So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

VMI77
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Wife approached by panhandler scammer

Post by VMI77 »

Jumping Frog wrote:
VMI77 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:.. I decided that I'd rather once in a great while give money to someone I probably shouldn't have, than to risk not giving money to someone in true need...... because, as the end my life, I'm going to go before the Mercy Seat
..I too would rather give money to a scammer than fail to help someone truly in need...
My concern is hurting someone instead of helping them. Giving money to a drug addict or alcoholic so they can go use is not helping them.
I see it as having no net negative effect versus a potential positive effect. They're going to do what they're going to do either way, and whether I give them money or not isn't going to change anything. However, if instead, it happens to be someone who will benefit from the money, the effect will be positive. There may even be benefits on the other side. If the alcoholic goes and buys booze he's helping the local economy. If the addict goes and buys drugs, that's money he didn't have to steal from some other innocent party.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Return to “Never Again!!”