Cabelas Allen "you're printing!"

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
G23WAX
Posts in topic: 5

Cabelas Allen "you're printing!"

Post by G23WAX »

Long time luker, I finally have a story. Went with the wife and kids tonight to look at FDE Glocks that Cabelas in Allen has in stock.
After waiting for a salesman for a bit, I asked to look at the 26 and the 21. We chatted for a few minutes about the size difference between the 26 and the 23 that I told him I normally carry. Maybe that was my first mistake mentioning the gun I normally carry. I really was planning on buying one, but they had no 23s in stock. I normally carry appendix, but sometimes at 3:00 with an OWB holster when I wear a larger shirt. I have asked plenty of family members if they notice while Im wearing that combo and the general concensus is that its not noticable at all. Well, after a couple of minuted he looks me in the eye and asks, "are you carrying now?" It kind of took me by surprise and I akwardly smiled and said no???? He then informs me in an angry way that I AM PRINTING and my license can be taken away for that. I mumble something about, well, I think im okay. and he repeats "your license can be taken away". So I just say thanks, and leave the counter without a new Glock. Maybe my mistake was mentoning the 23 that I normally carry, maybe Im over reacting. I just keep thinking I should have been more firm when I told him it wasnt his business.

snatchel
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Cabelas Allen "you're printing!"

Post by snatchel »

The title of your post resembles my name waaaaaay too closely. I was like.. :confused5 :confused5 ... ohhhh :tiphat:
No More Signature

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Telling a gun counter worker what one normally carries is no more inappropriate than telling a mechanic what oil you prefer to use...I think you're fine. That guy is just a moron.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Beiruty »

Did you commit any "intentional failure to conceal?"
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
G23WAX
Posts in topic: 5

Post by G23WAX »

Beiruty wrote:Did you commit any "intentional failure to conceal?"
none whatsoever, you would think I pulled up my shirt and said "HEY LOOK!"

Fangs

Post by Fangs »

I've been to the Cabela's in Buda several times and have seen quite a few people who were noticeably printing around 3 o'clock. I've also mentioned what I normally carry to the salespeople. Never have I had any awkward/angry comments. :tiphat:
"When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden. The one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream." - speedsix

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

Printing is not against the law anyway. I really do not like it when people ASSUME the law, rather than KNOW it and try to intimidate people.
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

dukalmighty

Post by dukalmighty »

Since I know there is no law against "Printing" as long as the firearm is concealed I would have told him he was wrong and that he needs to be aware of the laws as wrtitten and not make them up as he sees fit
It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end-to-end, someone would be stupid enough to try to pass them

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Once I was at the academy and I was carrying OWB under a jacket when I Leaned over the counter to point for something. I was told my gun is showing. Only lower portion of the OWB Serpa holster was visible. I smiled and said "That is Okay".
:thumbs2: :thumbs2:
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

The next sales clerk that tells you that....hand him a copy of the booklet and ask, "Please show me in the actual law where it says that."

Ask him if he A) has his own CHL, and B) who was the instructor who taught his class, so that you can steer people away from that instructor.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jimlongley »

I have a feeling I know which salesman you were dealing with, and it's ok, he's an authoritarian idiot all the time.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Wodathunkit

Post by Wodathunkit »

Next time show him your CHL badge.
"Character is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking" - J.C. watts Jr.
CHL since Jan. 2013
53 days mailbox to mailbox.

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

Wodathunkit wrote:Next time show him your CHL badge.
That's what I would have done.
"rlol" :smilelol5: :lol::
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

discoqueen

Post by discoqueen »

If you were printing, then how come he had to ask you if you were carrying? Love those "know it all" types. :roll:
How many tools are in your toolbox?
www.DefensiveMindset.com

odcaloney

Post by odcaloney »

I think I know who the sales guy is also. There's one big guy that I've had some dealings with that we were of opposite opinions. I avoid him when I'm in there. He's a bully know it all.
United We Stand, Divided We Fall.

Walther PPQ 9mm
Walther PK380
Walther P22Q
Ruger SR9c
Ruger SR1911 CMD

Return to “Never Again!!”