Unintentional display

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Unintentional display

Post by Keith B »

drjoker wrote:No, he was just very unlucky, the Costco employee was very anti-gun, and the cops were very trigger happy & corrupt. A very unfortunate mix of events.
Jaguar wrote:
drjoker wrote:If you're nice, confident and clean cut, people just assume that you're a cop.

If you act sheepish, aren't clean cut (long hair, face tats, etc.), and act like a mall ninja 2nd amendment protester (tactical pants with "Don't Tread on Me T-Shirt"), then they WILL call the cops and you might get Costco'ed (Google Eric Scott Las Vegas Costco).
Every photo I've seen of Mr. Scott shows a young, nice looking, clean cut, and confidant man. :headscratch

Did he grow his hair, beard, get tattooed up and wear tacticool clothing for his trip to Costco?
And Mr. Scott was under the influence of a large amount of pain killers and did not follow the officers orders. It was the final link in a chain of errors that broke and caused his demise.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Unintentional display

Post by cb1000rider »

It's interesting that the Scott story can be told so many ways:

... He (the officer) told Scott to show his hands and to put his weapon down twice, but Scott wouldn't comply, he said. Scott responded by pulling out his gun, Mosher said. Mosher saw the gun being raised in his direction. "He was a deadly threat with that weapon in his hand," Mosher said. Mosher said at that point, fearing for his own safety, fearing for the safety of the other officers and fearing for the safety of the crowd, "I fired my weapon at center body mass."
http://www.copblock.org/1004/erik-scott ... the-lvmpd/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
...It is not disputed that police were called to Costco, and upon seeing Scott, demanded that he drop his weapon (this was recorded on the 911 call, as well as confirmed by a witness). As Mr. Scott reached for his holstered gun (which never left the holster) to drop his weapon, police shot him 2 times in the chest, 5 times in the back, killing him..

No video, of course...

And I thought the corner said that the firearm was found in the holster... So police were kind enough to put it back?

Return to “Never Again!!”