Cabelas Allen "you're printing!"

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Threecurl
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Cabelas Allen "you're printing!"

Post by Threecurl »

gigag04 wrote: That guy is just a moron.
A moron at the gun counter at Cabela's?!? Surely you jest!

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by K.Mooneyham »

texanjoker wrote:If a gun is truly concealed nobody will see it. They will not see a bulge or the dreaded term printing and nobody will have these sorts of encounters. OC will take care of that, but if it doesn't pass, then concealed is what it is.
As CHL-16 states, and as anyone who has been through the class should know, “Concealed handgun” means a handgun, the presence of which is not openly discernible to the ordinary observation of a reasonable person." If the guy behind the counter is playing a little game where he does his best to spot folks carrying, based on a "bulge" or something of the sort, then I certainly don't see that fitting into the definition. A bulge certainly doesn't fit with the words "openly discernible", at least not IMHO. And I'd imagine, in many others' opinions as well. Otherwise this board would be full of stories about folks being busted, and other than one or two unfortunate incidents, it most certainly has not. If the man behind the counter was concerned, he could call your uniformed brethren on those folks, or he could be polite and mention it in a helpful way, perhaps. But he didn't do the former, and it didn't sound like he did the latter, either. If it were so obvious, others very possibly would have seen something, but that doesn't seem to be the case here, as well. Sounds like some guy who was showing off his "spotting skills" and not in a very nice manner, to boot.

The_Busy_Mom

Post by The_Busy_Mom »

Please, please call the manager of the store. I had a run-in with an overzealous, gender-biased (in my opinion) firearms department manager of the Fort Worth store. We contacted the store manager, and to make a long story short, the store manager made it right for us. I will not let the actions of 1 person at a store ruin that store for my future buying habits. But the employee cannot be corrected if you don't take the time to notify the manager. There is still an employee at the gun counter that I will NOT, in any circumstances, converse with or allow to help me. My nickname for him is chicken stuff (the PG version). But I still shop there, and have had fine experiences with the rest of the employees. The manager is fully aware of this particular employee's tendency to do things just like what you described - I haven't seen him behind the gun counter in quite a while. I hope he didn't move the the Allen store!!

:txflag: TBM
Texas CHL Instructor / NRA Certified Instructor
Final Shot Armory - Specializing in Firearms Sales & Transfers, NFA Sales
$20 Transfers for Current TX CHL Holders, Military, Teachers, LEO / $25 Everyone else
http://www.FinalShotUS.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

G23WAX wrote:I'm glad I'm not alone. I didn't have to shore him my chl badge, I had my wife sew them to all of my shirts. "rlol"
I just wear my Tiara. Nobody says anything, the salesmen are dumbstruck, and everyone gives me a wide berth so I never get stuck behind other shoppers in the aisles.

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
G23WAX
Posts in topic: 5

Post by G23WAX »

wherever you got that..... ILL TAKE TWO.

Shinesintx

Post by Shinesintx »

odcaloney wrote:I think I know who the sales guy is also. There's one big guy that I've had some dealings with that we were of opposite opinions. I avoid him when I'm in there. He's a bully know it all.

Makes me kinda wanna visit him and have some fun. I enjoy pushing those types of people's buttons. :mrgreen:

Diesel42

Post by Diesel42 »

"rlol"
Thanks TAM, I figured that tiara pic went the way of the buffalo. I only made one for a former forum member, Hoi Poloi. She wore it at the first get together we had at Elm Fork a couple of years back. It makes me smile to think that sarcastic sight gag is still worth a chuckle.
Happy Trails! N
G23WAX wrote:wherever you got that..... ILL TAKE TWO.
Nick Stone
Have Truck, Will Travel
NRA Life Member

FishInTx

Post by FishInTx »

snatchel wrote:The title of your post resembles my name waaaaaay too closely. I was like.. :confused5 :confused5 ... ohhhh :tiphat:

Mr. You're printing? ;-)

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
G23WAX wrote:I'm glad I'm not alone. I didn't have to shore him my chl badge, I had my wife sew them to all of my shirts. "rlol"
I just wear my Tiara. Nobody says anything, the salesmen are dumbstruck, and everyone gives me a wide berth so I never get stuck behind other shoppers in the aisles.

[ Image ]
I gotta go with you on one of those visits......... "rlol"
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Whatthaduece

Post by Whatthaduece »

I bought a S&W ar-15 last October and had a former marine assist me. He was knowledgable and helpful...this guy sounds like a giant dbag. Next time challenge him to show you where his made law is located :rules:
CHL 2012

drjoker
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by drjoker »

G23WAX wrote: he repeats "your license can be taken away".
That guy's an idiot. If I were the manager, I'd fire him on the spot. What he's supposed to do is say in a friendly manner, "Hey, you're printing. I certainly don't want your license taken away. Let me help you find a holster. Here's some $125 holsters that we carry...." As a sales clerk, his job is to drive up sales, NOT scare away customers!

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

What a Moron and he is no salesman. He needs to be fired.
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

austin

Post by austin »

Another reason to carry AIWB.

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

Wodathunkit wrote:Next time show him your CHL badge.
This made my morning! "rlol"
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

jmra wrote:
texanjoker wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:The next sales clerk that tells you that....hand him a copy of the booklet and ask, "Please show me in the actual law where it says that."

Ask him if he A) has his own CHL, and B) who was the instructor who taught his class, so that you can steer people away from that instructor.
There is no printing law, but if a person can articulate it is a gun by the look and shape, they may call 911 about the man with the gun and cause you grief.
:iagree:
I don't fret over a bulge, but I'm not going to try to wear my G23 under biker shorts either.
I have seen bicycling shorts for sale but I have never seen the "biker" shorts, I guess it has been a while since I have been in the Harley shops, I guess anything for a buck! "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

Return to “Never Again!!”