Fan with gun shown on TV chasing foul ball at Astros game

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Blindref757
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Fan with gun shown on TV chasing foul ball at Astros gam

Post by Blindref757 »

I've seen plenty of parking lot fights in places like Baylor's Floyd Casey, Texas Motor Speedway, and multiple high school events (I officiate HS athletics). Maybe you could argue that those fights didn't end in death because guns weren't allowed...but you could just as easily argue that there might not have been a fight at all if a gun was presented as a deterrent. The sporting event exclusion is just feel good legislation that gives violent criminals the upper hand in a target rich environment...middle aged, affluent couples with very little in the way of street fighting skills.

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Taypo »

Blindref757 wrote:I've seen plenty of parking lot fights in places like Baylor's Floyd Casey, Texas Motor Speedway, and multiple high school events (I officiate HS athletics). Maybe you could argue that those fights didn't end in death because guns weren't allowed...but you could just as easily argue that there might not have been a fight at all if a gun was presented as a deterrent. The sporting event exclusion is just feel good legislation that gives violent criminals the upper hand in a target rich environment...middle aged, affluent couples with very little in the way of street fighting skills.
Right.

Take a few thousand people packed into a relatively small area with alcohol readily available, add a good chunk of sports fueled testosterone and then sprinkle in a smidgen of parking lot/backed up traffic rage.

Sounds like an awesome place to allow guns.

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

Taypo wrote:
Blindref757 wrote:I've seen plenty of parking lot fights in places like Baylor's Floyd Casey, Texas Motor Speedway, and multiple high school events (I officiate HS athletics). Maybe you could argue that those fights didn't end in death because guns weren't allowed...but you could just as easily argue that there might not have been a fight at all if a gun was presented as a deterrent. The sporting event exclusion is just feel good legislation that gives violent criminals the upper hand in a target rich environment...middle aged, affluent couples with very little in the way of street fighting skills.
Right.

Take a few thousand people packed into a relatively small area with alcohol readily available, add a good chunk of sports fueled testosterone and then sprinkle in a smidgen of parking lot/backed up traffic rage.

Depends on whether a person has a gangsta mentality or an adult mentality.

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

Taypo wrote:
Right.

You could get assaulted/robbed in the parking lot, and you don't HAVE to drink. I've never worried too much about when I was at a sporting event. People tend to just watch the game. The time you want to be carrying is to and from.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Taypo »

MeMelYup wrote:
Taypo wrote:
Right.

Depends on whether a person has a gangsta mentality or an adult mentality.
Ever been to a Mavs game?

Return to “Never Again!!”