30.06 at Taco Cabana

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
wheelgun1958
Posts in topic: 1

30.06 at Taco Cabana

Post by wheelgun1958 »

Here is what I sent to Taco Cabana this morning. I stopped by on the way to Big Town gun show for breakfast. The restaurant is located in the parking lot adjoining WalMart. I left still hungry.

"I stopped by your location at I-30 and Buckner Blvd in Dallas this morning. I noted you have a sign posted per Tx Penal Code 30.06 prohibiting carrying of a handgun by licensee on the door. Although the sign is not a legal one (letters wrong size) I understood the intent. I will not again stop at Taco Cabana, and neither shall any of my family. I will post this on the internet thereby being assured that I am not the only one boycotting Taco Cabana."

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Dan20703

Post by Dan20703 »

I wonder if it's a corporate thing or just that restaurant. I will avoid them if it is at all locations.
There will always be prayer in schools as long as there are tests.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

Liberty

Re: 30.06 at Taco Cabana

Post by Liberty »

wheelgun1958 wrote:Here is what I sent to Taco Cabana this morning. I stopped by on the way to Big Town gun show for breakfast. The restaurant is located in the parking lot adjoining WalMart. I left still hungry.

"I stopped by your location at I-30 and Buckner Blvd in Dallas this morning. I noted you have a sign posted per Tx Penal Code 30.06 prohibiting carrying of a handgun by licensee on the door. Although the sign is not a legal one (letters wrong size) I understood the intent. I will not again stop at Taco Cabana, and neither shall any of my family. I will post this on the internet thereby being assured that I am not the only one boycotting Taco Cabana."
Good job, Taco Cabana has a reputation for putting up the wrong size signs. It probably isn't a good idea to tell them how to do it right.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Its ok "Wheelgun"...At least you noticed and made your point...

I too get frustrated because I really like those Chicken Papusa's with the pineapple chipotle salsa...And when I get under the weather, their chicken tortilla soup is a life saver...

Good thing they have drive throughs though, right???
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

WarHawk-AVG

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

Liberty wrote:
wheelgun1958 wrote:Here is what I sent to Taco Cabana this morning. I stopped by on the way to Big Town gun show for breakfast. The restaurant is located in the parking lot adjoining WalMart. I left still hungry.

Good job, Taco Cabana has a reputation for putting up the wrong size signs. It probably isn't a good idea to tell them how to do it right.
So wrong lettering on the sign makes them void or something?

I'm new so it would be good to know...and if you are concealed and noone sees it, are you really carrying?

All they can do is ask you to leave once you have been outted right?
A sheepdog says "I will lead the way. I will set the highest standards. ...Your mission is to man the ramparts in this dark and desperate hour with honor and courage." - Lt. Col. Grossman
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ - Edmond Burke

txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

Molon_labe wrote:
Liberty wrote:

So wrong lettering on the sign makes them void or something?
For a sign to be enforceable the letters must be 1 inch in height, but I am not carrying a ruler around and measuring letters. ;-)

All they can do is ask you to leave once you have been outted right?

If the sign is enforceable you could be arrested on the spot. If the sign was not enforceable then they would tell you to leave and if you then refused tresspassing charges could be filed.

**** Molon labe; Molōn labe! (Μολὼν λαβέ; approximate Classical Greek pronunciation [moˈlōn laˈbe], Modern Greek [mo̞ˈlo̞n laˈve̞]), meaning "Come [and] take [them]!", roughly corresponding to the modern equivalent English phrase "over my dead body".***** Oh KAY. :???:
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

BrassMonkey
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BrassMonkey »

Ummm, what's the big deal, go thru the drive thru if you really want their food that bad. :-)
BrassMonkey, that funky monkey....
===========================
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

mikesrex

Post by mikesrex »

BrassMonkey wrote:Ummm, what's the big deal, go thru the drive thru if you really want their food that bad. :-)
But why support a business who doesn't support their customers with CHL's to carry?

I understand they have the right to do so, but we also have the choice to go somewhere else.

BrassMonkey

Post by BrassMonkey »

That's what I was saying, if you really want it that bad, go thru the drive thru... Otherwise, go somewhere else.
BrassMonkey, that funky monkey....
===========================
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

jnkirk1974

Post by jnkirk1974 »

I will never go there either. You know why? I think that place is disgusting.
So, it's pretty easy for me not to go there.

To me, it's one notch above Poncho's.
Rock River Arms AR-15, HK P2000sk, Glock 23,Beretta 92FS and Seacamp .32

Mako 25

Post by Mako 25 »

If the sign is enforceable you could be arrested on the spot. If the sign was not enforceable then they would tell you to leave and if you then refused tresspassing charges could be filed.

Probably, the police would arrest you anyway and the judge would determine if the sign was legitimate or not.

eightball714

Post by eightball714 »

Disgusting food? :?: Man I love their food! Haven`t seen 30.06 posted at my local cabana. As a matter of fact, now I`m hungry! :cool:
Image 8ball

Mako 25

Post by Mako 25 »

I ate at Taco Cabana in Boerne on 8/21 and they had no 30.06 signs posted. My Hi Power and I shared a beef fajita plate.

Return to “Never Again!!”