2 year old shoots and kills his mom in Walmart

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 2 year old shoots and kills his mom in Walmart

Post by Keith B »

philip964 wrote:She would still be alive if she lived in Maryland.
You can't say that for sure. Maryland issues handgun permits. She could have possibly gotten one there as well.

This is a very sad situation, but there is no excuse for not keeping your handguns properly secured and not letting little hands get anywhere near them.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Has the gun ever been identified? This sounds to me like a case of 'cocked but not locked'. :headscratch

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Beiruty »

I think a 2yrs can't pull a DA/SA in DA mode, but I can be wrong.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Medley86

Post by Medley86 »

My 3 year old was playing with a cap gun and could fire it, the trigger on it was about equal to what my LCP has in terms of difficulty to pull. I have no doubt he could pull the trigger if he got hold of it, best idea keep them where the kids can't get to them and when they are old enough teach them how to use them so they know what to do, what not to do.
Ruger LCP in a Talon wallet holster EDC

jmra

Post by jmra »

Medley86 wrote:My 3 year old was playing with a cap gun and could fire it, the trigger on it was about equal to what my LCP has in terms of difficulty to pull. I have no doubt he could pull the trigger if he got hold of it, best idea keep them where the kids can't get to them and when they are old enough teach them how to use them so they know what to do, what not to do.
Welcome to the forum. I think many of us have underestimated what our children are physically capable of ("How in the world did he get up there"). I often hear people say their guns are where their kids can't get them. If they are not locked up in some type of safe, they can get to them.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

you don't put your gun in a purse with small children around, you just don't. I can't tell you how many times in the last couple of days I've read "my children know not to go into my purse"....sure yours might, but what about your friends kids or some little ones at church who think your purse is their mom's? yes, all of you know I occasionally purse carry, and when I do my purse never, ever leaves my arm.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

remington79

Post by remington79 »

I read that it was a Gun Totin Mommas purse and she was carrying a Smith and Wesson Shield 9mm. I'll have to find the link but KCSO released the info today.
Sent to you from Galt's Gulch.

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

SewTexas wrote:you don't put your gun in a purse with small children around, you just don't. I can't tell you how many times in the last couple of days I've read "my children know not to go into my purse"....sure yours might, but what about your friends kids or some little ones at church who think your purse is their mom's? yes, all of you know I occasionally purse carry, and when I do my purse never, ever leaves my arm.
There is purse carry, and there is responsible purse carry. You guys who are smugly carrying in your holsters and looking down your noses at those who choose a different method, remember this - accidents happen whenever you become complacent . It is all about RESPONSIBLE carry, regardless of the container.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Crossfire wrote:
SewTexas wrote:you don't put your gun in a purse with small children around, you just don't. I can't tell you how many times in the last couple of days I've read "my children know not to go into my purse"....sure yours might, but what about your friends kids or some little ones at church who think your purse is their mom's? yes, all of you know I occasionally purse carry, and when I do my purse never, ever leaves my arm.
There is purse carry, and there is responsible purse carry. You guys who are smugly carrying in your holsters and looking down your noses at those who choose a different method, remember this - accidents happen whenever you become complacent . It is all about RESPONSIBLE carry, regardless of the container.
:clapping: That's telling it like it is. :thumbs2:

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Prayers sent for that family It is a great Tragedy.
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Return to “Never Again!!”