Leave your firearm at home during vacation?

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Leave your firearm at home during vacation?

Post by carlson1 »

I even place my bag in a Pacsafe. I do not know about everyone else, but I have several dollars tied up in my bag not alone the medial supply, spare ammo, etc. . . that I have in it. I bolt it down in the vehicle also. Again it is not going to stop the guy with bolt cutters, but it does stop the opportunist.
http://www.pacsafe.com/pacsafe-55l-back ... ector.html

Topic author
vjallen75
Posts in topic: 5

Post by vjallen75 »

carlson1 wrote:I even place my bag in a Pacsafe. I do not know about everyone else, but I have several dollars tied up in my bag not alone the medial supply, spare ammo, etc. . . that I have in it. I bolt it down in the vehicle also. Again it is not going to stop the guy with bolt cutters, but it does stop the opportunist.
http://www.pacsafe.com/pacsafe-55l-back ... ector.html
That's a good idea! I will have to get one of those. I have plenty of bags lying around to keep stuff in.
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Oldgringo »

Jago668 wrote:I don't have to worry about children. So my pistol goes with me, and I just don't visit gun unfriendly states. I don't want them having any of my money anyways.
:iagree:, I might add that I also try to avoid 'gun unfriendly' businesses and facilities including churches. My wife does not ask me if we're armed, she knows.

Topic author
vjallen75
Posts in topic: 5

Post by vjallen75 »

Oldgringo wrote: :iagree:, I might add that I also try to avoid 'gun unfriendly' businesses and facilities including churches. My wife does not ask me if we're armed, she knows.
After the shooting in Orlando my wife understands why I don't like going placed unarmed. And she is going to try to be more aware of those types of places. :hurry:
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

If we go by car. I take our portal safe with cable, her pistol, my pistol and plenty of ammo. I hope everyone enjoyed the time together.

azwe

Post by azwe »

I'm going overseas in a few weeks and plan on putting all but one of my guns into my bank's safety deposit box. I don't own a gun safe....yet.

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 2

Post by nightmare69 »

When my wife and I went on our cruise to Mexico I had to leave my gun in our car parked at the hotel. So the morning we left I got a covered parking spot. I hid my gun in the trunk where the spare tire supposed to be. Dodge Darts only come with a air pump and no spare. I missed it late at night at Cozumel, some sketchy people that's for sure.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Scott in Houston

Post by Scott in Houston »

Doesn't every gun come with a "lock" mechanism?
I bet you can find as many as you want for less than a dollar.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

vjallen75 wrote:Thanks for all the suggestions!!

I may look into getting a slimmer vault with cable to keep in both of our vehicles.
I swear I have stayed at that same hotel. Horrible, it was shortly after that trip I decided I needed to get my chl!
Also, I have been in a pickle too with the family and I was carrying. I just put it on the top rack of the closet, Without a round in the chamber.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I would like to say good on you for seeking good advice and understanding what the down sides of leaving it are. I do my best to never go anywhere where I cannot have it but sometimes it just happens that way. I will not go on any trip without it tho. My dad from the time I was 3 years old showed me his guns and taught me gun safety all the way growing up. He took the mystery out of the gun to me. If I ever wanted to see it he would let me as long as he was present and he unloaded it then instructed to me that every gun is loaded and that even tho somebody checked it I should check it. I never had the desire to sneak off and grab my dads gun. I knew where he had them but like I said he took the mystery out and I knew never to mess with them unless he is around. Now I'm such a safety nerd with guns. I hope you find the best solution that fits your needs! Good luck and stay safe my friend

NNT

Post by NNT »

I agree that portable safes are the way to go. I was around guns since before I can remember. Never had a safe in the house growing up. Just in drawers and corner of closets. But for my house and kids, I would never trust their maturity and instruction 100%. Kids can do dumb things thinking they 'know' better. I make sure they are not accessible.

SIGFan43

Post by SIGFan43 »

I am one of those people who don't enter a building with 30.06 signs, unless I have to see my doctor. I just leave my gun in the car out of sight, but leave my empty holster on my belt. I never visit locations who are not friendly. Recently, I went to visit my brother in Arkansas, whom I had not seen in nine years. He has a lot of grandchildren who are in and out of the house, so knowing that in Arkansas a licensed concealed carry requires that you verbally notify the occupant of a private residence that you are carrying, I told my brother before I left Texas. He told it would be alright. I did not stay with him, but stayed with a gun-friendly friend instead.
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Never leave home without it. :tiphat:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

I don't really understand the question.

A vacation is a time to relax. How does one relax without a handgun or three, or a rifle, or something? :biggrinjester:

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

treadlightly wrote:I don't really understand the question.

A vacation is a time to relax. How does one relax without a handgun or three, or a rifle, or something? :biggrinjester:
I'm not sure I can bring all my guns with me on vacation. :P
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “Never Again!!”