So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Gungirl
Posts in topic: 3

Outed at work!

Post by Gungirl »

Ok I think I have calmed down enough to write about this... :???:

I am a florist and the night before valentines we had a customer who was giving me a hard time( good naturedky) so I said " you are taking your life into your own hands messing with a florist during valentines!" Shook my finger at him, smiled and went back to my design counter to work. I then hear one of my girls telling that customer that he better be careful because I am packing heat, then proceeds to explain that I got my CHL and always carry! :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 It was all I could do to not run out there and beat her senseless ( I take that back...she is already senseless! :banghead: ). I figured rushing out there would not improve the situation so I fumed and stayed put until the customer had left and she came back into the back room... I said we need to talk and I took her to the back and explained how many ways it wrong to do that :eek6 she just did not get it and tried to argue with me! I expresses that it did not matter if she agreed, she was never to do it again. Thankfully the customer did not take it as threat and nothing further came if it.

My work is pro- gun and my boss is pro-carry. So we talked about my process of chl while working, it was not a big secret. We are a small tight nit group, with one nitwit. I knew she had judgement issues prior to my carrying, so I should have taken that into account when choosing who to tell. But it can not be undone.
CHL packet sent 11-21-12, CHL license received 1-19-13
XDs 45. Mossberg 500

jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Outed at work!

Post by jmra »

Gungirl wrote:...it can not be undone.
Many times in my life I have wished this weren't true. Learn from it and move on.
Sounds like the nitwit just needs some redirection. Keep a ball of yarn handy.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

The guy who figures out how to make a control-Z button for real life will make a mint.

JJVP

Post by JJVP »

Gungirl wrote:But it can not be undone.
[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

BigGuy wrote:The guy who figures out how to make a control-Z button for real life will make a mint.
:iagree:

"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

Awesome!
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

bjthompson

Post by bjthompson »

No offense, but why tell anyone at all?
Ready! Fire! Aim!

KaiserB
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KaiserB »

Gungirl wrote:Ok I think I have calmed down enough to write about this... :???:

I am a florist and the night before valentines we had a customer who was giving me a hard time( good naturedky) so I said " you are taking your life into your own hands messing with a florist during valentines!" Shook my finger at him, smiled and went back to my design counter to work. I then hear one of my girls telling that customer that he better be careful because I am packing heat, then proceeds to explain that I got my CHL and always carry! :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 It was all I could do to not run out there and beat her senseless ( I take that back...she is already senseless! :banghead: ). I figured rushing out there would not improve the situation so I fumed and stayed put until the customer had left and she came back into the back room... I said we need to talk and I took her to the back and explained how many ways it wrong to do that :eek6 she just did not get it and tried to argue with me! I expresses that it did not matter if she agreed, she was never to do it again. Thankfully the customer did not take it as threat and nothing further came if it.

My work is pro- gun and my boss is pro-carry. So we talked about my process of chl while working, it was not a big secret. We are a small tight nit group, with one nitwit. I knew she had judgement issues prior to my carrying, so I should have taken that into account when choosing who to tell. But it can not be undone.

Welcome to my world, my immediate boss makes it a point to tell everyone that I carry a gun and knife etc etc. It used to bother me but I just dont worry about who he tells any longer.

Topic author
Gungirl

Post by Gungirl »

The biggest problem was what if the customer she had been telling this to was an anti-gunner and took it as a true threat and called the police saying I had threatened them? :fire That would be the last thing I need the night before valentines!
XDs 45. Mossberg 500

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

KaiserB wrote:
Gungirl wrote:Ok I think I have calmed down enough to write about this... :???:

Welcome to my world, my immediate boss makes it a point to tell everyone that I carry a gun and knife etc etc. It used to bother me but I just dont worry about who he tells any longer.
Yeah... I haven't explicitly told any of my coworkers that I have a CHL, but they haven't been paying attention to my gun nuttery if they don't at least strongly suspect it.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

Gungirl wrote:...We are a small tight nit group, with one nitwit.....
When I was a first line supervisor with the Bell System and then AT&T, I managed various groups of techs from six to 12 people. In every group I ever had, there was always one nitwit. If he or she moved on, there would always be one more to step up to fill the vacancy.
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

KaiserB
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KaiserB »

Gungirl wrote:The biggest problem was what if the customer she had been telling this to was an anti-gunner and took it as a true threat and called the police saying I had threatened them? :fire That would be the last thing I need the night before valentines!

What if what if what if. If you have time to worry about what if you must not have many issues in your life

Topic author
Gungirl

Post by Gungirl »

KaiserB wrote:
Gungirl wrote:The biggest problem was what if the customer she had been telling this to was an anti-gunner and took it as a true threat and called the police saying I had threatened them? :fire That would be the last thing I need the night before valentines!

What if what if what if. If you have time to worry about what if you must not have many issues in your life

I have plenty going on, between volunteer work, my paying job, family and other interests.
But I am sure the possible ramifications would have crossed your mind too as you listened to someone tell someone else that you could follow through on your threat because you carried. And I believe that most people would have mentioned those possible ramifications to the person when explaining that they can not do that.
Life is filled with what it's...what if I enter this building with the improper 30.06 sign and someone realizes that I have a gun...this has been asked on this site many times. Asking and considering these what ifs is part of what keeps us safe and out of trouble.
I could be wrong but I am pretty sure it is against the law to threaten use of a gun, even as a joke, by stating that you that you have one and can follow through... I think that is serious enough to warrant a what if thought. But then that may be a sign I have too much time on my hands ( which would make every one who knows me roll on the floor laughing) "rlol"
XDs 45. Mossberg 500

BHill

Post by BHill »

johncanfield wrote:
Gungirl wrote:...We are a small tight nit group, with one nitwit.....
When I was a first line supervisor with the Bell System and then AT&T, I managed various groups of techs from six to 12 people. In every group I ever had, there was always one nitwit. If he or she moved on, there would always be one more to step up to fill the vacancy.
All to true but as the saying goes if you don't have a nut/nitwit in your group then your it. :biggrinjester:
NRA Life Member

Salty1

Post by Salty1 »

you learned a valuable lesson, having a CHL should be on a need to know basis, the same as when you carry. By letting others know you open yourself up to situations exactly like what happened to you. Many people let their mouths run without even thinking, what they do not know cannot hurt or embarass you.
Salty1

Kirtley91

Post by Kirtley91 »

Wow.

Return to “Never Again!!”