Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

LAPD in tense standoff today....

Post by The Annoyed Man »

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/31/438322 ... s-designer
LAPD confronts Call of Duty 'Ghost' statue in tense standoff
By Alexa Ray Corriea on May 31, 2013 at 11:41a
Late last night the offices of Los Angeles-based independent game studio Robotoki were stormed by the Los Angeles Police Department after a curious designer pressed the building's "panic" button, studio founder Robert Bowling told Polygon.

The 911 response ended in a tense showdown with a life-sized statue of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2's Simon "Ghost" Riley, which the police mistook for a gunman.
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

:smilelol5: "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" :smilelol5:

You just can't make this stuff up. :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

ddurkof
Posts in topic: 1

Re: LAPD in tense standoff today....

Post by ddurkof »

One time back in the 1970s when I was working as a patrol officer I found a door open at the local high school. The nearest back up was 45 minutes away, so you just had to check the building.

As I turn the corner in a very dark room and run into a seven foot school mascot that is a cardinal. This large cardinal had his fiercest fighting face on. Only by the grace of God, I did not shoot that bird. "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Im sure there's a useful lesson in here. As soon as I'm finis llaughing I'll look for it.
"rlol"
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

A few years ago, but still lol-worthy:

http://kotaku.com/5351721/police-swarm- ... taku-visit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A report of a person with an assault weapon walking near Bungie Studios sent a team of police swarming to the Kirkland, Washington studio yesterday afternoon.

The incident turned out to be a misunderstanding and a surprise interruption of what was supposed to be a less eventful visit by your deputy editor to play some Halo 3: ODST.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

jmra

Post by jmra »

ddurkof wrote:One time back in the 1970s when I was working as a patrol officer I found a door open at the local high school. The nearest back up was 45 minutes away, so you just had to check the building.

As I turn the corner in a very dark room and run into a seven foot school mascot that is a cardinal. This large cardinal had his fiercest fighting face on. Only by the grace of God, I did not shoot that bird. "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
Shooting the bird is a violation of forum rules. :mrgreen:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

JJVP

Post by JJVP »

Jumping Frog wrote:A few years ago, but still lol-worthy:

http://kotaku.com/5351721/police-swarm- ... taku-visit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A report of a person with an assault weapon walking near Bungie Studios sent a team of police swarming to the Kirkland, Washington studio yesterday afternoon.

The incident turned out to be a misunderstanding and a surprise interruption of what was supposed to be a less eventful visit by your deputy editor to play some Halo 3: ODST.
[ Image ]
Kirkland police, contacted today for more details, said a passerby on their way to the local farmer's market called 911 saying that they thought they saw someone walking down the street with an AK-47 about 4:20 p.m.
So that's what an AK-47 looks like. :roll:

Should have use this poster to correctly identify an AK-47
image.jpg
"rlol"
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Typical day for a LEO.. and another example of a person that cannot properly use an alarm. Panic alarms are considered a robbery alarm and are treated as such. Allegedly seeing ghost in the window looking like that would get the blood flowing. I checked the LA times and couldn't find this story. I hope they bill the company for the false alarm response.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Let's watch the posts on thiis topic folks. We have had a couple that were basicly LEO bashing and had to be removed.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

texanjoker wrote:Typical day for a LEO.. and another example of a person that cannot properly use an alarm. Panic alarms are considered a robbery alarm and are treated as such. Allegedly seeing ghost in the window looking like that would get the blood flowing. I checked the LA times and couldn't find this story. I hope they bill the company for the false alarm response.
I couldn't find it either. I found the link to this story on Facebook.
Keith B wrote:Let's watch the posts on thiis topic folks. We have had a couple that were basicly LEO bashing and had to be removed.
I didn't post it to bash LAPD. I posted it to bash Californians, since this standoff was the result of a 911 call. In another article, it was suggested that this was a case of "SWATting": http://www.ausgamers.com/news/read/3312 ... ting-prank.

Either way, it's just plain funny.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Never Again!!”