Need some advice on printing. And accidental exposure

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

ScooterSissy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Need some advice on printing. And accidental exposure

Post by ScooterSissy »

cheezit wrote:Odds are your wife is the only one to notice. Most people are completely blind to the world
That's for sure! Two different times (on two different motorcycles), I removed my Glock 23 from my motorcycle's trunk, put it my IWB holster, and tucked in my shirt, without the person I was talking to even noticing.

The second time, my wife and I ate dinner with the lady. I had put the gun in my holster while she and I were talking next to the bike (I had just given her a ride to meet my wife for dinner, we're all old friends, and she wanted a ride). As we were talking the restaurant, the talk turned to CHL (I think my wife mentioned that she was working on getting hers, and that I had mine). The friend asked if I ever carried in public. I laughed, and told her I had holstered my gun right in front of her.

I'm convinced, most people aren't looking, and won't notice.

cheezit
Posts in topic: 3

Post by cheezit »

I walked out of the restroom in Joe T Garcia's with a glock 26 hanging out on the wrong side of my shirt most likely it was there for over 2 hours in full view.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

cheezit wrote:I walked out of the restroom in Joe T Garcia's with a glock 26 hanging out on the wrong side of my shirt most likely it was there for over 2 hours in full view.
No one wanted to say anything about your ugly pistol. Kind of like a big booger hanging out of your nose. Or toilet paper stuck to your shoe.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
buddyhotrod
Posts in topic: 5

Post by buddyhotrod »

LOL at booger in nose.

Ha well not all of us are able to afford a 1911.

LOL
Be kind and rewind.

cheezit
Posts in topic: 3

Post by cheezit »

Agreed they are ugly, however it does work and has proven just as reliable as my 1911 at about a 1/3of the weight, it has a higer capacity then my j frame, and doesnt smack my knee like my 6" gp 100 when I walk.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

:smilelol5:
cheezit wrote:Agreed they are ugly, however it does work and has proven just as reliable as my 1911 at about a 1/3of the weight, it has a higer capacity then my j frame, and doesnt smack my knee like my 6" gp 100 when I walk.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

joe817

Post by joe817 »

cheezit wrote:I walked out of the restroom in Joe T Garcia's with a glock 26 hanging out on the wrong side of my shirt most likely it was there for over 2 hours in full view.
My favorite restaurant EVER! Been eating there since 1964. No one that works there care if you print or unconceal, or what ever. They see it all the time. Same goes with all their regulars.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
buddyhotrod
Posts in topic: 5

Post by buddyhotrod »

Joe T's

That is some good salsa, Thank goodness our local neighborhood walmart sells their salsa. LOL

It's on our table every night. :)
Be kind and rewind.

chuckybrown
Banned

Post by chuckybrown »

A couple of weeks back, I got ready for church. Jeans, belt/Galco OWB with XDm in holster, then put on a sport coat.

Went out to driveway, took sport coat off, hung in back seat of truck.

Went to Kolache factory. Yep, jacket still in truck. I was in there ten minutes, full size XDm on my belt. Nobody said a word,
women didn't pass out, children didn't scream, and lesser men didn't cower.

I will not be conscious of my coat when I'm wearing.
Chuckybrown

flechero

Post by flechero »

The bigger issue for the OP is that he's carrying an XD-S and having trouble with the grip protruding... that's a tiny grip and shouldn't stick out. I would suggest a shift in belt position to remedy that... or a new holster and belt combo be in order as soon as a few extra $ become available.

Jason K
Banned

Post by Jason K »

flechero wrote:The bigger issue for the OP is that he's carrying an XD-S and having trouble with the grip protruding... that's a tiny grip and shouldn't stick out. I would suggest a shift in belt position to remedy that... or a new holster and belt combo be in order as soon as a few extra $ become available.
Definitely try repositioning your holster....maybe something closer to 4:30 or 5:00? If that doesn't work, get a new belt. I like the Wilderness Tactical Frequent Flyer 5-stitch belts. Holds my LC9/OWB holster combo securely and tight against me.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

chuckybrown wrote:A couple of weeks back, I got ready for church. Jeans, belt/Galco OWB with XDm in holster, then put on a sport coat.

Went out to driveway, took sport coat off, hung in back seat of truck.

Went to Kolache factory. Yep, jacket still in truck. I was in there ten minutes, full size XDm on my belt. Nobody said a word,
women didn't pass out, children didn't scream, and lesser men didn't cower.

I will not be conscious of my coat when I'm wearing.

I've done similar a couple of times as far as going inside a place to get something. Have also done it while pumping gas. Sometimes it just didn't come to mind that I need to cover up.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:
Beiruty wrote:In Texas,
There is no more offense for:
1) Printing, What printing?
2) Unintentional failure to conceal.

The law states the offense is for: " intentionally displays the handgun in plain view of another person in a public place."

See here: http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/D ... /PE.46.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So to answer both your questions, there is no crime committed.
That being said, concealed means concealed. It is wise to dress around your method of carry. If you carry OWB then wear a jacket or sports vest.
For IWB, wear longer shirts and at least +1 size your pants and shirts. And, darker shirts work best.
Or a nice Hawaiian shirt. :tiphat:

My favorite!
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

buddyhotrod wrote:
Rrash wrote:...or a fishing vest. Just kidding!

Did anyone read about the recent Florida guy who was 63 years old who was getting out of his car in a walmart parking lot and for a split second his concealed weapon was exposed and some super saver guy saw the weapon in the parking lot and followed the old guy into walmart then blindsided the old man and put him into a choke hold and began screaming he has a gun?

The cops showed up and arrested the super saver with assault and took him away.
The conceal carry old man was trying to say "I have a permit"

Just saying

Gotta take into consideration all of the different aspects.

My understanding was that he got out of the car and armed up basically standing in the parking lot. That said it still doesn't make what the other guy did even close to right but still, concealed means concealed. I hope they throw the book at the super saver. Everything from assault and battery to endangerment (the CHL was with 2 little girls) to inciting a riot as multiple people attacked the CHL!
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

jmra

Post by jmra »

buddyhotrod wrote:LOL at booger in nose.

Ha well not all of us are able to afford a 1911.

LOL
Not everyone wants a 1911 regardless of cost. I have a very nice one but I would never consider carrying it for SD over my Glock.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “Never Again!!”