mr1337
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Man shoots himself at a recruting office

Post by mr1337 »

jmra wrote:
mr1337 wrote:
jmra wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:darn Glocks.:-)
First I've heard that it was a Glock, but if it was, not the Glocks fault. People who don't know how to handle firearms need a gun with a manual safety.
No, if you don't know how to handle firearms, don't carry one. Especially without a holster.
I guess the sarcasm was lost somewhere along the way.
Yea, sarcasm doesn't come across very well online without the sarcasm tag: /s
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

jmra
Posts in topic: 12

Post by jmra »

mr1337 wrote:
jmra wrote:
mr1337 wrote:
jmra wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:darn Glocks.:-)
First I've heard that it was a Glock, but if it was, not the Glocks fault. People who don't know how to handle firearms need a gun with a manual safety.
No, if you don't know how to handle firearms, don't carry one. Especially without a holster.
I guess the sarcasm was lost somewhere along the way.
Yea, sarcasm doesn't come across very well online without the sarcasm tag: /s
I'll keep that in mind.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

ShootDontTalk
Posts in topic: 5

Post by ShootDontTalk »

Right2Carry wrote: First and foremost the article which this topic was started says nothing about the recruiter showing the weapon to others so your statement about "ALL" is false. The article states the firearm went off in his pocket when the recruiter sat down.
Is it your assertion that the gun just went off all by itself without any negligent human intervention whatsoever? And by the way, putting any firearm into a pocket WITHOUT A POCKET HOLSTER to cover the trigger is negligent human intervention. Unless your opinion tells you it isn't.
Right2Carry wrote: Your opinion doesn't trump my opinion. Again plenty of videos of LEO and others having NDs with a firearm that is striker fired and light trigger pull, they are not myths. IMHO a firearm with light trigger pull and striker fired should at a minimum have a grip safety like the XD.
No, but facts trump internet videos on YouTube - every time. It's up to you to prove that Glocks go off all by themselves with no negligent human intervention. You have your opinion. My opinion doesn't matter. The facts are readily apparent.
Right2Carry wrote: I haven't read one article that stated the recruiter was showing it to other recruiters. You are welcome to cite your source of your claim.
Ok here is one for you:

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/art ... e-reviewed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Like it or not, the truth stands. No gun goes off by itself. The recruiters' gun had some help.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!
Eli Wallach on concealed carry while taking a bubble bath

Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Right2Carry »

ShootDontTalk wrote:
Right2Carry wrote: First and foremost the article which this topic was started says nothing about the recruiter showing the weapon to others so your statement about "ALL" is false. The article states the firearm went off in his pocket when the recruiter sat down.
Is it your assertion that the gun just went off all by itself without any negligent human intervention whatsoever? And by the way, putting any firearm into a pocket WITHOUT A POCKET HOLSTER to cover the trigger is negligent human intervention. Unless your opinion tells you it isn't.
Right2Carry wrote: Your opinion doesn't trump my opinion. Again plenty of videos of LEO and others having NDs with a firearm that is striker fired and light trigger pull, they are not myths. IMHO a firearm with light trigger pull and striker fired should at a minimum have a grip safety like the XD.
No, but facts trump internet videos on YouTube - every time. It's up to you to prove that Glocks go off all by themselves with no negligent human intervention. You have your opinion. My opinion doesn't matter. The facts are readily apparent.
Right2Carry wrote: I haven't read one article that stated the recruiter was showing it to other recruiters. You are welcome to cite your source of your claim.
Ok here is one for you:

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/art ... e-reviewed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Like it or not, the truth stands. No gun goes off by itself. The recruiters' gun had some help.

Who said guns go off by themselves?
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

ShootDontTalk

Post by ShootDontTalk »

Right2Carry wrote: Ever heard the term "Glock Leg"?
What does this mean then? How is it the fault of a gun, regardless of who makes it, if someone who doesn't know how to handle a loaded gun does something negligent and sets it off when they didn't intend to?

misterlarry
Posts in topic: 1

Post by misterlarry »

Low skill/information gun owners are as bad or worse than low information voters. They are both extremely dangerous.
01/19/2013 CHL Class - 03/25/2013 CHL Arrived
NRA Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

Right2Carry wrote:
C-dub wrote: And the same thing has never happened with any other firearm.
I didn't say that, but Glock definetly has a reputation for this sort of thing happening.
It's the same thing that happens recently regarding pitbull attacks. It also happened back in the 90's with Rotties. Both of these breeds were maligned in the media and by others as being more likely to bite someone than any other breed at the time and it was completely false. The, relatively, few instances when it did happen got national media attention and people believed it was true because it was on TV and the news said so. This is also true of child molestation and abductions and other things. The 24 hour news cycle and media hype makes some people think it is happening more often now than in the past. It might be, but not a significant amount if it is when accounting for the difference in the population from now when also compared to the past.

Believe what you want. There are a lot of people that do some really dumb things with firearms. Some intentionally and some without even thinking about what they're about to do. However, answer me this. If the Glock is such a flawed and dangerous design, how has it been allowed to stay on the market for so long now and not have a class action law suit against it?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

ShootDontTalk wrote:
Right2Carry wrote: Ever heard the term "Glock Leg"?
What does this mean then? How is it the fault of a gun, regardless of who makes it, if someone who doesn't know how to handle a loaded gun does something negligent and sets it off when they didn't intend to?
Humans are fallible. Humans make mistakes. IMHO the combination of striker fired pistols and light trigger pull should have at a minimum a grip safety.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

ShootDontTalk

Post by ShootDontTalk »

Right2Carry wrote: Humans are fallible. Humans make mistakes. IMHO the combination of striker fired pistols and light trigger pull should have at a minimum a grip safety.
You do know that most manufacturers of striker fired pistols have virtually the same trigger pull weights? 5.5-6.5 pound range. That is not what most people define as a "light" trigger pull.

People are fallible and do make mistakes - all kinds of mistakes. People have been shooting themselves ever since firearms were invented - even those with three or four mechanical safeties. Let's at least be fair and objective about it and use the right term for the problem.

:cheers2:

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

ShootDontTalk wrote:
Right2Carry wrote: Humans are fallible. Humans make mistakes. IMHO the combination of striker fired pistols and light trigger pull should have at a minimum a grip safety.
You do know that most manufacturers of striker fired pistols have virtually the same trigger pull weights? 5.5-6.5 pound range. That is not what most people define as a "light" trigger pull.

People are fallible and do make mistakes - all kinds of mistakes. People have been shooting themselves ever since firearms were invented - even those with three or four mechanical safeties. Let's at least be fair and objective about it and use the right term for the problem.

:cheers2:
I believe it to be light in comparison the double action firearms.

ShootDontTalk

Post by ShootDontTalk »

Right2Carry wrote: I believe it to be light in comparison the double action firearms.
Now you're hunting for a rabbit hole.

A Glock is neither double-action nor single-action. I'll leave it to you to go look up specific technical specifications about striker fired pistols. All of which has absolutely nothing to do with negligent gun owners.

I think I'm done here.

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

ShootDontTalk wrote:
Right2Carry wrote: I believe it to be light in comparison the double action firearms.
Now you're hunting for a rabbit hole.

A Glock is neither double-action nor single-action. I'll leave it to you to go look up specific technical specifications about striker fired pistols. All of which has absolutely nothing to do with negligent gun owners.

I think I'm done here.

Not hunting for a rabbit hole at all. I trust double actions all day long over a Glock. This is all opinion but I still would not be surprised if the gun turned out to be a Glock. I would say the chances the gun were a DA/SA or a DAO is slim to none. Guns don't go off by themselves, but some makes are more prone to NDs than others.

Return to “Never Again!!”