Going unarmed

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Dragonfighter
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Going unarmed

Post by Dragonfighter »

The Annoyed Man wrote:<SNIP>

That said, I have a mean streak in me. :evil2: Not saying I would actually do this, but I would be sorely tempted after going through that discussion to do like you did and bring the gun surreptitiously, but then lie later when asked if I brought it after the scream came from the other camp, and say "Of course I didn't bring it.....because you very adamantly didn't want me to, and I just wanted you to be happy. I sure hope that poor woman in the other camp is OK."
:evil2:

This is the kind of sick crap I think up after 26 years of marriage. "rlol"
I would find that hilarious. After 29 years however, I've learned that what I think is funny apparently is not. :roll:
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

bigity
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bigity »

My wife kinda grumped a few times when I carried to some places, mostly such as church, picking the kids up from school, etc.

Then I started showing her all the articles about home invasions, shootings, etc that get posted here and/or NRA facebook.

Yesterday we were taking family pictures out at a park with a photographer, and I knew since we'd be doing all the hugging and such poses and in general just being crowded into the shot, I carried but disarmed and left it in the truck. She noticed during the first few pictures and asked why I wasn't carrying.

In other words, women! ;)

just kidding :P I am glad she has come around, I want to be armed but I don't want to cause issues with the missus either.
USAF Veteran|Ex-DoD Contractor|Information Technology
EDC: Springfield Armory XD Sub-Compact 40S&W 3"

Topic author
RetNavy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RetNavy »

Funny thing was that the Friday we got back from Austin we had to go the same bank to sign some paperwork and she never even asked me if i was carrying......
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

You guys have never learned how to handle women. The trick is to never let up. Ive been married since 1970 and I still introduce my side kick as "my first wife". :coolgleamA:
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Wtxchooter

Post by Wtxchooter »

As a banker, I'm always surprised by the people who think its illegal to carry in a bank. Unless its posted 30.06, it's totally legal. Not only do I always have one on me, but a backup in my desk. And no, I'm not carrying to stop a robbery....give them the money & get them out. I carry for the looney who doesn't want money.
STOP, OR MY WIFE WILL SHOOT!

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Wtxchooter wrote:As a banker, I'm always surprised by the people who think its illegal to carry in a bank. Unless its posted 30.06, it's totally legal. Not only do I always have one on me, but a backup in my desk. And no, I'm not carrying to stop a robbery....give them the money & get them out. I carry for the looney who doesn't want money.
The money is insured and can be replaced.

Yours and other's lives are not replaceable.
:thumbs2:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

bloodhound13

Post by bloodhound13 »

LAYGO wrote:Dang, my woman got her CHL before me. I try not to let her out of the house w/o a pistol if she's w/o me. I've bought her nice purses with dedicated pistol pockets. She had better carry.
And this was a major point of contention with me for a while, I wanted her to carry ON HER PERSON. To illustrate my point one day while out shopping, I went to the head, came back and found her browsing, snuck up behind her, jerked the purse from her grasp, and backed off about 10 feet.....and stood there.

I got thoroughly chewed out, but, she now carries IWB.

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

bloodhound13 wrote:
LAYGO wrote:Dang, my woman got her CHL before me. I try not to let her out of the house w/o a pistol if she's w/o me. I've bought her nice purses with dedicated pistol pockets. She had better carry.
And this was a major point of contention with me for a while, I wanted her to carry ON HER PERSON. To illustrate my point one day while out shopping, I went to the head, came back and found her browsing, snuck up behind her, jerked the purse from her grasp, and backed off about 10 feet.....and stood there.

It was worth the chewing. :txflag:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Charlies.Contingency

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

bloodhound13 wrote:

(Late, I know.)

Wow, good job though! You got it through to her the importance of carrying on her person. My wife doesn't wear a purse, but I have a hard time getting her to carry all ID's and cards with her whenever she goes out. I'd think a pocket on a holster would be a great place for your CHL, since it would always be with your gun, but that would a dangerous place for it to be whenever you need to show it to a LEO. Too bad, I'd carry it attached to my holster like I used to do with my badge before I got a leather belt clip for it. (Made it a lot easier to remove and show it, or whenever I had to remove my gun, I wouldn't ditch have to ditch my badge.)
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

bloodhound13

Post by bloodhound13 »

Charlies.Contingency wrote:Too bad, I'd carry it attached to my holster like I used to do with my badge before I got a leather belt clip for it. (Made it a lot easier to remove and show it, or whenever I had to remove my gun, I wouldn't ditch have to ditch my badge.)
[/quote]

Are you saying you have a Concealed Carry Badge with a belt clip? That you wear?

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

bloodhound13 wrote:Are you saying you have a Concealed Carry Badge with a belt clip? That you wear?
No, he is law enforcement.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Charlies.Contingency

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

bloodhound13 wrote:
Charlies.Contingency wrote:Too bad, I'd carry it attached to my holster like I used to do with my badge before I got a leather belt clip for it. (Made it a lot easier to remove and show it, or whenever I had to remove my gun, I wouldn't ditch have to ditch my badge.)
Are you saying you have a Concealed Carry Badge with a belt clip? That you wear?[/quote]
No, I'm law enforcement. Sorry about the confusion. I forgot that not everybody knows that on here. :tiphat:
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

kjolly

Post by kjolly »

I worked for a company whose employee handbook did not allow weapons. Was visiting a bad section of Dallas with my boss and he asked if I was carrying. told him it was against the handbook. In reality I was carrying but there was no sense in him knowing that unless we needed it.
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Certified Trainer, IDPA
NRA Range Safety Officer

http://www.tacticalpistol.us

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

kjolly,

Was he sincerely concerned or trying to smoke you out, thus wave good-bye to employment?

Best guess?

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

Abraham wrote:kjolly,

Was he sincerely concerned or trying to smoke you out, thus wave good-bye to employment?

Best guess?
I'd bet on the side of trickery, just like kjolly.
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

Return to “Never Again!!”