ANY SELF-DEFENCE STORIES?????

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Target1911
Posts in topic: 10

ANY SELF-DEFENCE STORIES?????

Post by Target1911 »

I would like to hear about others self-defence stories for the main purpose of keeping the awareness level up and maybe giving others the ablity to notice a potential problem in advance. Personally I havnt had any major issues yet. I drive wrecker in the Ft Worth area and I go into some bad areas sometimes, not to mention picking one up on the side of the highway. You MUST keep one eye on your job and BOTH eyes on the traffic. I have learned to watch what is goin on around me.

However, I do remember one time I had just droped a car at one of our shops, it was night time and i had my dome light on filling out my invoice.
It had been a very long day and i was tired. My window was rolled down as i was enjoying the cool air. As i was writing, a man ( a VERY shady looking man) had walked up without me knowing. With a loud tone to his voice he said something to the effect of HAY MAN, WHATS UP. Mind you, he was standing AT MY WINDOW. I cant tell you how much that scared me. The only thing i had for protection was a pocket knife and a Mag Light. He almost ate my mag light (the easiest of the two to get). It turns out that all he claims to have wanted was to see if we needed a driver. He got a very stern NO and GET AWAY BEFORE..........

I thank God that he meant me no harm, or should i say, Caused me no harm.
ALWAYS BE AWARE OF YOU SURROUNDINGS !!!!!!!!!!!!
NEVER LET YOUR GAURD DOWN
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com
III% United Patriots of Texas

Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Venus Pax »

You are exactly right.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

pistolchamp

oil field story

Post by pistolchamp »

17 miles of dirt road with 23 (yes, 23) gates to open and close going each way. It took about an hour and a quarter to make the trip one way.

I am left handed and often get out of the truck with my 45 caliber 1911 in my left hand as much for the often found rattlesnake as any bad man.

That said, one night we are drilling and I had to made a trip to town for supplies and at one of those gates I was approached by a.... hmmmm, "illegal alien" who told me he was taking my truck.

My 1911's muzzle touched his nose and after I told him in Spanish that he could run or die he changed his mind. Now, I could have blown his greasy head off and the coyotes and fire ants would have disposed of the body without a trace, but, I was happy that he had the good sense to take off and forget about me.

I told everyone on the crew and we made it a policy not to travel that very dark and very lonely road alone.

Three months later a ranch hand's wife was tossed into a cactus and her truck was stolen at one of the gates.

ForbidInjustice
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ForbidInjustice »

That post made me smile. I think it was because I feel like I could take your words and put them over a Charlie Daniels Band guitar riff, and it would be a hit.

Good story, glad you and the crew made it out safe and sound.
- Dre
- Fort Hood, Texas
- http://www.dhs.gov

Where two discourse, if the one's anger rise, the man who lets the contest fall is wise.

Bubba

Re: oil field story

Post by Bubba »

pistolchamp wrote:17 miles of dirt road with 23 (yes, 23) gates to open and close ... snip ... three months later a ranch hand's wife was tossed into a cactus and her truck was stolen at one of the gates.
SEE , you should have blown his greasy head off !
-----------------------------

Topic author
Target1911

Post by Target1911 »

If someone tells me they are taking anything of mine ie..truck, motorcycle, money, my only thought is that they will not take no for an answer and they will injure or kill me if i dont comply. I WILL SHOOT. I dont want to be put in that situation, but if need be I will. My other thought on it is if i let him go, what will he do to the next person.

I am not slamming anyone for letting anyone go, that is just my take on it
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com

txinvestigator
Posts in topic: 4

Post by txinvestigator »

Target1911 wrote:If someone tells me they are taking anything of mine ie..truck, motorcycle, money, my only thought is that they will not take no for an answer and they will injure or kill me if i dont comply. I WILL SHOOT. I dont want to be put in that situation, but if need be I will. My other thought on it is if i let him go, what will he do to the next person.
Really? So someone walks up to you during the middle of the day and says they are going to take your truck as you are gassing up, and you see no weapon, you are gonna shoot?

I am curious as to your legal justification for that.
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

ScubaSigGuy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

Man, some of these comments scare me. Too many itchy trigger fingers. Shooting someone is always the last resort, right?
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

pbandjelly

Post by pbandjelly »

ScubaSigGuy wrote: Shooting someone is always the last resort, right?
'spoda be.

SC1903A3

Post by SC1903A3 »

Can't we all just get along.
Last edited by SC1903A3 on Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pbandjelly

Post by pbandjelly »

so.........

anyone else got a good defenSe story?

I have one.... course, I dunn tol' it like fiddy times!!
I wanna hear GC Montgomery's story again. that one's interesting!

quidni

Post by quidni »

Not my story, but my Mom's.... I don't think she'll mind me telling it again.

Back in 1980-81, she was working as the executive secretary at a Chamber of Commerce in NM. The Chamber building was by itself, with not a whole lot around it except a major road and tennis courts across the way. This one evening, she was the last one to leave the building, and her car was the last in the parking lot. She opened her car door, and had just sat down sideways ready to swing her legs inside when a stranger came out of nowhere, yanked the door out of her hand, and tried to climb in with her.

Since her legs were still outside the vehicle, she grabbed the seat and steering wheel to brace herself, leaned back, and pulled her knees up - and let the guy have both feet, heel first, right below the belt.

She was wearing stiletto heels at the time. :shock:

Her description to the police included the line: "... running down the street, doubled over...."

(Not necessarily CHL related, but it definitely shows a good attitude of "being prepared!")
TSRA / NRA
KA5RLA
All guns have at least two safeties. One's digital, one's cognitive. In other words - keep the digit off the trigger until ready to fire, and THINK. Some guns also have mechanical safeties on top of those. But if the first two don't work, the mechanical ones aren't guaranteed. - me

Topic author
Target1911

Post by Target1911 »

NO i wont shoot for taking my truck...BUT if i feel my life is in DANGER.... I will
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

Your mom was wearing excellent weapons on her feet that day.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

txinvestigator
Posts in topic: 4

Post by txinvestigator »

Target1911 wrote:NO i wont shoot for taking my truck...BUT if i feel my life is in DANGER.... I will
Your feelings are not justification for using deadly force.

Perhaps you are referring to;

Texas Penal Code
(3) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly
force is immediately necessary:

(A) to protect himself against the other's use or attempted
use of unlawful deadly force; or

(B) to prevent the other's imminent commission of aggravated
kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault,
robbery, or aggravated robbery.
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Return to “Never Again!!”