MI: Woman dies from ND while looking down and adjusting bra holster

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Jago668
Posts in topic: 3

Re: MI: Woman dies from ND while looking down and adjusting bra holster

Post by Jago668 »

That is what scared my girlfriend from getting one of those. Sorry it happened. Sounded like she was a good lady.
NRA Benefactor Member

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JALLEN »

I wonder what kind of .22 pistol it was.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

rotor

Post by rotor »

There are some forms of carry where one in the chamber is not a good idea. Very tragic accident.

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

The story lacks lots of details that seem kinda important... what make/model pistol was it, what brand/type of bra holster was it. Something feels like its missing - like the fact that she had her hand on the pistol or something. I have a hard time believing it went off with a proper trigger guard built into the holster unless her hand was on it in someway.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

allisji

Post by allisji »

they author tells you exactly what they want you to know.

This woman carried a gun in her bra, and she accidently shot herself in the eye and died. I'm surprised that they even mentioned the caliber, since most people don't know the difference between a .22 LR and a 12 gauge.

It's a tragic story, and the intended takeaway is that guns kill people.

The bra clip holster just seems like a bad idea all around to me. I would much rather my wife wear a belly band, and I think that she will agree.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

Most likely a flashbang holster. While in and of itself it isn't less safe than another holster (covers the trigger guard just fine). Just seems less forgiving of human error since since the barrel is up at your chest. I will say this though, the makers flat out tell you not to reholster the gun wile wearing the holster. Everyone I've seen review them say the same thing.
NRA Benefactor Member

allisji

Post by allisji »

Jago668 wrote:Most likely a flashbang holster. While in and of itself it isn't less safe than another holster (covers the trigger guard just fine). Just seems less forgiving of human error since since the barrel is up at your chest. I will say this though, the makers flat out tell you not to reholster the gun wile wearing the holster. Everyone I've seen review them say the same thing.
The barrel is up at your chest and horizontal it looks like. She would draw by grabbing the grip and pulling the weapon down which would likely cause the muzzle to tilt upward when drawing.

Can't imagine it's the most comfortable method of carry for the average woman, either. Great for the movies, I'm sure, but unless you're CCing in lingerie, it doesn't seem necessary.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

allisji wrote:
Jago668 wrote:Most likely a flashbang holster. While in and of itself it isn't less safe than another holster (covers the trigger guard just fine). Just seems less forgiving of human error since since the barrel is up at your chest. I will say this though, the makers flat out tell you not to reholster the gun wile wearing the holster. Everyone I've seen review them say the same thing.
The barrel is up at your chest and horizontal it looks like. She would draw by grabbing the grip and pulling the weapon down which would likely cause the muzzle to tilt upward when drawing.

Can't imagine it's the most comfortable method of carry for the average woman, either. Great for the movies, I'm sure, but unless you're CCing in lingerie, it doesn't seem necessary.
It is a downward draw. Holster pinches the pistol holding it in place. Basically an upside down U, or a C turned down.
NRA Benefactor Member

allisji

Post by allisji »

Jago668 wrote:
allisji wrote:

It is a downward draw. Holster pinches the pistol holding it in place. Basically an upside down U, or a C turned down.
well, that's different than I imagined. I'd be concerned with retention, but of course I've already made up my mind. If my wife wanted one... I guess I'd let her model it for me :mrgreen: but I know her well enough to know that she would not like it, and neither do I.
LTC since 2015

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

You know this happened 11 months ago. Why is this news now?
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I have one of those things, I could never get it comfortable, I think I wore it once, maybe twice.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

Crossfire wrote:You know this happened 11 months ago. Why is this news now?
USA Today needs new things to bash guns about.

This is also making the rounds on the anti forums.

http://dependviral.com/new-the-best-sho ... fail-2015/

Don't be these people.

Return to “Never Again!!”