BREAKING: shootings at Jewish community center

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

ShootDontTalk
Posts in topic: 2

Re: BREAKING: shootings at Jewish community center

Post by ShootDontTalk »

Many reporters back in the day tried to describe the spectacle of a public hanging. The word used most often was "ghastly." Seems like there should be a return to such means of legal execution. That and mandatory live media coverage.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!
Eli Wallach on concealed carry while taking a bubble bath

n5wd
Posts in topic: 1

Post by n5wd »

UPDATE - The guy they've arrested for the shootings appears to be well known to the groups that track anti-semitic and hate groups... he's a former KKK member among other things...

http://www.chron.com/news/crime/article ... cmpid=hpbn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/201 ... ked-to-kkk

The above link has a picture of the shooter and details of his KKK past.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Killed a grandfather and grandson both Methodist. Killed a young woman who was Catholic. She graduated from MIssouri State. Earlier a poly science prof had ask the shooter to speak at that same college.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.stltoday.com/news/opinion/co ... d244f.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My new anti gun facebook friend is very good at finding things bad about guns.

The Missouri legislature is getting ready to pass a federal firearm nullification bill. It would apparently prevent the feds from finding the straw buyer that got the KKK guy his shotgun. He was a convicted felon.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

philip964 wrote:http://www.stltoday.com/news/opinion/co ... d244f.html

My new anti gun facebook friend is very good at finding things bad about guns.

The Missouri legislature is getting ready to pass a federal firearm nullification bill. It would apparently prevent the feds from finding the straw buyer that got the KKK guy his shotgun. He was a convicted felon.
Am I reading that correct? MO wants to pass a law preventing the feds from being able to track down a criminal? Why would they want to do that?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

ShootDontTalk

Post by ShootDontTalk »

I think the person who wrote the editorial seriously considers the federal government more effective in bringing killers to justice than local and state law enforcement. It sounds like he believes that trying the guy for a hate crime in federal court would be more effective than trying him in state court for murder.

The Feds didn't charge, try, or convict any of the federally employed straw purchasers for the DOJ's little party in Mexico and have an abysmal record in prosecuting 4473 crimes. A local detective can determine who bought the weapon without the 4473 by good police work. And that evidence may be used in state court to charge the purchaser as an accessory to murder. Unless of course my memory fails me in my old age. IIRC didn't we used to call it "sweating" the actor?
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!
Eli Wallach on concealed carry while taking a bubble bath

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

The article is paraphrasing the bill to try and say it nullifies criminal activity and the feds capability to track it down. It does not from what I read in 1.322 and below

http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking/bi ... B1439P.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Never Again!!”