30.06 at Taco Cabana

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

RicRogue
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RicRogue »

jnkirk1974 wrote:I will never go there either. You know why? I think that place is disgusting.
So, it's pretty easy for me not to go there.

To me, it's one notch above Poncho's.
Ahhhhh...Poncho's

I think I am going to be raising the flag for dinner.

bkj
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bkj »

I had a similar conversation with my son. He is about to turn 21 and wants a CHL. He wanted to know why I avoid Katy Mills’s mall. And I told him they have posted 30.06 signs. And he tells me that there are not signs at very entrance so they are not enforceable. I tell him, True BUT why go where I am not wanted. His replies, to stick it to them. But I say, Katy Mills will file the complaint, the Katy police will arrest me, my gun will be confiscated, I will need a lawyer, and I will miss days of work. All this aggravation and it will coast ME thousands of dollars. It will coat Katy Mills nothing. Who is getting it stuck to? Why? To defend my rights and not be pushed around? The Mills cooperation has property rights too. And just because they do not cross every T and dot every I, I’m going to respect their right as I expect mine to be.

So I will shop at Mills corporation malls when they GUARANTEE my safety from criminals. Same thing for Taco Cabana. I’m really going to miss those barbaco tacos in the morning
"When seconds count the police are minutes away" Nikki Goeser

“Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority…They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.” Noah Webster

austin

Post by austin »

Mako 25 wrote:I ate at Taco Cabana in Boerne on 8/21 and they had no 30.06 signs posted. My Hi Power and I shared a beef fajita plate.
You need to check all the doors. I went in one at Campbell/75 that had nothing on one side, got my food, sat and ate with my XD AIWB, then saw the 30.06 sign on the other door!

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

I was recently coerced into eating at a Taco Cabana in Pasadena that once had the letter sized 30.06 signs.

The signs are no longer posted.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

GrillKing

Post by GrillKing »

bkj wrote: And he tells me that there are not signs at very entrance so they are not enforceable.
I don't believe this to be true. The law refers to effective notice. If a single entrance is posted and you go through that entrance, you were effectively notified and therefore trespassing. If you use the "other entrances weren't posted" as a defense, I believe you will lose.

If you genuinely don't know that an entrance is posted and you go through a non-posted entrance, you were not effectively notified. However, if 'caught' I believe you may or may not be arrested. In the long run, you would probably "win" that one if arrested, but at great expense.

IMH(non-lawyer)O

CleverNickname

Post by CleverNickname »

bkj wrote:He wanted to know why I avoid Katy Mills’s mall. And I told him they have posted 30.06 signs.
Mills Corp sold Katy Mills awhile back to another firm (see the middle of the article). I don't know whether this means Katy Mills' stance on CCW has changed though, but you might check it out. I'm 40 miles away so I don't get out on that side of Houston very often.

bkj

Post by bkj »

GrillKing wrote: I However, if 'caught' I believe you may or may not be arrested.

IMH(non-lawyer)O
I do believe you are right may or may not got to be one of those
GrillKing wrote: In the long run, you would probably "win" that one if arrested, but at great expense.
That was my point
"When seconds count the police are minutes away" Nikki Goeser

“Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority…They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.” Noah Webster

GrillKing

Post by GrillKing »

bkj wrote:
GrillKing wrote: I However, if 'caught' I believe you may or may not be arrested.

IMH(non-lawyer)O
I do believe you are right may or may not got to be one of those
GrillKing wrote: In the long run, you would probably "win" that one if arrested, but at great expense.
That was my point
Sorry... re-read your post, got it!!!

lawrnk

Post by lawrnk »

Has anyone spoken to management about why they post the 30.06?

Xander

Post by Xander »

lawrnk wrote:Has anyone spoken to management about why they post the 30.06?
Yes. If you follow the links Carlson posted to the earlier threads on the same subject, it's been covered.

Return to “Never Again!!”