So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
johncanfield
Posts in topic: 1

Gun range accident

Post by johncanfield »

Excerpt from an Orlando Sentinel story:

Two friends were injured Sunday afternoon at Shoot Straight, a Casselberry gun range, when one tried to unjam a 9 mm semi-automatic handgun and wound up shooting himself in the finger and his friend in the thigh, police reported.........Several witnesses saw what happened and one described it as "just a case of stupidity."

Stupid is as stupid does, these people are still in the gene pool :nono: .
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

jmra

Re: Gun range accident

Post by jmra »

This is why I don't go to gun ranges. Too many stupid people.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Ditto on not going to any gun ranges, ever. I haven't been to a range since leaving the military. Unfortunate that some people don't have much of a choice.

The reporting on this negligent discharge was not very good. Either the gun was fired after the jam was cleared or the gun wasn't really jammed at all. How the finger and leg got in front of the barrel is another topic altogether...
III

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Not going to a public range to take those kind of chances would be nice, but as for most of us, we don't have 10+ acres to be able to shoot at home. It would be nice to be sure.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Never Again!!”