Had to use my 45. Hope this never happens again.

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

gringo pistolero
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Had to use my 45. Hope this never happens again.

Post by gringo pistolero »

johnson0317 wrote:I dunno...

...lot can happen in four and a half years.
"rlol"
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

74novaman
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 74novaman »

I've never understood finding a 4 year old post with which to bump up ones post count. Seems that you could do it so easily by commenting on current topics.

That being said, this thread necromancy reminded me of the OP. When I first joined, he posted a decent amount. Haven't seen him around in a while, hope he's doing ok.
TANSTAAFL

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 6

Post by seamusTX »

74novaman wrote:I've never understood finding a 4 year old post with which to bump up ones post count.
I never understood why it's a problem. People are still commenting on the Bible, and that was written nearly 2,000 years ago. ;-)

Many things that were posted in this forum are as valid today as they were in 2005.
That being said, this thread necromancy reminded me of the OP. When I first joined, he posted a decent amount. Haven't seen him around in a while, hope he's doing ok.
He logged on today, so he probably is OK.

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

seamusTX wrote:
74novaman wrote:I've never understood finding a 4 year old post with which to bump up ones post count.
I never understood why it's a problem. People are still commenting on the Bible, and that was written nearly 2,000 years ago. ;-)

Many things that were posted in this forum are as valid today as they were in 2005.
Very true. I guess I'm just grouchy this morning. :biggrinjester:

But there is a difference between finding an old post and saying "hey, this taught me something" or "hey I've been looking at this type of gun/holster/whatever do you still like it" and just chiming in to say "cool story".

That's the part I don't get. Chiming in on something that hasn't been discussed in a while. :headscratch

Either way....it doesn't annoy me so much as I'm confused by it. "rlol"

Edit: And I actually moderate a car forum where one of the site rules is "don't bump old (year or older) posts" so I guess it just automatically makes me a little "twitchy". :lol::
TANSTAAFL

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

74novaman wrote:But there is a difference between finding an old post and saying "hey, this taught me something" or "hey I've been looking at this type of gun/holster/whatever do you still like it" and just chiming in to say "cool story".
You're right.

However, I won't call someone a spammer or troll until that is provable. I find it easier just to move on without further comment.

I sort of have the opposite problem. Since I have been a member of the forum for six years, I have pretty much seen it all several times (except for the changes in laws). I really don't need to discuss amusement parks or accidental "flashing" again. I just figure the newbies need to get it out of their system.

- Jim

Heartland Patriot

Re:

Post by Heartland Patriot »

NcongruNt wrote:Most of my gun nightmares involve equipment failure more than anything else. I had a dream the other night where I was fighting in some sort of street warfare with a Dragunov rifle, but it was like I was shooting on primers only. My shots weren't having any affect, and were barely breaking skin at a range of about 20 yards. I wasn't even getting enough recoil force for ejection and had to cycle each round manually.

When I first got my license, I was in a living situation that did not allow me to have a gun in the house (under my lease agreement). I had a nightmare where I needed my pistol because of a nighttime break in, but it was locked up in my van. I moved shortly after getting my license, and the main reason was the "no guns" issue. I've not had this one again.

I had a dream a couple of months ago similar to the Dragunov one, where my PA-63 exhibited the same behavior - the gun fires but does nothing to its intended target. It was a nighttime break in, and my gun had no effect, even after multiple shots at point-blank range.

I've read on these forums that it's a relatively common dream for police officers to have... pull the trigger and nothing happens. It certainly seems to be a recurring theme for me thus far.

I need to get to the range and work out the cobwebs in my head. :fire Someday I'll buy that Dragunov. I sure do dream about it enough. ;-)
Since this thread necro thing is rolling along like it is, AND I've never conversed with "NcongruNt", I'll just add to their post.

I've had dreams such as this one, where I am fighting back against an attacker, but with my fists. However, no matter how much power I think I'm putting into each blow, they seem to have little to no effect on the attacker. Terrible dreams, glad I haven't had one like that in quite a while.

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

I've met NcongruNt. Nice guy. I've lost track of him.

I rarely have dreams that involve firearms. However, I had one last week. I dreamt that (a) it was back in something like 1986 when my son was a baby, and (b) one of my shirt-tail relatives was involved. I was screaming at the guy that I was going to shoot him. Problem is, I started screaming out loud and my wife practically went through the ceiling.

The kind of dream where you are being attacked and fighting back doesn't work is rather common.

- Jim

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

seamusTX wrote: (b) one of my shirt-tail relatives was involved.
Okay, since its an old thread anyway and I don't feel bad about derailing it...I have to ask...

Shirt tail relatives? Are those in-laws? Never heard the term before.
TANSTAAFL

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

A distant relative, like your brother-in-law's nephew or your uncle's sister-in-law.

Usually it's someone you dislike, which in this dream it was.

And BTW, in real life kidnappings often involve some disaffected relative of the child's parents.

- Jim

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

g31357 wrote:glad to see your ok after that incident.
You just brought back another old thread a while ago. I think you are only allowed one:

per day!
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

johnson0317
Posts in topic: 2

Post by johnson0317 »

Although I busted on him for two of the threads he raised from the dead, it was not simply that he commented on threads from so long ago. I think any thread of substance that has a comment that furthers it is great...no matter how old. It just seemed he was posting to post. Like someone else said, there are plenty of current threads to post an innocuous comment in. Don't want to scare the guy away, we need all the posters we can get, I just want to set him on a good track.

RJ
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

JustMe

Post by JustMe »

I will admit--when I first got here, I went back years to read (& learn) everything I could. I can see how in the moment of reading it, it IS new to you--and when you are zoned in, you can forget that it is years old!
Mary Ellis
TX CHL Instructor NRA Instuctor--Basic Pistol,Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, RTBAV,Home Firearm Safety,Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection outside the Home. ,RSO, CRSO,TP&&W Hunter Ed Instructor

ex_dsmr

Post by ex_dsmr »

In the good spirit of keeping this zombie post flowing:

Ill admit it had me going right ill the end and regardless of its actual happening it DID sound like a complete nightmare.

It solidifies my take on using holsters with belt loops instead of clips to alleviate the possibility of pulling the holster up with the gun in a panicked state and reaffirms my belief that thumb break holsters -especially in a ccw rig- can create more problems than they solve in a stressful situation.

ScooterSissy

Post by ScooterSissy »

74novaman wrote:...But there is a difference between finding an old post and saying "hey, this taught me something" or "hey I've been looking at this type of gun/holster/whatever do you still like it" and just chiming in to say "cool story".
I've never understood the "cool story" posts myself. If a person doesn't think something is relevant, they should ask, or just go to the next post.

Transplant

Re: Re:

Post by Transplant »

Heartland Patriot wrote: I had a dream a couple of months ago similar to the Dragunov one, where my PA-63 exhibited the same behavior - the gun fires but does nothing to its intended target. It was a nighttime break in, and my gun had no effect, even after multiple shots at point-blank range.

I've read on these forums that it's a relatively common dream for police officers to have... pull the trigger and nothing happens. It certainly seems to be a recurring theme for me thus far.
I've had dreams such as this one, where I am fighting back against an attacker, but with my fists. However, no matter how much power I think I'm putting into each blow, they seem to have little to no effect on the attacker. Terrible dreams, glad I haven't had one like that in quite a while.
Yep that was how all my dreams went for a long time too. I'd be shooting someone and the bullet did no damage or hitting them as hard as i could and it was like nothing.
Last edited by Transplant on Thu May 03, 2012 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Never Again!!”