So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
EEllis
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Drive by shooting

Post by EEllis »

Had some excitement at my place last night. The house next to mine on the corner was shot up in a drive by. I was sitting in my living room and heard the shots and felt something hit me on the side of my face. Turns out a bullet went thru their house, out a window, in my window and right thru my living room. A little piece of glass or some other debris must have struck me as the bullet went by literally feet from my head. It's not uncommon to hear shooting, mostly I think it's just people firing their guns not criminal activity tho there is some, but tho it was close I didn't automaticly think anything until I felt something hit me and I then realized a bullet went thru my house. I grabbed my gun and went out my front door and took a knee outside just looking for a min. Then went back inside to see the damage. I found the hole in my window and a corresponding hole in the back wall and realized that the bullet had passed within feet of my head.Called 911 and the Sheriff dept responded quickly and we found out that it was a drive by someone on the cross street. I was just happy it wasn't my neighbor irritated of and taking pot shots at me. Fortunately no one was hurt and hopefully it won't be a reoccuring issue.

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Drive by shooting

Post by Jumping Frog »

EEllis wrote:...Fortunately no one was hurt and hopefully it won't be a reoccuring issue.
Amen to this!

I am naturally curious if the original shot taken at your neighbor was entirely random, or if there is a reason for the targeting.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Glad you are OK. May be time to consider making a move if gun shots are common.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

jmra

Post by jmra »

mojo84 wrote:Glad you are OK. May be time to consider making a move if gun shots are common.
:iagree:
it's time to get out of Dodge.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

schufflerbot

Post by schufflerbot »

Jumping Frog wrote:
EEllis wrote:...Fortunately no one was hurt and hopefully it won't be a reoccuring issue.
Amen to this!

I am naturally curious if the original shot taken at your neighbor was entirely random, or if there is a reason for the targeting.
this! what is your neighbor up to?!

*hums breaking bad theme song.

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

EEllis wrote: I was just happy it wasn't my neighbor irritated of and taking pot shots at me.
Do you really irritate your neighbor enough to where at some point in time they might take a shot at you? :headscratch

I know you are not saying that it was them, but are they that upset with you for one reason or another that it could happen? :shock:

Good to know that nobody was injured! :thumbs2:
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

Topic author
EEllis
Banned

Post by EEllis »

Jumping Frog wrote:
Amen to this!

Got to be something because the deputy told me they had some idea who might have done it and while they didn't have enough for an arrest they were going to go do a search so.....

Neighbor is a pretty decent guy but he has his alky mom and his younger brother who just got out of jail living with him.

Topic author
EEllis
Banned

Post by EEllis »

tomtexan wrote:
EEllis wrote: I was just happy it wasn't my neighbor irritated of and taking pot shots at me.
Do you really irritate your neighbor enough to where at some point in time they might take a shot at you? :headscratch

I know you are not saying that it was them, but are they that upset with you for one reason or another that it could happen? :shock:

Good to know that nobody was injured! :thumbs2:

I've had issues with the younger brother of my neighbor steeling from me. He has psychiatric issues and before he spent some time in prison used to get regular visits from cops and medics where he would have to be forced to go get his meds adjusted or restarted.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Scary! Glad you're OK.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

tacticool

Post by tacticool »

EEllis wrote:It's not uncommon to hear shooting, mostly I think it's just people firing their guns not criminal activity tho there is some, but tho it was close I didn't automaticly think anything until I felt something hit me and I then realized a bullet went thru my house.
East Houston?
When in doubt
Vote them out!

Topic author
EEllis
Banned

Post by EEllis »

tacticool wrote:
EEllis wrote:It's not uncommon to hear shooting, mostly I think it's just people firing their guns not criminal activity tho there is some, but tho it was close I didn't automaticly think anything until I felt something hit me and I then realized a bullet went thru my house.
East Houston?
Yep, but it's no different than many areas and actually safer than areas I used to work. Lots of parties on the weekends tho.

stoneg1

Post by stoneg1 »

"It's not uncommon to hear shooting, mostly I think it's just people firing their guns not criminal activity tho there is some". My understanding is that firing any firearm randomly in the city limits IS criminal activity. :rules:

Topic author
EEllis
Banned

Post by EEllis »

stoneg1 wrote:"It's not uncommon to hear shooting, mostly I think it's just people firing their guns not criminal activity tho there is some". My understanding is that firing any firearm randomly in the city limits IS criminal activity. :rules:
A whole lot of crap can be criminal activity and of no real concern but for the record it's the county.

Return to “Never Again!!”