a situation that had no chance to get out of control, from the standpoint of the citizen...But it could have gotten MORE out of control from the inability of this officer to comprehend what was actually happening...

Lessons learned, never get out of the vehicle unless instructed to do so...

Officers in states where CCW laws exist need to be trained to the point of nauseum in the fact that there are citizens out there who jump through hoops to obtain these permission slips to carry a firearm for alwful self-defensive purposes, more and more are added to the ranks everyday...And that their chance of coming into contact with one or more is very likely in the performance of their duties...So get over that fact!!!

There used to be a point in our discussions in the past where WE were very cautious about our actions and conduct when confronted with law enforcement...

I believe now that times have changed, where there are increasing numbers of peopple like us, that the burden to conduct yourself in a mature, CALM manner is now on law enforcement!!! Period...This officer failed that miserably...

At least the camera and recording of the contact was there along with a witness to the language and demeanor of that officer could be confirmed...

I have tremendous respect for ALL law enforcement and fully understand the crap they have to put up with everyday, from all sorts of scum on the streets, but this officers conduct is inexcusable!!!
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Conceal Carry Holder Arrested for Incidental Exposure

Post by stevie_d_64 »

gigag04 wrote:I'll be showing this video in our shift briefing for discussion.
Was there much discussion??? ;-)

I am extemely confident that your shift went well after that brief... :thumbs2:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

RiderDean
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RiderDean »

Is there any update on this? Official charges? Officer put on leave? etc?

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

So we are in agreement that the victim followed the laws in his state right? (as far as notifying the LEO or not)
And that He was doing so calmly and without cause for alarm.. right?

So Id ask that we STOP applying Texas law and good tips for a stop HERE, and look at this from a Florida perspective.

The Guy followed the FL law, the Guy followed the LEO's orders...

Sure if he had without lawful requirement informed the LEO he had a permit and weapon things MIGHT have gone differently, or might not have.
If he had not had a weapon at all it might have gone differently.
If he had left it in a secure box, unloaded, in the back it might have gone differently..

But the point is.. he was following both the law and the LEOs orders...and still this happened.. Yes it started with whatever RS or PC the LEO had for the stop and got worse with what appears to be an unintentional unconceal of a weapon by a permit holder. But to BLAME this event on the permit holder, is akin to blaming a rape victim that went to the club at night, had a few drinks, wore a short dress.. and then was raped on the way home...

At the same time I understand, the victim has some responsibility.. he did after all choose to legally carry a gun.. had he not, this video never would have happened. And he did fail to conceal, that also is his responsibility.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

bigbang

Post by bigbang »

E.Marquez wrote: At the same time I understand, the victim has some responsibility.. he did after all choose to legally carry a gun.. had he not, this video never would have happened. And he did fail to conceal, that also is his responsibility.
:iagree:

It's like someone in China who speaks gainst the government or a Jew who wouldn't renounce their faith during the inquisition. If they didn't exercise those human rights, they wouldn't have so much trouble with the authorities.
This is a Glock 40. Fifty Cent. Too Short. All of them talk about a Glock 40. OK?
I'm the only one in this forum fool enough - that I know of - to shoot himself with a Glock 40.

carrydave

Post by carrydave »

its a shame you have to be so careful during LEO encounters, but i blame the bad guys for it not the police.

they just want to get home to their kids.

i will acknowlage a few bad apples of course. for that i blame whomever hired them.

rotor

Post by rotor »

To paraphrase, "I am going to shoot you in the back" the officer said. Later in the video he starts calling the tag violater "sir". An unprofessional officer poorly handling a minor violation in a state where it apparently is not a crime to accidentally "show". At least it became public and on Youtube. I wonder what happened to the cop. We all understand the risks that police go through, especially with the recent shooting of a police officer in the head and the chest (fortunately wearing armor) in that Colorado killing nabbing the guy here in Texas. I do not believe Florida law allows the officer to arrest this cooperative suspect because he accidentally "showed". Thanks for sharing this video.

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Well this piece of work :mad5 Leo get trained or canned.
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Pacifist

Post by Pacifist »

"Gee, officer, first day solo?"

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

I watched the video of the stop out of Canton, OH. Reference: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you're going to watch, start it at about 4 minutes in. This guy makes FL look like top notice service.

What's worse is this officer had a partner that allowed that type of behavior... If you search, you can find the officer involved in other over-the-top language incidents.

This OH officer was fired, but later had his job returned to him. Compared to this guy, the officer in FL really has it together. I guess I'm getting desensitized to the abuse.

These guys are examples of why traffic stops scare me. Wonder what would have happened back before video recordings? I've got a pretty clear idea.

chuckybrown
Banned

Post by chuckybrown »

The cop is a complete tool. Period. End of story.

A Schumer lap dog. Right anygunanywhere?
Chuckybrown

Pecos

Post by Pecos »

I carry my wallet in my vest pocket when Im driving or shirt pocket so I dont have to reach back if stopped by a LEO. I plan to have my license ready with DL before the LEO approches & keep my hand on the wheel. I know every situation will be different but using common sense works for me. :biggrinjester:
The first thing an office does is ask for DLlicense.
Never know when you will get stopped for a tail light of Lic plate light out....etc
Sig AR 516 + Vortex PST Scope

Return to “Never Again!!”