My friend gave me a box of ammo

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Justinbhutto
Posts in topic: 1

My friend gave me a box of ammo

Post by Justinbhutto »

My friend gave me a box of 45lc from his step-dads estate. Since he didn't have a 45lc, he figured he would pass it on.
With ammo the way it is I thought I would shoot it, even though it looked kinda old. Faded old Remington box...
Well when I went to eject one of the shells I found this :

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s55 ... 3e545c.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems there were 3 or 4 44mag rounds mixed in the box. The size was so close I hadn't noticed.
No apparent damage to the firearm or me.

Keith B

Re: My friend gave me a box of ammo

Post by Keith B »

You're lucky. We have a couple of 45LC pistols that had 44 mag shot in them that are used as examples in class that have only part of their cylinders remaining. I would definately inspect your gun throughly to make sure the cylinder and or barrel are still in proper condition.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

docbrazos

Post by docbrazos »

You are very lucky. Seen this a time or two but with low power "Cowboy" loads and no harm was done. If it had been a full house Jacketed Mag round things might have taken a turn for the worst!
Gun control means hitting the target!

Rifleman55

Post by Rifleman55 »

From the looks of the primer the pressures were low.

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

Mighty good friend you've got there, gave ya ammo during a SHORTAGE. Ya must've met when y'all were kids. Grownup friends ain't nearly as good.

Return to “Never Again!!”