Man shoots himself at a recruting office

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Man shoots himself at a recruting office

Post by philip964 »

http://www.cbs46.com/story/29573194/man ... ing-office" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I really really hate reading this.

carlson1

Re: Man shoots himself at a recruting office

Post by carlson1 »

:banghead:

jmra
Posts in topic: 12

Post by jmra »

And that's why I joined the Air Force.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

mr1337
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mr1337 »

Always carry in a holster! If you carry in a pocket, that means a pocket holster, and don't be messing with it during the day.

Unfortunately, the anti's will use this incident as fodder to keep our soldiers from being able to defend themselves.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Right2Carry »

Damn Glocks.:-)
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 1

Post by treadlightly »

Always carry in a holster, and if you must pocket carry, nothing but the gun (in a holster) in that pocket.

Hope his injuries aren't too serious. He's probably a more careful gun owner today.

jmra

Post by jmra »

Right2Carry wrote:darn Glocks.:-)
First I've heard that it was a Glock, but if it was, not the Glocks fault. People who don't know how to handle firearms need a gun with a manual safety.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

jmra wrote:
First I've heard that it was a Glock, but if it was, not the Glocks fault. People who don't know how to handle firearms need a gun with a manual safety.
:headscratch ,...people who don't know how to handle firearms don't need a gun, certainly not one with bullets.

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

jmra wrote:
I don't know if it was or wasn't hence the smiley. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it turns out to be one.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

jmra

Post by jmra »

Right2Carry wrote:
jmra wrote:
I don't know if it was or wasn't hence the smiley. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it turns out to be one.
like I said, if you don't know jack about firearms you need a manual safety.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

jmra wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:
jmra wrote:
You're certainly entitled to your opinion but it doesn't make it fact. IMHO Glocks are for people who can't walk and chew bubblegum at the same time.

SC1903A3

Post by SC1903A3 »

Well, he's got an Article 32 in his future.

jmra

Post by jmra »

Right2Carry wrote:
jmra wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:
jmra wrote:
You're certainly entitled to your opinion but it doesn't make it fact. IMHO Glocks are for people who can't walk and chew bubblegum at the same time.
So, the vast majority of LEO in the country can't walk and chew bubblegum at the same time? People who blame a Glock every time someone shoots themselves are not only perpetuating a myth about glocks and striker fired weapons, they are also revealing their ignorance of firearms.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

jmra wrote: So, the vast majority of LEO in the country can't walk and chew bubblegum at the same time? People who blame a Glock every time someone shoots themselves are not only perpetuating a myth about glocks and striker fired weapons, they are also revealing their ignorance of firearms.
:iagree:

I guess we could say if you carry a 1911 you must not have enough common sense and maturity to keep your finger off the trigger. :headscratch

Edit: I do not believe the statement about 1911's, but it sure is annoying to hear people talk about firearms when there is no basic knowledge of the internals on which causes it to function.

jmra

Post by jmra »

carlson1 wrote:
jmra wrote: So, the vast majority of LEO in the country can't walk and chew bubblegum at the same time? People who blame a Glock every time someone shoots themselves are not only perpetuating a myth about glocks and striker fired weapons, they are also revealing their ignorance of firearms.

I guess we could say if you carry a 1911 you must not have enough common sense and maturity to keep your finger off the trigger. :headscratch

Edit: I do not believe the statement about 1911's, but it sure is annoying to hear people talk about firearms when there is no basic knowledge of the internals on which causes it to function.
I have nothing against 1911s, I own one myself.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “Never Again!!”