Austin, Texas - odd encounter.

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Strat9mm
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Austin, Texas - odd encounter.

Post by Strat9mm »

I was going to say that Austin was not that bad, it's mostly the weirdo's who never get/got real jobs or who do, and stay weird, who make Austin weird.

Then I remembered my last trip to Austin, going to a convenience store for some frozen food to microwave at my hotel room.

Paid for about 4 boxes of frozen items and a drink, then the cashier just walked away and moved some pizza around. I looked down and wondered okay, she had to move some pizza.

Then she came back, stared at me, and pushed my boxes closer together, and towards me, and I just looked at her.

I asked 'can I have a bag please?'. She said, no more bags, and pointed to a sign in front of the cash register which was apparently written in camo, because i never noticed it. It basically said plastic bags are now banned in Austin.

An older gentleman, a member of our Armed Services, and another guy, all behind me in line, basically commented how it's just wrong (referring to the ban) in support of my situation.

Insanity has moved from the weirdo's, to the government in Austin.

So we now have elected officials voting in laws just to spite, insult and mock (and literally, -disarm-) their own constituents. And the other elected officials alongside these ignorant ill-intended 'officials' don't seem to have the cojones to cogently argue against and avoid enacting such offensive, stupid and outright dangerous laws.

After doing some studying, it's very true that an unarmed (or DISarmed) population are targets for evil people on a local level (i.e. thugs and worse), and on a national level. The 2nd Amendment was primarily written to prevent an unjust GOVERNMENT from forcefully taking away the rights of the people. At this point, it's become obvious that the current 'government' is already guilty of INFRINGING on the right of the people to bear arms. Seems to me certain legislators need to be in jail right about now. (An incident during Katrina where the Mayor Nagin of New Orleans ordered the forced disarmament of the citizens of New Orleans, comes to mind. My question is, why isn't he in jail? There's no excuse for that. Anyone who disarms their law-abiding citizens has BROKEN the 2nd Amendment, and anyone who proposes to infringe the right to bear arms, is one step from being GUILTY as well in my view.)

Anyway, I've seen some of the anti-gun laws proposed by certain Democrats in the State Legislature (thanks to this forum), and they're doing it on purpose.

One might wonder if they're only doing it for 'fun' (like the plastic bag ban), or if there is a real reason behind their actions such as proposing such horrible and outright dangerous anti-gun legislation.

Of course, the same could be said for what is going on at a national level.

Yes dear friends, the lunatics ARE running the asylum now.

They really are, and now they've reached the government in Austin.

I"m waiting for plastic myself, and after reading several concealed gun books via Kindle on my Tablet, I'm glad I have my weapon. I wouldn't fight if they took it away, after all, they are still the government that has to be obeyed, but it's my personal belief that no one ever gets away with anything. All I have to do, is sit back and watch, and wait. Though I doubt the next election will be any different. But one can hope. God let's -everyone- make their own decisions to choose good or evil. It looks like we're sliding down evil's side due political correctness allowing the voices of just a few very vocal nut jobs who can't get REAL productive jobs, and about half the population. And now, it seems there's no way back.

So what's the penalty for 'breaking' the 2nd Amendment by INFRINGING on my right to bear arms? In my view, there are plenty of government officials who are already guilty and should be charged. Hey, but that's just my humble opinion.

gringo pistolero

Post by gringo pistolero »

I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

lightbulb1988
Posts in topic: 1

Post by lightbulb1988 »

Honestly, I bet they were on some kind of drug... :roll:

Waco1959

Post by Waco1959 »

lightbulb1988 wrote:Honestly, I bet they were on some kind of drug... :roll:
In Austin, never........ :roll:

Waco1959

Post by Waco1959 »

Littoria wrote:ONe final question that I came up with after reading your replys... does this mean yall dont go to or try to avoid going to austin in general?
Generally, yes. I'm forced to go about 3 times a year with my wife. She doesn't handle traffic well so I get to chauffeur. Same for Houston but it is only biennially and out around Kemah rather than downtown. San Antonio was last month so I'm good there for another 10 years.

Brettster

Post by Brettster »

:evil2: I avoid the liberal crap hole as much as possible.Wont even go to their gun shows.Way to many skinny jean man purse toten fem bots for my taste! no offense Austinites.
Sig carry 1911 Rock Island 2011 Tac.
Mailed 2-21-12
plastic 4-24-12

bradyb2008

Post by bradyb2008 »

Strat9mm wrote:I was going to say that Austin was not that bad, it's mostly the weirdo's who never get/got real jobs or who do, and stay weird, who make Austin weird.

Then I remembered my last trip to Austin, going to a convenience store for some frozen food to microwave at my hotel room.

Paid for about 4 boxes of frozen items and a drink, then the cashier just walked away and moved some pizza around. I looked down and wondered okay, she had to move some pizza.

Then she came back, stared at me, and pushed my boxes closer together, and towards me, and I just looked at her.

I asked 'can I have a bag please?'. She said, no more bags, and pointed to a sign in front of the cash register which was apparently written in camo, because i never noticed it. It basically said plastic bags are now banned in Austin.

An older gentleman, a member of our Armed Services, and another guy, all behind me in line, basically commented how it's just wrong (referring to the ban) in support of my situation.

Insanity has moved from the weirdo's, to the government in Austin.

So we now have elected officials voting in laws just to spite, insult and mock (and literally, -disarm-) their own constituents. And the other elected officials alongside these ignorant ill-intended 'officials' don't seem to have the cojones to cogently argue against and avoid enacting such offensive, stupid and outright dangerous laws.

After doing some studying, it's very true that an unarmed (or DISarmed) population are targets for evil people on a local level (i.e. thugs and worse), and on a national level. The 2nd Amendment was primarily written to prevent an unjust GOVERNMENT from forcefully taking away the rights of the people. At this point, it's become obvious that the current 'government' is already guilty of INFRINGING on the right of the people to bear arms. Seems to me certain legislators need to be in jail right about now. (An incident during Katrina where the Mayor Nagin of New Orleans ordered the forced disarmament of the citizens of New Orleans, comes to mind. My question is, why isn't he in jail? There's no excuse for that. Anyone who disarms their law-abiding citizens has BROKEN the 2nd Amendment, and anyone who proposes to infringe the right to bear arms, is one step from being GUILTY as well in my view.)

Anyway, I've seen some of the anti-gun laws proposed by certain Democrats in the State Legislature (thanks to this forum), and they're doing it on purpose.

One might wonder if they're only doing it for 'fun' (like the plastic bag ban), or if there is a real reason behind their actions such as proposing such horrible and outright dangerous anti-gun legislation.

Of course, the same could be said for what is going on at a national level.

Yes dear friends, the lunatics ARE running the asylum now.

They really are, and now they've reached the government in Austin.

I"m waiting for plastic myself, and after reading several concealed gun books via Kindle on my Tablet, I'm glad I have my weapon. I wouldn't fight if they took it away, after all, they are still the government that has to be obeyed, but it's my personal belief that no one ever gets away with anything. All I have to do, is sit back and watch, and wait. Though I doubt the next election will be any different. But one can hope. God let's -everyone- make their own decisions to choose good or evil. It looks like we're sliding down evil's side due political correctness allowing the voices of just a few very vocal nut jobs who can't get REAL productive jobs, and about half the population. And now, it seems there's no way back.

So what's the penalty for 'breaking' the 2nd Amendment by INFRINGING on my right to bear arms? In my view, there are plenty of government officials who are already guilty and should be charged. Hey, but that's just my humble opinion.

You have got to be kidding me!!! They only banned plastic bags because its completely unnecessary to use several per grocery-store trip then throw them in the garbage. Is it a minor inconvenience to remember to bring your own bags every visit? Yes. Does it serve a greater purpose and embrace some conservation of the environment (which seems to be a horrible concept to some people I encounter)? Yes.

I love it here in Austin. We have the best music in Texas, incredible food, more beautiful women per capita than any city I've ever been to or lived in, and so many free activities to do every day. A lot of people seem to forget that this is your State's capitol city and regardless of your preference on a portion of the residents, it still governs the place you call home. I personally don't care for half of the ignorant, bible-thumping cul-de-sac-cowboys of Fort Worth, but you don't see me claiming they should all be institutionalized.

Go Cowboys!

nyj

Post by nyj »

I am no liberal, nor a tree hugger, but I certainly did not disagree with the bag ban. That is an incredible amount of plastic wasted.

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

I still think it would have been better to charge per bag. Call it a tax if you want. That would encourage locals to remember to bring reusable bags when shopping, without jerking around tourists and business travelers who didn't realize they're supposed to bring luggage for a beer or food run to the convenience store. :roll:

Although, that does seem to work in other places, so maybe that's why the Austoons didn't consider it. :lol:
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

I was forced to move to Austin a year ago. I see a lot of strange stuff going on. I have trained myself to ignore most of it.
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

RiverCity.45

Post by RiverCity.45 »

Zombie runs are quite popular in many places. I think it's intended to add a bit of excitement to an otherwise boring 5K run kind of thing. Looks like they occur in about have of the US states. More information here: http://www.runforyourlives.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :cool:
9/21/09 - Received license
"Nothing is so dangerous as an idea when it is the only one you have." - Emile Chartier

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

I stay out of Austin. Plenty of terrible traffic here in the Metroplex and there's too many liberals over in Dallas as it is. At least in Fort Worth, I don't have to put up with a bunch of weirdos acting like zombies.

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

knotquiteawake wrote:Zombie Tag! Sounds like fun as long as no overzealous CHL'er takes a shot at you!
It'd been okay. A well trained CHL would have gone for center mass, thereby not having any effect on them. :roll:
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Strat9mm

Post by Strat9mm »

Anyone who really believes that plastic bags need to be banned, and that such a ban would actually make a significant difference in the environment, need to reassess their thought processes.

Plastic bags seem to take up alot of space because of the large number of items the bag can hold.

But the actual VOLUME of the actual material of a plastic bag is really quite small in comparison to the LARGE VOLUMES of the containers the bag holds.

Next thing you know, they'll outlaw plastic containers of any type, and we'll have to go to the store to pick up our daily allowance of gruel in WOODEN bowls because they're biodegradable and trash is now outlawed.

This is no different than outlawing pipelines because some think they would prevent caribou from walking AROUND the pipeline stands.

Or how about the anti-whalers who fail to realize that the whale population has exploded, and as a result have greatly reduced the amount of fish that we humans have access to. One would think that 'environmentalists' would actually KNOW how the environment works, and support culling of the top animals in the food chain when their population begins to adversely affect uh, the -environment- around them. Instead, they attack the Japanese who tried to do us a favor.

I'm surprised they haven't (yet) tried to outlaw the eating of beef and fish in the U.S. and start a campaign of save the cattle, fish and chickens because we're a bunch of evil animal murderers who care nothing for the environment.

Or how about the seemingly brainless tree-huggers who think that felling old growth trees would kill the earth? Do those 'people' (and i use the term loosely), realize that old growth trees grow very little, and hence produce very little oxygen? It's the young trees which have high growth rates which consume carbon dioxide and produce large amounts of oxygen.
Then again, tree-huggers, liberals, and environmentalists have not been known to think or act logically in the best interests of the environment, let alone their fellow human beings.

I guarantee you that those behind the environmentalist movement and all they have to offer, just all laugh (and LOUD) behind closed doors at how easily so many of US are fooled by their nonsense.

Why don't we compare the volume of the plastic of the bag compared to say, those new Wally world biodegradable bags we have to pay 50 cents for.

But then someone would say, well, in a few decades, the regular bag will biodegrade and the plastic bag will still be with us.

Guess what, that bag will still be in a LANDFILL under tons of DIRT which hopefully will be under the foundation of someone's HOME.

And the problem with plastic bags is what again?

In the future, even in the near future, I guarantee you the term 'environmentalist' (and the word 'liberal', for that matter) will have about as much positive connotation as words such as.. nazi.

Anyone ever hear of muslo-fascists? Guess what, they're coming and they haven't been shy in declaring who they hate, as well as their intentions.

And I guarantee you they care NOTHING for the environment, nor for those who are 'environmentalists'.

They're all the same ones who have parties in the streets when Americans, or Israeli's are killed in significant numbers.

Odd how when they have their street parties, very few, if any, are wearing masks to hide their identities.

Have a nice day!

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Sounds like a good way to get Shot. I would have shot the man in this case. :fire
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Return to “Never Again!!”