I hate Drunk Drivers

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

txinvestigator
Posts in topic: 2

Post by txinvestigator »

nitrogen wrote:how does 911 work on cellphones out here?

In the People's Republic of Kalifornia, where I used to live, all cellphone 911 calls went to the statewide CHP callcenter, and were routed from there. It was frequently busy and unreachable, you'd be on hold for anywhere from 2-10 mins.

I only have called 911 out here once, and got right to a dispatcher about an erattic driver who I did not wish to follow. (He was on the wrong side of the road, running traffic lights.)
It depends on the physical location of the cell tower picking up your call. To where the 911 call is routed is based on that physical location.
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Lumberjack98
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lumberjack98 »

Way to go!

Great job!!

:patriot:
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

Just another thank you.

When I was in high school, someone was killed just about every year or two due to drunk driving. (And I'm from a small town.)

It's good to know that a simple call could stop an accident before it starts.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Target1911

Post by Target1911 »

Yes ... when you dial 911 you will be directed to the nearest local call center ie..Ft Worth....Haltom City....I live on the border of 2 towns so when i use my cell phn while at home I have to have them transfer to correct town. Other than that...no prob

I drive a wrecker so I am on the road TOO MUCH. I have seen what a drunk can do. I have fallowed many drunks with 911 on the phone.
I thank you for doing that too.

I was hit from behind on my bike at a red light by a drunk with NO DL, NO ID, NO INSURANCE AND MY PERSONAL FAVORITE.....NO ENGLISH
Fortunately I was not hurt bad and I rode my bike home. Only busted the rear lenses and bent the fender. However I was sore for a few days.
I know I was lucky.

I will fallow everyone I see, I dont care if it does make my boss mad
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com
III% United Patriots of Texas

pbandjelly

Post by pbandjelly »

well, you never know, they may be your next pickup! :lol:

iflyabeech

Post by iflyabeech »

The last time I called 911 on a drunk, it was on Sulpher Springs road ( i think) in southeast San Antone, a couple miles southeast of 410. I saw this guy coming down the road weaving with his blinker on. I pulled in behind him swerving and decided to call 911. I told them what was going on and they said they would have a unit check it out.

As soon as they hung up with me, someone pulled out in front of him( remember the blinker thing. He t-boned the other car with a family in it going about 45. I immediately called 911 again and told them the car I just called in had just t-boned another car. I told them I had just talked to another dispatcher and reported the driver for swerving with his blinker on. they had no idea what I was talking about. I had already jumped out and ran past the drunk idiot screaming loudly and ran and helped the family who had been hit. EMS arrived within 5 mins, but took 10-15 mins for the cops to get there. After letting them respond, I made contact with the cops and let them know I had called 911 of the driver just before the accident. They again had no clue of this call and seemed annoyed that I was bothering them. I gave them my info in case I was needed as a witness, but they did not seem to appreciate it. They seemed surprised when I told them the driver looked like a drunk driver. They never called me back.

I thought that my testimony and my recorded 911 call would help prosecution, but I guess not!

Return to “Never Again!!”