Enterprise Rent A Car

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
LedJedi
Posts in topic: 4

Enterprise Rent A Car

Post by LedJedi »

Thought this was entertaining and maybe mildly interesting.

I was picking up a rental car yesterday. In the course of the paperwork I had to call my insurance company for something so I pulled out my wallet to get the # and info from the ins. card and set my wallet down on the counter in front of me.

About five minutes into the phone conversation I look around to do a survey of what’s happening in the office (always be alert to your surroundings). I notice the kid behind the counter looks REALLY nervous. He’s sweating a little and his hands are shaking a bit. He didn’t look like he was going to have a heart attack or anything, just a little shook up.

I thought maybe someone walked in behind me and I didn’t notice and he was agitated cause I was using their phone or something. I looked around again and nobody there.

I looked at him again and followed where his eyes were looking. He was staring down my wallet on the counter and looking directly at the wallet. My first thought was… what is this jerk doing looking at my wallet? Then I see the little card sticking out above my drivers license that read “concealed handgun�.

I couldn’t help but laugh a little. Picked up my wallet and put it in my pocket again and started talking to the kid while I was on hold. Just small talk. Cracked a few jokes and was telling him about the accident where some other kid hit me that landed me in his office. He was smiling in a few minutes. I felt bad for shaking the guy up like that. Who would have thought it.

On my way out the door the kid grabs my jacket that’s rolled up on the counter in front of me and the clipboard with the paperwork to do the walk around and starts to head out the door as I reach down to pick up my briefcase. I reached out and put my hand on my jacket and said “I think I better take that, but thanks.� I guess he was trying to be nice and take my jacket for me or something.

He hands it back and says something like, “What do you have in there anyway? Lead? That jacket must way 20 lbs.�

I just smiled again and said, “yes, as a matter of fact…� and just let it go from there. I don’t think he got the joke.

Shame on me for even allowing him to pick up my rolled up jacket with my 45 and shoulder rig in it. I'm normally a freak about controlling my weapon. I just didn’t expect him to try and be all gentlemanly.

I called up to the office this morning and asked to speak with his manager and gave him a glowing recommendation. Poor kid.

KRM45

Post by KRM45 »

While this is an interesting story I don't see the LEO aspect...

Dougmyers5
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dougmyers5 »

KRM45 wrote:While this is an interesting story I don't see the LEO aspect...
Maybe its in the Blooper part of the Forum?
2be1-ask1
-----------------
DougMyers
NRA Endowed Life Member
CHL Issued June 2007
Member # 1567
http://www.texasopencarry.com/

KRM45

Post by KRM45 »

Dougmyers5 wrote:
Could be, but as I read it that would be LEO bloopers.

Wildscar

Post by Wildscar »

KRM45 wrote:
Dougmyers5 wrote:
Does it really matter :?: If moderator deemed it necessary it would have been moved already.
Wildscar
"Far Better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt 1899
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource
Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!

KRM45

Post by KRM45 »

Wildscar wrote:
KRM45 wrote:
Dougmyers5 wrote:
Does it really matter :?: If moderator deemed it necessary it would have been moved already.
I just thought it might get more attention in the General CHL Discussion section where it belongs rather than here in the LEO section...

chewy555
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chewy555 »

KRM45 wrote: I just thought it might get more attention in the General CHL Discussion section where it belongs rather than here in the LEO section...
Or even under Never Again.
Since he was almost called out when the kid picked up the jacket.
H&K USP 45
Taurus Tracker .357
Taurus 1911

Topic author
LedJedi

Post by LedJedi »

ahhh, yeah, probably should have been under "never again" or general. I just thought it was funny.

Feel free to move it.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

LedJedi wrote:ahhh, yeah, probably should have been under "never again" or general. I just thought it was funny.

Feel free to move it.
Why does it matter? Doesn't everyone read everything?
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Fourman

Post by Fourman »

dang chill people, Never Again forum was just fine to post this in.

Ledjedi, when I am in a new environment I never let my piece go off person like that. As you see the sales person was able to grab your piece....what if that was a BG.......

Just a thought....and I am far from perfect :grin:

Brian
" What my name is not enough?"

Topic author
LedJedi

Post by LedJedi »

Fourman wrote:dang chill people, Never Again forum was just fine to post this in.

Ledjedi, when I am in a new environment I never let my piece go off person like that. As you see the sales person was able to grab your piece....what if that was a BG.......

Just a thought....and I am far from perfect :grin:

Brian
It was originally posted in the Bloopers section man. They moved it to here. no worries.

I completely agree with taking it off. Unfortunately I didn't have much of a choice. I couldn't wear my shoulder rig that day and I dont have an IWB holster that works for me so I had to put it in my jacket in that situation.

100% agree though, He never should have gotten control of my jacket.

Fourman

Post by Fourman »

Ah I see, I take a day off and I miss everything :lol:

Brian
" What my name is not enough?"

chewy555

Post by chewy555 »

Jedi, I think that you did good. You kept him from "really" finding it. Are there ways to handle it different, yes, but from what you have said, you did what you had to do at the time. I think that this is a leason for all of us. We have to watch at all times where our weapon is.
Last edited by chewy555 on Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
H&K USP 45
Taurus Tracker .357
Taurus 1911

KRM45

Post by KRM45 »

Liberty wrote: Why does it matter? Doesn't everyone read everything?
No

Topic author
LedJedi

Post by LedJedi »

chewy555 wrote:Jedi, I think that you did good. You kept him from "really" finding it. Are there ways to handle it different, yes, but from what you have said, you did what you had to do at the time. I think that this is a leason for all of us. We have to watch at all times where or weapon is.
awe, shucks... thanks man :)

I really gotta play more with IWB carry so i dont have to rely so much on a shoulder rig. That would have kept me out of that situation to begin with.

Return to “Never Again!!”