Never leave home without it

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 2

Never leave home without it

Post by E.Marquez »

No, not your carry gun, that would just be silly, who could ever forget that.... I mean your wallet.

I have never, ever "forgotten" where my CCW was, never....never left it in a bag, table, stall, never left home forgetting it was on the night side table. But darn if I have not forgot my wallet twice now. :banghead:

A life saving issue? No, but a hassle saving one for sure.
Time to go back to my Infantry Sergeant Major ways and do PCI/PCC before walking out the door. :tiphat:
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Never leave home without it

Post by C-dub »

Same on all that. It's been a little while, I have also left the wallet at home. It usually happens when there are drastic changes in weather from one day to the next and I switch jackets or coats. I like to keep it in an inside breast pocket and may forget to switch it from one coat to another.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

All my pocket stuff goes to the same resting place every evening. Then a quick self check prior to leaving the house.

Now if I can only get the wife to do the same. :totap:

"Have you seen my purse?" "Have you seen my keys?" "Have you seen my debit card and driver's license?" :headscratch :roll: :totap:

Make no mistake, I love the woman. No ifs, ands, ors about it. She certainly has ways of keeping things entertaining. Life is never dull around here, and that's a good thing. :anamatedbanana

Topic author
E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 2

Post by E.Marquez »

lonewolf wrote:All my pocket stuff goes to the same resting place every evening. Then a quick self check prior to leaving the house.

Now if I can only get the wife to do the same. :totap:

"Have you seen my purse?" "Have you seen my keys?" "Have you seen my debit card and driver's license?" :headscratch :roll: :totap:

Make no mistake, I love the woman. No ifs, ands, ors about it. She certainly has ways of keeping things entertaining. Life is never dull around here, and that's a good thing. :anamatedbanana
Sounds like a smart plan (and smart man on the wife deal) :biggrinjester:

My wallet confusion the few times I've done it is based on a personal awareness "trigger" I have.. Wallet in back left pocket, carrying. Wallet in tight pocket, not carrying.

I am went on to federal property daily for many years, so forced to not carry. With the ramifications very severe for an mistake I have to be sure.. the wallet "trigger" has helped with that needed awareness over the years. Now I only go on to federal property a few times a month....and the "change" has caused me to check wallet and gun in a two handed "check" knowing Im not carrying, when its not in the left pocket and no gun on the right, I know i'm good about the gun..forgetting to check the right pocket for a wallet at all :banghead:
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Every time I leave the house, my wife asks me if I have everything, and I do a self-pat-down while reciting "spectacles, "manticles", wallet, and phone". Works for me. But at least a couple of times I've forgotten my ID holder (containing my CHL) when I managed to escape without my wife making me do the drill. I married above my station in life.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Waco1959

Post by Waco1959 »

I haven't had the problem since I bought a phone case that holds my DL, CHL, debit card, and phone. Wallet still get left at home sometimes.....

Charlies.Contingency

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

I might be a bit OCD, but I have a space on my ammunition cabinet (AKA bedside table) for my wallet, phone, badge, gun, etc. They go from biggest item to the smallest, and they are always in the exact same spot, in the exact same order. With my keys hanging just above them, since it's not a square or shape I can place next to the others, they're on a hook. Right to left, Glock, Wallet, Phone, Badge, Leatherman, Knife, and maybe something else random that I'm using on my person the next day, say a single leather cuff case or my double mag holder, but they'd be in order with the rest of my gear...

Always have to do the self pat down when heading out to make sure it's all in it's proper place on my person, and whenever I gear down, to make sure it's all accounted for and ready to go. If I won't need it tomorrow, it goes into the locked cabinet below until needed again.

I just wished the wife kept her stuff in the same place. Just saw a debit card here, the keys over there, ID over here, insurance cards over yonder, check card on that thing, phone in that... Drives me crazy, but I get in trouble when I start asking her if she has, "this, this, and that" as we head out... pause for about two point five seconds before griping starts. She even gets on me about loading her truck with emergency gear and equipment, because she'll never need it. :roll:

Seems like LoneWolf and I are in the same boat with our wives... What would they do without us I wonder sometimes... :headscratch
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

Return to “Never Again!!”