ND-Not mine but an instructive story with pictures

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
BStacks
Posts in topic: 2

ND-Not mine but an instructive story with pictures

Post by BStacks »

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/0 ... nt-1756743" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Zencyl
Posts in topic: 1

Re: ND-Not mine but an instructive story with pictures

Post by Zencyl »

This is why I always check a weapon 5+ times before I even think about dry firing.

Wodathunkit

Post by Wodathunkit »

Zencyl wrote:This is why I always check a weapon 5+ times before I even think about dry firing.
:iagree: me to, I don't trust myself. Check, then recheck.

When I did my CHL class with "That Guy" (Brian) and Tom Estep, Brian told how he has a habit of loading and unloading (and I believe even holstering/ unholstering) in a particular room of his home where he won't be distracted. I do the same thing now.
"Character is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking" - J.C. watts Jr.
CHL since Jan. 2013
53 days mailbox to mailbox.

jmra

Post by jmra »

I've never had a ND, but if I did the last thing I would do is post the aftermath on the internet.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

What got me was this:
The accident was a combination of thinking it was unloaded thinking the safety was on and not being familiar with the sensitivity of this particular trigger. That’s the only way I can rationalize it . . .
He's rationalizing all right. I have a 930 and the trigger is not that sensitive. It's pretty good, but not a "hair trigger" by any stretch of imagination.

Still, what he wrote seems like he learned a valuable lesson. It takes guts to post that on the internet, but maybe someone else will learn from it.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
BStacks

Post by BStacks »

I've never had a ND, but if I did the last thing I would do is post the aftermath on the internet.
That is the whole point of the Never Again!! forum.

Hopefully, someone reading this will recognize their own flippant firearms handling habits and re-evaluate without having to learn the hard way.

jmra

Post by jmra »

BStacks wrote:
That is the whole point of the Never Again!! forum.

Hopefully, someone reading this will recognize their own flippant firearms handling habits and re-evaluate without having to learn the hard way.
I was speaking directly about the guy in the link. Please do not try to apply my comment any other way. Posting a comment on the never again thread of this forum is a little different than what this guy did. The guy isn't even taking full responsibility for being an idiot. He blames the gun as much as himself. This guys online confession doesn't help gun owners, it just gives more ammunition to the Antis.
You might want to read this thread again as the guy I'm talking about has never posted anything in the Never Again forum.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

jmra wrote:I've never had a ND, but if I did the last thing I would do is post the aftermath on the internet.
:iagree: :iagree: "rlol" "rlol"
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Return to “Never Again!!”