Had to use my 45. Hope this never happens again.

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Tbucher1218
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Had to use my 45. Hope this never happens again.

Post by Tbucher1218 »

A few weeks before I took my chl class, I guess I was a little nervious becuase I had the same dream a few night in a row where our house was being broke into and there guys coming in the front door and I was in the hall way (15 feet away) firing my .38 at them and they just kept coming at me, I could not hit them. :mad5 My husband (who also has his chl and I know would give his life for me) in my dream was sitting on the couch not doing a thing to stop these bg from entering our house and attacking me :mad5 . The dream took a little longer than this post but I woke up so upset and to this day I still get onto him for not helping me :rolll
02/27/12 Online App
06/06/12 Plastic in Hand. 71 Days!

steve817

Post by steve817 »

In my dreams, my bullets have no affect even though I'm shooting dead center mass.
74novaman wrote:I've never understood finding a 4 year old post with which to bump up ones post count. Seems that you could do it so easily by commenting on current topics.

That being said, this thread necromancy reminded me of the OP. When I first joined, he posted a decent amount. Haven't seen him around in a while, hope he's doing ok.
I'm probably one of the worst offenders. My reasons for doing it have nothing to do with post count. I simply don't pay attention to the dates.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.."
-- Ronald Reagan

goose
Posts in topic: 1

Post by goose »

Tbucher1218 wrote: to this day I still get onto him for not helping me :rolll
I think I married your sister. :-)
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

Tbucher1218

Post by Tbucher1218 »

goose wrote:
Tbucher1218 wrote: to this day I still get onto him for not helping me :rolll
I think I married your sister. :-)
"rlol" "rlol"
02/27/12 Online App
06/06/12 Plastic in Hand. 71 Days!

atxtj

Post by atxtj »

steve817 wrote:In my dreams, my bullets have no affect even though I'm shooting dead center mass.
Strange to see a theme here. I have the same kind of dreams, bullets have very little effect, no matter what I do. Someone posted that it is a common dream for LEOs too, I wonder what the significance is of it.

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 6

Post by seamusTX »

Dreams where you are feeling powerless usually occur when you actually do feel powerless because something is happening that you can't control, like money or marital problems.

Probably everyone has them in some form at some time. Mine usually involved hand-to-hand fighting. I also had a lot of dreams years ago where all my teeth fell out or I was chased by ferocious animals.

These things aren't real complicated, though shrinks and scam artists make a lot of money off people who worry about them.

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

atxtj wrote:
steve817 wrote:In my dreams, my bullets have no affect even though I'm shooting dead center mass.
Strange to see a theme here. I have the same kind of dreams, bullets have very little effect, no matter what I do. Someone posted that it is a common dream for LEOs too, I wonder what the significance is of it.
A member of the forum told me that a pychiatrist told him that this dream signifies that you don't want to kill someone.
NRA Endowment Member

steve817

Post by steve817 »

WildBill wrote:
atxtj wrote:
A member of the forum told me that a pychiatrist told him that this dream signifies that you don't want to kill someone.

I guess that is a good thing then.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.."
-- Ronald Reagan

atxtj

Post by atxtj »

Yeah, that was my thought too. I'm glad I have those dreams then.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

atxtj wrote:Yeah, that was my thought too. I'm glad I have those dreams then.
That is what he said. :thumbs2:
NRA Endowment Member

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...in my teen years, I started having a dream often where I was after a BG with a pistol in each hand...and they would only go click/click/click...the result was that the whole time I policed, I checked each one of my 3 carry pieces daily very well for cleanliness and function...since I got off the force...never had it again...

...one Sunday evening, I discovered while practicing that my M66 had developed a problem in that the trigger began to pull DA without raising and dropping the hammer...I went to work with my Combat Commander on my hip...and the Sergeant who flew up at me about it decided he needed my presence on the street more than he needed me to be carrying the issue weapon...(we had roughly a 33% failure rate out of our 320+ Smith&Wesson M66 issued, the SD got Ruger Security Sixes in SS about the same time and reported 0 failures...something to be said for ugly)...
...I wouldn't let dreams run my life...but wouldn't deny they do have a serious purpose and meaning, for sure...

Scott in Houston

Post by Scott in Houston »

My equivalent dreams to these are where I cannot pull the trigger. I mean physically unable to because the trigger is so heavy that it's almost immovable. The BG or monster or whatever could be coming right for me, I point and start to squeeze the trigger and it won't budge! So frustrating!

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

seamusTX wrote:I've met NcongruNt. Nice guy. I've lost track of him.

I rarely have dreams that involve firearms. However, I had one last week. I dreamt that (a) it was back in something like 1986 when my son was a baby, and (b) one of my shirt-tail relatives was involved. I was screaming at the guy that I was going to shoot him. Problem is, I started screaming out loud and my wife practically went through the ceiling.

The kind of dream where you are being attacked and fighting back doesn't work is rather common.

- Jim
I'm still around. I'm more active in the reloading and rifle/shotgun areas these days. Having gotten married and started some projects, I don't devote as much time to the forum as I used to.

I almost gave you a call a couple of days ago to see if you wanted to get together, being down your way with my wife's family this past weekend. We hitched a ride with her parents though, so I didn't have transportation of my own to meet up with you and decided against it. I'll let you know next time I'm down your way. I haven't had a good round of skeet in a while.

I will still every once in a while have a gun dream, but only maybe once a year. I guess they've become more normal and everyday for me, so they don't tend to show up as often.
NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

AZZMIE

Post by AZZMIE »

I have had the same issue with dreams. Fortunately, it was only a dream. Remember, the idea of pulling the trigger is to stop the threat. The moment you feel your life is in danger, you're clear to pull the trigger to stop the threat. I am not an attorney, nor as familiar with Texas State law as an attorney. I am just someone who firmly believes that a gun is simply a tool to make very bad people stop doing very bad things.

tonzofphun

Post by tonzofphun »

I believed up until the thugs all had guns. The dumb friend was believable because we all have a few of those. Good story nonetheless.

I read that we have nightmares in order to help prepare us for life threatening events such as these. You are now more prepared than before you had this dream.

Return to “Never Again!!”