So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Wife followed this morning to School

Post by carlson1 »

Javier730 wrote:
lildave40 wrote:
Javier730 wrote:Question, was she armed? Remember the motorist protection act will allow your wife to be armed in her vehicle, until she gets her chl.

No my wife was not armed. She has grown comfortable around them since I have been a chl holder and carrying everyday. She will be after today though. we are heading to the range at 5 then to academy for a weapon she will like.
You should go to academy first, then take her to the range to fire the gun she just bought.
I like the ideal of the range first. He can rent her different pistols until she find one she is comfortable with. Then head to the gun store and schedule the next range day. :tiphat:

Javier730
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Javier730 »

carlson1 wrote:
Javier730 wrote:
lildave40 wrote:
Javier730 wrote:Question, was she armed? Remember the motorist protection act will allow your wife to be armed in her vehicle, until she gets her chl.

No my wife was not armed. She has grown comfortable around them since I have been a chl holder and carrying everyday. She will be after today though. we are heading to the range at 5 then to academy for a weapon she will like.
You should go to academy first, then take her to the range to fire the gun she just bought.
I like the ideal of the range first. He can rent her different pistols until she find one she is comfortable with. Then head to the gun store and schedule the next range day. :tiphat:
Ahh renting, didnt even think about that.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

John Galt
Posts in topic: 2

Post by John Galt »

I might add that getting her a lesson with a lady instructor might give her a female perspective and ease her into the idea.
This is what I'm going to do with my wife.

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Taypo »

carlson1 wrote:
Javier730 wrote:
lildave40 wrote:

:iagree:

Exactly. First gun I bought for my wife came after a marathon range session where she rented everything from a .380 on up and ended up deciding on the .45. One of my prouder moments :).

Topic author
lildave40
Posts in topic: 5

Post by lildave40 »

My wife is torn between the 1911 and the lcp. Back to the range this afternoon. :thewave

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

lildave40 wrote:My wife is torn between the 1911 and the lcp. Back to the range this afternoon. :thewave
Decisions, decisions ... :biggrinjester:

by the way, can you share where this happened?
NRA Life Member

Javier730
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Javier730 »

lildave40 wrote:My wife is torn between the 1911 and the lcp. Back to the range this afternoon. :thewave
GET BOTH!!! 1911 as her main and lcp as backup. Problem solved...
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

wow! I'm sorry about the stress she went through, but it's a great lesson for all of us to stay aware!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
lildave40

Post by lildave40 »

GeekwithaGun wrote:
Decisions, decisions ... :biggrinjester:

by the way, can you share where this happened?
This happened on Uvalde and Wallisville in Houston at San Jacinto college. Wife ended up getting the 1911 and my lc9. I know have a 1911 as well.

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

lildave40 wrote:.... Wife ended up getting the 1911 and my lc9. I know have a 1911 as well.
thanks and very nice.
NRA Life Member

ELB

Post by ELB »

Any more news on the guy that followed her? I'd be wanting to keep tabs on him, see whether he gets released, keep a sharp eye out if he does.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
lildave40

Post by lildave40 »

ELB wrote:Any more news on the guy that followed her? I'd be wanting to keep tabs on him, see whether he gets released, keep a sharp eye out if he does.
The police wouldnt tell us what he was arrested for. But we did follow up and asked. We were told dont worry he will not be out for a very long time. One thing we added to our daily routine is to change the route we take to and from home.

Cowboyhockey14

Post by Cowboyhockey14 »

I'm glad your wife is ok. She demonstrated great situational awareness.

ELB

Post by ELB »

lildave40 wrote:
ELB wrote:Any more news on the guy that followed her? I'd be wanting to keep tabs on him, see whether he gets released, keep a sharp eye out if he does.
The police wouldnt tell us what he was arrested for. But we did follow up and asked. We were told dont worry he will not be out for a very long time. One thing we added to our daily routine is to change the route we take to and from home.
Thanks for the update. I would ask the cops about this once in a while. I can understand keeping it under wraps for awhile if there is an investigation of something else going on, but eventually this has to come out in the open, and if it were me or my wife being followed I would be intensely interested in who, why, where, etc.

Best wishes.
USAF 1982-2005

HKsig

Post by HKsig »

John Galt wrote:Very glad she is ok. She did perfect.
A-Men! :thumbs2:

Return to “Never Again!!”