Post by tommyg »

I have a Simplisafe alarm system you buy a kit and install it yourself
Monitoring is $14.99 per month with no contract. The system can be
disassembled and moved when you change your residence. I recommend
that you get an extra siren for the alarm the siren that comes with
it is not loud enough for most places.
Go to simplisafe.com order on your
credit card you will get your system in about 3 Days. Installation is very easy
usually takes about an Hour from opening the box to up and running The simplisafe
system is reliable and the monitoring is good > Simplisafe has good phone support
for customers and no hassle if you get anything that does not work right. The system
is wireless and no tools are needed except for bare hands to install it. Batteries
will usually last over 2 years and you can get replacement batteries from Home Depot and Walmart. If you don't
like it you have 30 days to return it no hassles.They use cell phones for monitoring
so a Bad Guy won't disable the system by cutting a phone line. The cell phone is
included in the $14.95 monthly monitoring fee.The Simplisafe system is equal in
performance to the big security companies . Without the commitment hassles and it can be moved with you
when you move that others don't offer
You will need to get an alarm permit from the Police Dept in your city.
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

zombie appocalyp
Posts in topic: 1

Re: my home was broken into last night

Post by zombie appocalyp »

I was told by a Houston POlice officer not to put SSN info as an identifier because police can't check that. Instead use your driver's license # on it, they can check it easily that way without filling out all kinds of forms. Sorry to hear you were broken into. It's a shame that folks find it more profitable to rob people then to get an honest job.

treeman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by treeman »

Our home was broken into also - about 2 weeks ago - in the middle of the day while we were at work. I came in after work, put some tea on to make, and then walked into the bedroom (only place in the house tossed) - Wow. We were lucky in that nothing with personal information was taken. They took mostly jewerly and small items. They left 2 laptops that were in open but dug through handbag and took wife's tablet. I did learn that the safest place for your pistol is on you. They got a couple of pistols that I had around the house (one pried out of a cannon lock box) but I still have my Shield that was on me. They actually left a shotgun that was in the open. Everything they took seems to have been put in a pillow case that they took off our bed. I am taking steps to make this more difficult next time. Not a good feeling!

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

treeman wrote:Our home was broken into also - about 2 weeks ago - in the middle of the day while we were at work. I came in after work, put some tea on to make, and then walked into the bedroom (only place in the house tossed) - Wow. We were lucky in that nothing with personal information was taken. They took mostly jewerly and small items. They left 2 laptops that were in open but dug through handbag and took wife's tablet. I did learn that the safest place for your pistol is on you. They got a couple of pistols that I had around the house (one pried out of a cannon lock box) but I still have my Shield that was on me. They actually left a shotgun that was in the open. Everything they took seems to have been put in a pillow case that they took off our bed. I am taking steps to make this more difficult next time. Not a good feeling!

I'm so sorry to hear about this violation of your home! Were the police able to get any evidence?

Did your wife have an IPad? She can put Find my IPhone on there, it works for iPads also.

Did they kick in the door? Hope you both are settled. It's not a good feeling, I know!
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

treeman

Post by treeman »

Not much evidence at this point - at least to my knowledge. No prints. I'm sure everyone is impatient when this type thing happens, but feedback from the investigator has been somewhat lacking. Her tablet was an Asus Transformer Pad so don't think she can use the same software to find it. There seem to have been several burgleries and break-ins in the general area so am hoping they will be stupid and get caught. It has certainly made us much more aware of "goings ons" in the neighborhood.

Return to “Never Again!!”