Important lesson today: BG kills homeowner with his own gun

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Important lesson today: BG kills homeowner with his own gun

Post by philip964 »

http://www.click2houston.com/news/hcso- ... n/26793636" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RIP.

Everyone here may have a decision to make someday.

This man's decision, the darkness, his age, or his delay in making a decision may have cost him his life.

Topic author
philip964

Re: Important lesson today: BG kills homeowner with his own

Post by philip964 »

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/katy/ ... 600063.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He was a minister.

The 30 year old suspect had been stopped and questioned by neighborhood watch earlier. When it was learned that his mom lived in the neighborhood and he was just out for a walk (at 1 am) the police were not called. Hmm, right out of the Trayvon play book.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Beiruty »

Keeping stand off distance from the burglar is critical. Also, if it was dark, the homeowner should have owned and used the brightest flashlight in his possession. I guess this old person owned a gun and never had any kind of defensive gun use training and maybe had casual trip to the range. Now since the BG is captured, give him the firing squad.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Well, I am willing to bet that he is at peace with where he is going! :thumbs2:
According to his website, Frazier had been an ordained minister since 1974 and had a long and eventful ministry that was marked by his piano-playing, counseling and writing.

Frazier began his gospel music career in 1967 with Trav’Lers Quartet, according to his biography on the Chariot Records website. He earned a Ph.D. in 1980 and began a new career as a professional counselor while continuing to play music. According to Chariot, he only had taken one piano lesson his entire life, but he would go on to have a fruitful musical career as a part of church bands and as a solo artist.

He devoted his life to Christ after answering an altar call at the age of 18, according to Chariot.
However, his poor wife had to watch her husband murdered in front of her eyes. My prayers are with her as well.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

TomsTXCHL

Post by TomsTXCHL »

I suppose as a minister he was being extra careful to make sure it was truly a BG and not a "lost sheep" from his congregation or something.

Another bad story from a place I hope I never have to visit ever again.

gringo pistolero

Post by gringo pistolero »

When you have to shoot... " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

CoolBreeze

Post by CoolBreeze »

I hope they prosecute the BG to the full extent of the law. May the pastor rest in peace.
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

This is very sad. The minister was also a police officer; I believe he was the departmental Chaplin. I too wonder if he hesitated a bit longer.

Chas.
Update Edit: Apparently he was not a police officer but was an honorary member of Katy PD.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

He is cooperating with the police. Obviously he believes it was self defense. After all he was unarmed and just out for a walk in his Mom's neighborhood.

I wonder if Quannel X will come to his defense. Probably in this case, he won't.

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Sad story and as a Minster he was from a generation when being one meant thugs respected you. Me I am of the modern era where I don't expect such graces and I would have shot the Perp Dead.
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Return to “Never Again!!”