73 year old Florida woman shot dead in citizens police academy demonstration

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

baseballguy2001
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 73 year old Florida woman shot dead in citizens police academy demonstration

Post by baseballguy2001 »

I've read a couple more stories about this incident and my earlier post stands. This "accident" was 100% preventable and somebody needs to be held responsible. The Chief of police was a witness! Kudos to the Chief for not allowing his department to investigate what happened. No doubt in my mind now, this a career ender for more than a few people in my opinion.
7.30.08 -- Plastic in hand (99 days)
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 73 year old Florida woman shot dead in citizens police academy demonstration

Post by MechAg94 »

I don't care if I personally verified the gun was loaded with blanks or not, I wouldn't want anyone shooting blanks at me at any distance. I have heard too many problems. Hell, I wouldn't want anyone pointing a real gun at me.

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

Tonia Bond wrote:Gun owners should renew their permits regularly.Guns should be permitted for those who have a valid reason.
Ok..... Please explain what a "valid reason" is?
Who decides what "valid" means?

Guns should not be used for fun at gun ranges?
Guns should not be used for competition (Olympics come to mind as they are on now)

So in your view, we should be CHICAGO?
With the highest gun murder rate in the US? But also the strictest gun laws in the nation?
What part of take away guns makes those without guns the sheep (i.e. Victims)?

I know you are a troll and won't answer, but hopefully you will put some real thought into this and come to realize the brainwashing that Bloomberg and MDA have done to you
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Liberty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Liberty »

Tonia Bond wrote:It's really a bad news. Guns should be used only for security, but nowadays even kids are misusing them. This shouldn't have happened to that woman.
Guns are used for lots of things. Hunting, Target sports, Protection of personal family. Some people just like collecting them. All are legitimate reasons. While I carry, if truth be know, I mostly have guns because I like shooting them.

Owning a gun demands that we do so responsibly and safely. Following the 4 rules keeping them away from those who could misuse them.
Tonia Bond wrote:Guns are something which should be handled carefully. It's not a toy to play. Government should take action to prevent gun violence.Gun owners should renew their permits regularly.Guns should be permitted for those who have a valid reason.
Whoa!! We should get the governments permission to be able to protect ourselves? We don't need no permits in Texas to own a gun. Its concidered a God given right for the law abiding
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Troll alert!

mlsa

Post by mlsa »

I just graduated from our Citizens Police Academy this past May. One training session they used real guns.....there were two guns laying on the table....one revolver with the cylinder open so that you could see it was empty....one a 9MM with the magazine out and the slide back so that you could see it was empty.

They then passed each gun to each student to show us that it was empty. Then they passed each blank round to us so that we could see it was a blank....then we watched the officer load the weapons with the blanks.

The officer that was doing the demonstration was NOT wearing his gun. They stressed safety above all else and even now that we have graduated and involved in the COP'S program our safety is their #1 priority.

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

mlsa wrote:I just graduated from our Citizens Police Academy this past May. One training session they used real guns.....there were two guns laying on the table....one revolver with the cylinder open so that you could see it was empty....one a 9MM with the magazine out and the slide back so that you could see it was empty.

They then passed each gun to each student to show us that it was empty. Then they passed each blank round to us so that we could see it was a blank....then we watched the officer load the weapons with the blanks.

The officer that was doing the demonstration was NOT wearing his gun. They stressed safety above all else and even now that we have graduated and involved in the COP'S program our safety is their #1 priority.
I went through our local COP's program last winter, actual firearms were never part of the program. The only time a "gun" was used was in the traffic stop simulations and it was a blue gun.
NRA Life Member

warnmar10

He couldn't have killed her if he had been fired for this:

Post by warnmar10 »

vjallen75

Post by vjallen75 »

Teamless wrote:
Tonia Bond wrote:Gun owners should renew their permits regularly.Guns should be permitted for those who have a valid reason.
Ok..... Please explain what a "valid reason" is?
Who decides what "valid" means?

Guns should not be used for fun at gun ranges?
Guns should not be used for competition (Olympics come to mind as they are on now)

So in your view, we should be CHICAGO?
With the highest gun murder rate in the US? But also the strictest gun laws in the nation?
What part of take away guns makes those without guns the sheep (i.e. Victims)?

I know you are a troll and won't answer, but hopefully you will put some real thought into this and come to realize the brainwashing that Bloomberg and MDA have done to you
MY valid reason is my family, myself, and my neighbors safety. :patriot: :txflag:

[Edited to fix quotations]
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

KLB

Post by KLB »

allisji wrote:Curious if an accident like this could result in a criminal charge of "involuntary manslaughter" or some other kind of negligence charge.
Surely it could. You or I would be prosecuted. I don't think this guy should get a pass.

KLB

Post by KLB »

Tonia Bond wrote:It's really a bad news. Guns should be used only for security, but nowadays even kids are misusing them. This shouldn't have happened to that woman. No one is safe, even the security guards. Daily we come across a lots of news on deaths due to firing. Recently I saw this news http://optimumsecurity.ca/uncategorized ... t-robbery/ which was shocking. Lots of security officers are facing death each day. Guns are something which should be handled carefully. It's not a toy to play. Government should take action to prevent gun violence.Gun owners should renew their permits regularly.Guns should be permitted for those who have a valid reason.
Troll?

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Tonia Bond wrote: :evil2:
Go away Bloomberg Troll
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Not so sure about the trollness of the post. Reading between the lines, I think this might be someone looking or studying into the Armed security business, and is concerned about safety. She might be misinformed and believes that only professional and licenced people have guns. I don't know just guessing but I would hate to turn off a potential ally.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Liberty wrote:Not so sure about the trollness of the post. Reading between the lines, I think this might be someone looking or studying into the Armed security business, and is concerned about safety. She might be misinformed and believes that only professional and licenced people have guns. I don't know just guessing but I would hate to turn off a potential ally.

I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt. English may not be the first language either.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

techenigma

Post by techenigma »

Liberty wrote:Not so sure about the trollness of the post. Reading between the lines, I think this might be someone looking or studying into the Armed security business, and is concerned about safety. She might be misinformed and believes that only professional and licenced people have guns. I don't know just guessing but I would hate to turn off a potential ally.
Wasn't Orlando shooter a licensed security guard with a gun?

Return to “Never Again!!”