Forgot to lock things up "just one time" ...

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Forgot to lock things up "just one time" ...

Post by The Annoyed Man »

LAYGO wrote:
Keith B wrote:However, if you have a GPS in the vehicle and you have the 'Home' location set, they can get your garage remote and will have a map straight to your house by using YOUR GPS.
The smart thing to do is map to a location NEAR the house, major intersection, some place you still know how to get home, but that will still give the GPS best route path. My "home" is about a mile away from the house.
Set your "Home" location to the police station nearest your house. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Dave2
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dave2 »

Pawpaw wrote:This brings up another point about "layered security". Don't EVER leave your garage door remote outside in your car at night.
Why not? It's built into my car, and I'd prefer to not have $100+ repair bill every day.
The Annoyed Man wrote:
LAYGO wrote:
Keith B wrote:However, if you have a GPS in the vehicle and you have the 'Home' location set, they can get your garage remote and will have a map straight to your house by using YOUR GPS.
The smart thing to do is map to a location NEAR the house, major intersection, some place you still know how to get home, but that will still give the GPS best route path. My "home" is about a mile away from the house.
Set your "Home" location to the police station nearest your house. :mrgreen:
"rlol" I don't know if my car's GPS has a "home" location (I only use it for cross-country trips), but if it does, that's where I'm setting it.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Jumping Frog wrote:
That is the exact reason I set the "Home" location on my wife's GPS to the Kroger store about a half mile from the house.

That way, it gets her close enough to home that she can't possibly be lost, without bringing them directly into our subdivision, much less our home.
Hmmm.....I think I will set my Home location to the Police Department. Just because I have a wry sense of humor. :biggrinjester:
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Topbuilder

Post by Topbuilder »

My "home" is set to the church I go to.
Would it make someone think twice?
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

Return to “Never Again!!”