Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Cabelas Allen "you're printing!"

Post by sjfcontrol »

mrvmax wrote:
jmra wrote:
texanjoker wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:The next sales clerk that tells you that....hand him a copy of the booklet and ask, "Please show me in the actual law where it says that."

Ask him if he A) has his own CHL, and B) who was the instructor who taught his class, so that you can steer people away from that instructor.
There is no printing law, but if a person can articulate it is a gun by the look and shape, they may call 911 about the man with the gun and cause you grief.
:iagree:
I don't fret over a bulge, but I'm not going to try to wear my G23 under biker shorts either.
I have seen bicycling shorts for sale but I have never seen the "biker" shorts, I guess it has been a while since I have been in the Harley shops, I guess anything for a buck! "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

Hmmm, would those biker shorts be boxers or briefs? :smilelol5:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

schufflerbot

Post by schufflerbot »

I despise people like that. you should call the place and inform the manager of the revenue that employee lost for his store.

drjoker
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by drjoker »

You've never seen a chick wearing short leather chaps riding a Harley? I would post a pic, but I don't wanna get the admins mad at me. Google it.

One time, I went with out with such a chick who made me carry all her crap in a backpack because her leather shorts had no real pockets and you can't carry a handbag on a Hog. :biggrinjester:
mrvmax wrote:
jmra wrote:
texanjoker wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:The next sales clerk that tells you that....hand him a copy of the booklet and ask, "Please show me in the actual law where it says that."

Ask him if he A) has his own CHL, and B) who was the instructor who taught his class, so that you can steer people away from that instructor.
There is no printing law, but if a person can articulate it is a gun by the look and shape, they may call 911 about the man with the gun and cause you grief.
I don't fret over a bulge, but I'm not going to try to wear my G23 under biker shorts either.
I have seen bicycling shorts for sale but I have never seen the "biker" shorts, I guess it has been a while since I have been in the Harley shops, I guess anything for a buck! "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

rthillusa

Post by rthillusa »

In the several years since its been open I've bought a fair number of firearms at the Cabella's in Allen and it has always been a good experience. I recently had an especially good conversation about Beretta's with a very knowledgeable ex-army sales guy. However, there are also a few clods working there too (obviously). You might try Gun Gear to Go in Plano. It is family owned, not a chain, very CHL friendly and provides excellent customer service. Despite its name, it is a firearms dealer with a good selection of hand guns (but not so many long guns).

CedarElm7

Post by CedarElm7 »

Wodathunkit wrote:Next time show him your CHL badge.
:rolll So awesome!
*Texas CHL* *NRA* *TSRA* *SAF* *GOA* *NSSF* Μολών Λαβέ

angels05ss

Post by angels05ss »

sodchemist
Banned

Post by sodchemist »

CedarElm7 wrote:
Wodathunkit wrote:Next time show him your CHL badge.
:rolll So awesome!

...or just point your finger guns at him and tell him you open carry.

Bullitt

Post by Bullitt »

You did the correct thing by leaving right away. When in a gun store I never talk about the CHL unless I am going to purchase, whereupon I show it to get past the background check form.

If asked if I am a CHL holder, anwhere, I say no. If told I am printing, I simply say that is my cell phone and then I leave, quickly.

Chuck 500

Post by Chuck 500 »

I have not been asked (so far). Anyone does, the rehearsed stock answer is "It's a medical device; I'd rather not talk about it."

Brandon33

Post by Brandon33 »

I live in that area I frequently check out their goodies. Ive learned to avoid the gun counter guys as much as possible. They're always rude and act like they know everything. I was looking at a 3 inch sp100 there and came back another day to buy it and it was gone but was told there's no such thing. :lol: "rlol"

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

Somefolks are concerned that some stranger is going to ask if they're carrying.

I can't say it's never happened, but I've been carrying for double digits years, both in a rectangular, zippered, OWB pack and in a kydex like holster. My carry method depends on the weather or if I'm cycling. I carry every day.

I've NEVER been asked if I was carrying.

Don't sweat it.

You're legal if you have a CHL and your handgun can't be seen. Even if there's an evident bulge, as long as it doesn't look distinctly like a pistol, you're good to go. Vague bulges aren't an invitation for rude strangers to inquire about...

If, in the unlikely event someone asks if you're carrying, you're not obligated to answer them. That is, you're not obliged to supply ANY answer to anyone with some medical device story or whatever.

I know I won't...

I would ignore them.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

G23WAX wrote:Long time luker, I finally have a story. Went with the wife and kids tonight to look at FDE Glocks that Cabelas in Allen has in stock.
After waiting for a salesman for a bit, I asked to look at the 26 and the 21. We chatted for a few minutes about the size difference between the 26 and the 23 that I told him I normally carry. Maybe that was my first mistake mentioning the gun I normally carry. I really was planning on buying one, but they had no 23s in stock. I normally carry appendix, but sometimes at 3:00 with an OWB holster when I wear a larger shirt. I have asked plenty of family members if they notice while Im wearing that combo and the general concensus is that its not noticable at all. Well, after a couple of minuted he looks me in the eye and asks, "are you carrying now?" It kind of took me by surprise and I akwardly smiled and said no???? He then informs me in an angry way that I AM PRINTING and my license can be taken away for that. I mumble something about, well, I think im okay. and he repeats "your license can be taken away". So I just say thanks, and leave the counter without a new Glock. Maybe my mistake was mentoning the 23 that I normally carry, maybe Im over reacting. I just keep thinking I should have been more firm when I told him it wasnt his business.
So why didn't you tell management that their idiot sales clerk lost them a sale? Why don't the others on here who know this idiot complain to management about his behavior? My response to this fool would have been, "would you please call your store manager over here, I'd like to talk to him." If I failed to get satisfaction from the store manager I'd ask him for the contact information for HIS boss. I've only been to the Cabelas in Buda, but all my encounters there with staff have been positive. Assuming he's not related to higher management, if enough customers complain about this tool, he'll eventually be shown the door.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

AEA wrote:
texanjoker wrote:There is no printing law, but if a person can articulate it is a gun by the look and shape, they may call 911 about the man with the gun and cause you grief.
Hopefully the responding LEO will have a better understanding of the matter than the Clerk did. :roll:
Don't bet your liberty on that
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

I wonder if Cabelas hired that guy from CTD? :lol:
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jimlongley »

So for a while I have been looking at the NAA .22WRF revolver that folds into a pocket clip. I just think it's kind of neat and almost ideal for a gun you carry when you can't carry a real gun. Heck, it might even fit in bicycle shorts. :biggrinjester:

Anyway my bride decided I should have one for my birthday (my wives, in combination, have bought me more guns than I have ever bought for myself) and she found one for a pretty good price at Cabela's (lower than CTD anyway) and off we went.

It took more than 40 minutes for a walk in "I want that one!" transaction, including a timed 10 minutes for the "manager" to show up to authorize the sale after two other employees checked, cross checked, and verified, everything. I was just about to give up and leave when he did show up, and all he did was laugh it off: "It always happens when I am at the other end of the store."

And I never really was given the chance to look in the box at the gun I bought. It was as if this was the first time they had ever sold a gun.

Considering that there are only a few houses actually closer to Cabella's than mine . . . well, let's just leave it that I will still shop there when I don't have the time to go elsewhere, but that might have been the last gun purchase.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Return to “Never Again!!”