Austin, Texas - odd encounter.

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Austin, Texas - odd encounter.

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

K.Mooneyham wrote:I stay out of Austin. Plenty of terrible traffic here in the Metroplex and there's too many liberals over in Dallas as it is. At least in Fort Worth, I don't have to put up with a bunch of weirdos acting like zombies.
But FW did spawn Wendy Davis.

And the things that made Austin great are either getting swallowed up by sprawl or corporatized. It becoming just another liberal dung hole now and slipping further fast.

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 1

Post by nightmare69 »

Great place to visit, love the nightlife, perfect for a young single man.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

One thing very unique and amusing about Austin are the number of hard lefty gun-nuts here. I know several hippies and other various granola head types who average 4 hand guns and 4 long guns. One of these days I'm going to ask them what they would do when their political heroes from the left come after their armaments. Oh we'll, as long as abortion stays "safe and legal" :mad5 they will gladly comply.

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 3

Post by cb1000rider »

Don't be so sure.

gringo pistolero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gringo pistolero »

Redneck_Buddha wrote:One of these days I'm going to ask them what they would do when their political heroes from the left come after their armaments.
Like the first President Bush?
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

chuck j

Post by chuck j »

Just trash folks doing what they do , just call 911 and leave , if the law wants to talk to you they have your number . Do not get involved . ( the couple you saw enjoyed a cheeseburger together that night , believe me . )

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

Deltaboy wrote:I would have shot the man in this case. :fire
I think this is a great example of a case that looks like you need to get involved, but shouldn't bring that firearm into it... If you're willing to shoot people on the grounds of what you "think" they're doing, I don't think you listened during training. If you'd get involved without shooting people, I'd applaud you because we need fewer sheep, especially in urban areas... But posting that you would have shot in this case - bad idea. If you're ever involved in a shooting, don't think an attorney won't try to find you on the internet. If you actually would have shot and feel justified because people shouldn't normally be behaving like that, stay far away from central Texas please.

Our CHL instructor showed a video of a kidnapping at a grocery store. Several people in class indicated that they would have fired. The kidnapping was a set of parents bringing home their 17 year old child against her will. Firing to protect someone else sounds heroic, but there are just too many ways to get it wrong.

If you joking, ignore me...

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Redneck_Buddha wrote:
K.Mooneyham wrote:I stay out of Austin. Plenty of terrible traffic here in the Metroplex and there's too many liberals over in Dallas as it is. At least in Fort Worth, I don't have to put up with a bunch of weirdos acting like zombies.
But FW did spawn Wendy Davis.

And the things that made Austin great are either getting swallowed up by sprawl or corporatized. It becoming just another liberal dung hole now and slipping further fast.
Yeah, I know. She's not real indicative of the folks up here though, so I'm guessing she's got some particular schtick, and/or greases the right palms, and it keeps her in office. I don't know enough about the inner muckety-muck workings here to figure that one out.

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

gringo pistolero wrote:
Redneck_Buddha wrote:One of these days I'm going to ask them what they would do when their political heroes from the left come after their armaments.
Like the first President Bush?
Gun control laws were indeed tightened under Reagan AND H.W. What does that have to do with today?

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

Redneck_Buddha wrote: Gun control laws were indeed tightened under Reagan AND H.W. What does that have to do with today?
I think it points out that there are some reasonably minded people on this forum that don't lay blame for our dysfunctional government on one party... They have their eyes open to the bigger picture and are capable of critical thinking. I did say that there are "some" and not all.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

cb1000rider wrote:
Redneck_Buddha wrote: Gun control laws were indeed tightened under Reagan AND H.W. What does that have to do with today?
I think it points out that there are some reasonably minded people on this forum that don't lay blame for our dysfunctional government on one party... They have their eyes open to the bigger picture and are capable of critical thinking. I did say that there are "some" and not all.
:iagree:

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

cb1000rider wrote:
Truth is at a premium these days.

Return to “Never Again!!”