Jedi - now that's just laugh out loud funny! :smilelol5:

Made my night!
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Topic author
Target1911
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Target1911 »

That was very funny. I bet You got talked about at the station for a while.

Now this story is more a situational awareness than anything......

A couple of nights ago I was on my way home from work. I had to stop at the gas station first. I was very tired and in a lot of pain. Needless to say I was not in a very good mood either.
Before I continue I wil say, bad mood or not, I am always willing to help others so my mood didnt have anything to do with my actions.
I pulled up to the gas pump and parked. Nowhere else to safely park at the time and most of the pumps were open. I got out of the car I was driving.....(I was trying to diagnose a problem with my moms car.)
I make a quik scan of the ppl/cars in the lot. Walk up to the outside ATM<<<I HATE THESE....When I step up to the ATM I make another scan before I make my transaction. A guy is walkin towards me at a brisk pace. My sences are now tuned into the situation.
He walks upto me and starts the spill about needing a jump...Oh boy ....Here we go.....

I simply and firmly (not hateful in the least) say "I cant help you, sorry"
He said "not a prob, no big deal" and turns and walks away.

Make another scan as I watch him walk away

Complete ATM transaction and go into store. The whole time I am in there I am also watching him in the parking lot. He got his jump as I was walkin out.
All was on the up 'n up

Now...he was not a shady lookin guy so to speak but....
I'll be darned if you're goin to approach me when I am at the ATM to ask for a jump. I found that rude and inconciderate. This area is not a bad area but it has its share of >>>>Sob stories for money type ppl...And at the time he walked up I became very nervous.
Anytime I need the ATM and someone else is using it, I will keep some distance for thier piece of mind.

I must admit......I have always stayed somewhat aware of my surroundings, But in the last few months that I have been visting various gun forums, I am even more aware of my suroundings AND the different tactics/disstrations of the BGs.
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com
III% United Patriots of Texas

starrbuck
Posts in topic: 1

Post by starrbuck »

Yeah, that's not cool. Common sense says one waits until the guy's done at the ATM before you ask for a jump.
Springfield XD(m) 9mm 3.8 | Springfield XD-45 Compact | Springfield XD-9 Service
Kimber Pro CDP II .45 ACP | Kimber Pro Aegis II 9mm w/Crimson Trace | Walther PPS 9mm
Bushmaster AR-15 w/Magpul pistol grip and foregrip, Bushnell holosight

I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop.

Return to “Never Again!!”