Two oops and one STUPID

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by anygunanywhere »

AR Traveler wrote:One comment, I believe there is a recommendation against dry firing the 3AT. Something about the firing pin retention system being weak and breaking either the pin or the screw that holds it in place.
You can dry fire the P3AT with snap caps. Buy six, load a magazine, and git after it.

All KelTec pistols must be dry fired with snap caps.

Anygun
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

cxm

Re: Two oops and one STUPID

Post by cxm »

Don't feel too bad... could be worse...

I had TWO people do that in a CHL class... and did it less than 15 min after I took time in the safety briefing to warn against just that sort of thing... now that IS stupid... :shock:

Oh well...

pfgrone wrote:Ok, I'll confess. The two oops happened when my wife was trying out a Kahr P9 at a range before buying. Now I was a confirmed wheel gun person but had acquired a bad habit gripping my S&W 642 - a 38 snubby with concealed hammer. One thumb rode up where the hammer would have gone if there had been an exposed one. While the Princess was trying out the Kahr, she offered to let me shoot a magazine. I took the pistol in my normal left handed grip and promptly took a very big chunk out of my thumb when the slide raked it. It bled like a stuck pig so I had to wrap paper towels on it until it stopped. The Princess offered another chance later on the last magazine full. Since I'm ambidextrious, I gripped it right handed the second time and promptly took a bloody chunk out of the other thumb. That was two oops. :roll: :roll:

I hate to admit to the STUPID. I had been to the range and was cleaning my weapons at home while watching the TV at the same time. (Oh no!) I had been dry firing my new KelTec P3AT to loosen it up a bit. I cleaned the gun, reloaded it, sat there with it in my hand and watched TV. Then I "dry fired" it one more time and discharged the gun in the den. Took a chunk out of a small table leg before it went into the concrete floor. I still get a funny feeling in my stomach when I think how I just quit thinking while handling a gun. That's scary. Now I go back to cleaning my handguns at the kitchen table without distractions. That was the STUPID which I'm embarassed to admit. :oops:
Hoist on High the Bonnie Blue Flag That Bears the Single Star!

Dougmyers5

Post by Dougmyers5 »

Momma says stupid is as stupid does.
===================

I shot out a ceiling light with a unloaded 22 rifle when I was 12 years old in our house.

It Happens.
2be1-ask1
-----------------
DougMyers
NRA Endowed Life Member
CHL Issued June 2007
Member # 1567
http://www.texasopencarry.com/

garya

dumb s*****

Post by garya »

:oops: I just came from the range,I had just had my G-30 worked on and was soting and decide to fire weak hand. guess who out his right thumb behind the slide? outcome ONE LARGE gash out of my thumb.
brain F*** that hurt. :lol:
God Bless and support the troops,pass the ammo
AF&AM 37 Yrs
CARRY Gkock 30
OLD F##T WITH A .45

Return to “Never Again!!”