Going unarmed

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

chuck j
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Going unarmed

Post by chuck j »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
g31357 wrote:I've walked into banks armed and unarmed. When I'm armed, I always think to myself, what would I do if a team of bank robbers come barging in with assault rifles? There's nothing I can really do with my firearm, I would just comply like everyone else. If it's 1 guy trying to rob the bank than maybe that's different but I never could figure out what I would really do. Thoughts?
My thoughts are echoed earlier in this thread by an actual banker:
Wtxchooter wrote:As a banker, I'm always surprised by the people who think its illegal to carry in a bank. Unless its posted 30.06, it's totally legal. Not only do I always have one on me, but a backup in my desk. And no, I'm not carrying to stop a robbery....give them the money & get them out. I carry for the looney who doesn't want money.
It's not my job to stop a bank robbery, and the money is FDIC insured to the tune of $250,000 per depositor. So unless there happens to be only one single account at that bank, and that account has over $250,000 in it, and ALL of the money is in a cash state inside of the bank, no depositor is going to be directly hurt by the "unauthorized withdrawal". Whether the bad guy just wants to inflict pain/death, or he wants the money AND to inflict pain/death, the common denominator is "inflict pain/death".....and I don't care about the money that's in the bank. Neither am I willing to kill a man over my watch or the $20 in my wallet, if he will just allow me to surrender them peacefully*.

It's the guy that has a wire loose in his brain with a sadistic streak and for whom the rush of robbery isn't enough that worries me. THAT is why I carry my gun into a bank.......or pretty much anywhere else for that matter.

*Yes, there is an upper limit on what I'm willing to surrender peacefully, and I will NEVER allow a physical assault without an armed response. But the above presupposes that the bad guy has the drop on me and everyone else. In that case, going slowly for the $20 — if the bad guy will allow it — is a lot less likely to get me shot than going for my gun. Losing the $20 or a cheap watch is a small price to pay for not having to explain things to the police or the DA's office, even in a demonstrably righteous shooting.

Just my 2¢....

I agree . If it happens in front of a Dollar Store , Grocery , Gas pumps , whatever and is likely a 'get' and 'go' robbery I will hand them my fake Dollar Store wallet with 15.00 dollars worth of ones and padded with paper that is in my right rear pocket . Real wallet is in the left rear pocket . On a moral note .........I have no desire to kill or harm anyone , no normal person would , but if the situation warrants I would not hesitate to defend or protect myself , family or others .

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

RicoTX wrote:
Jusme wrote:snip... she has begun to increase her SA and will point out exits etc..
:cheers2:
That is great news, even if she didn't want to carry...better awareness means potentially avoiding a bad situation anyway... So good for her!
Yeah I worked a lot on increasing her awareness pointing out potential danger zones observing others in a crowd and not zoning out on a cell phone. She worked around law enforcement but was not an officer,so these things were not drilled into her like they were for me. But as I've pointed out things that can be seen before they happen, she has gotten so much better.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

The Annoyed Man wrote:This is the kind of sick crap I think up after 26 years of marriage. "rlol"
26 years huh? Sounds like you are serving a life sentence.... ;-)
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

sugar land dave wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:This is the kind of sick crap I think up after 26 years of marriage. "rlol"
26 years huh? Sounds like you are serving a life sentence.... ;-)

"rlol" "rlol" :rolll
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

Return to “Never Again!!”